[ YulSic ] The Reunion 2019

Amare

 

'THE REUNION 2019'

 

 

“Yooooong!” Taeyeon exclaimed when Yoona entered the dorm

“Unnieeeee!” Yoona greeted as she run towards Taeyeon and hugged her “I miss you.”

Taeyeon returned the hug with a smile “I miss you too, you’re so busy today glad you made it.”

“I ran here as soon as the schedule ended.”

“I saw the teaser of your movie, it was very good.” Taeyeon said giving a thumbs up

“Thank you, make sure you come and watch.”

‘I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Taeyeon said

“Oh hey!” It was Yuri “Did you grow taller or Taeyeon grew shorter?”

“Yah!” Taeyeon grunted, as Yoona went to hug Yuri

“Did you cut your hair?”

Yuri nodded “It doesn’t suit me?”

“No, it suits you. You look fresh.”

“Not as fresh as you look. I heard you run here but you’re still glowing.”

Yoona chuckles softly “You compliment me too much, Sooyoung-unnie will whine if she hears you”

 

“Oh, Yoong!” It was Sooyoung who just came from the kitchen. “You’re here.”

“Of course, I’ll be here.” Yoona answered “What did I miss?”

“Hyoyeon kept telling me that she was funnier than me, the nerve.”

“Tell her Yoona.” Hyoyeon spoke behind Sooyoung

 

Yoona glance at Taeyeon and Yuri.

Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulder.

 

“I thought I was the funniest.” Yuri joined, that both earned a disbelief look from Hyoyeon and Sooyoung.

 

“Yoona unnie!” Seohyun greeted excitedly, wearing a face mask.

“Seohyun’s the funniest.” Yoona said as she made her way to the living room.

 

 

They are now settled in the living room.

 

“Guys, Tiff just called, they’re still in the process of finalizing the concert so she can’t make it.” Taeyeon said as she sits beside Yuri “She promises to be here, next time though.”

“Is Sunny still shooting for that kitchen?” Sooyoung asked

Seohyun nodded “The schedule has been set week ago so they cannot cancel it.”

“I said on one of the interviews that she’s not the most interested in cooking out of all of us but she’s winning on the show.” Yoona said “As expected.”

“How about Je—“ Sooyoung elbowed Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon clenched her jaw and cursed internally.

 

The room suddenly went client, the girls glancing at each other.

 

“She’s not Voldemort, you can say her name.” Yuri spoke plainly “What time she’ll be here?”

Sooyoung cough “30 minutes, I think.”

“I see.” Yuri muttered “Come on, let’s take a picture. I’m sure it’ll make SONE happy.”

“I’m sure they will.” Yoona said as they compressed and took a photo.

 

“Since, it’s my phone, I’ll post it first.” Sooyoung said looking at the photos

 

“I’ll go ahead.” Yuri said

“You’re already leaving unnie?” It was Seohyun

Yuri just smiled weakly. “It was really nice seeing all of you together again, just like the old times. We should do it more often.”

“Yul…” It was Hyoyeon

“Let me know when, I’ll be sure to clear my schedule.” Yuri answered “Enjoy the night.” She said then went towards the door

Sooyoung was about to follow her when Taeyeon grabbed her arm and shook her head softly.

 

 

“Unnie!!!” Yoona was the first to greeted her

“Yoong-ah.” Jessica beamed a smile as she hugged her “I miss you…”

“I miss you too, I thought you won’t make it.” Yoona said “How’s Bali?”

“Refreshing, we should go there.” Jessica answered

“Yeah, we should.” Sooyoung spoke as she gave Jessica a hugged “It’s been so long since we’ve been on a vacation.”

“Hey.” Taeyeon said

“Hi... Did you bring zero?” Jessica asked giving Taeyeon a hugged

“And I thought you said you miss me?”

“I miss you of course but I haven’t met zero in person,” Jessica answered “I’ve heard a lot of good things about him.”

“What good things? He doesn’t even listen to me.”

“That’s because you’re a weirdo.” Hyoyeon said grinning as she went to Jessica “How’s my favorite CEO?”

Jessica laughs returning the hug “Better now that I’m seeing you guys.”

“Of course, you will. We are a goddess in disguise.” Sooyoung said shamelessly that made everyone laugh

“The only goddess that I know is standing behind you,” Jessica said smiling at Seohyun

“Unnie~” Sohyun said as she went to hugged Jessica

“Oh God, my baby grew up so fast.” Jessica said while hugging Seohyun

 

Seohyun just laughed at the remarks. There was no use arguing about it. She could be 50 and her unnie’s will still call her their baby. She will always be their baby.

 

Upon pulling from the hugged, Jessica looked around as if she’s looking for something or someone, which totally noticed by everyone.

 

“Have you eaten yet?” Sooyoung was the first to ask “I’ll go get the food ready.” Then went to the kitchen with Seohyun

“Unnie, you must be tired from the long flight, give me that.” Yoona said taking Jessica’s bag and proceed to place it at the sofa.

“I’ll get the movie ready.” Hyoyeon said then left.

 

“She left 30 min. ago.” Taeyeon told her

Jessica’s face dropped down “She’s still mad at me, isn’t she?”

“She’s not mad at you.”

“You guys kept telling me that but that doesn’t really sound convincing when she hasn’t talk to me for the last 5 years” Jessica said sadly

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to spend the night?” Sooyoung asked

“I’d love to but I have an early meeting tomorrow.” Jessica answered “Maybe next time.”

“Okay.” Sooyoung nodded “Be careful on your way.”

 

 

Jessica went inside the elevator, she was about to press on the floor where she parked her car when she notice the button for the rooftop. Unconsciously, she pressed it.

 

“Are they going to be okay?” Sooyoung asked

“I hope.” Taeyeon answered

“Why can’t they be just like you and Tiff?” Sooyoung asked “I mean you and Tiffany broke up but you two are okay.”

“Tiff and I were different.” Taeyeon answered “Yes, we did broke up. It was hard, painful but it wasn’t a bad break up. It was mutual. We both agreed that once we achieved both our dreams for ourselves and the feelings are still there then we would be together again. Whereas Yuri and Jessica’s are not anywhere good breakup, it was worst to be honest.”

“What did you think happen to New York?” Sooyoung asked, “Until now, they were both mum about what happen there.”

“I don’t know…” Taeyeon answered “Yuri followed her to New York after the news, after what happen, then after a few days, Yuri came back and never said a word about Jessica again, she can’t even say her name.”

 

//

 

“I hope next time I come, I’m not moping anymore.” Yuri said smiling softly at her own words. She was lying down on the floor, looking at the sky above. She comes here whenever she needs time to think. She gets up from the floor and starts wiping the dust on herself, she stops midway when she heard a familiar voice.

 

 

“Hi…"

Surprised was evident on Yuri’s face, it’s been 5 years since she last saw her and heard her voice and yet Jessica has still the same effect on her. After all these years that feeling is still there when Jessica look at her, she can still give her butterflies that wouldn’t go away.

 

Yuri looked away “What are you doing here?”

“Fresh air.” Jessica answered looking straightly at her

“Air here is nice but don’t stay too late there are lot of mosquitoes” She said as she starts her pace without looking at Jessica

“Yuri…” Jessica called when Yuri reached where she’s standing but Yuri continues as if she wasn’t there. She turns to follow her and grabbed her by the wrist “Please…”

 

Yuri shut her eyes at the sudden contact. It’s been so long and yet her touch still makes her forget how to breathe, one simple touch yet enough for her heart to lose its balance. And with all her strength she told her “Let go.”

Jessica tighten her holds, for she knew the moment she lost her arm Yuri will walk away without looking back and she have no idea when will she ever get this chance again. “I can’t… I won’t.”

 

“Why are you doing this to me?”

“I want us to talk.” Jessica answered still holding on to Yuri “I understand if you haven’t forgiven me fo—“

“I already forgave you…” Yuri spoke softly as she turns to Jessica “I already forgave you. Believe me when I say that I’m not mad anymore, I’m way past that.”

 

Jessica slowly loosen her grip “Then why? It’s been 5 years…”

“Just because I forgave you don’t mean that the pain will be gone too.” Yuri answered “But I hope it did. I pray damn hard but it doesn’t work like that.”

 

Jessica looked down, she knew she hurt her but she never realized the extent of it until she looks at her eyes and heard it from Yuri herself. She always thought that it was anger and hate that’s driving Yuri away but clearly it wasn’t. “I’m sorry.”

 

“To other’s 5 years is a really long time already, but to me it isn’t. I could still feel it like it was just yesterday. Everything is still fresh and how much it hurts when you decided to throw everything away by a simple goodbye.” Yuri said her voice wrapped by sadness “You were a big part of my life and on one simple goodbye, you’re gone, how did you expect to go from that?”

 

Jessica can’t look up, did she really think she can just waltz her way in to everyone’s life again and expect to welcome her in open arms?

 

“I didn’t say this to make you feel bad, I told you this so you would know where I’m coming from.” Yuri said, her voice soft but there’s sadness around it

“I know, it was me who said goodbye, but I didn’t mean for it to be forever.”

“I know…” Yuri then smiles faintly “I don’t want it to be forever too. I just told you, you were a big part of my life, no one can replace you”

Jessica’s eyes tear up.  “Did we really go through all of that just to become strangers again?”

Yuri reached Jessica’s head and ruffles her hair softly “I’ll work even harder to get over it so we can be friends again.”

 

Tears roll down her face, oh God she misses her, she misses her smile, her voice, her touch. She misses everything about her.

 

Yuri wipes her tears using her finger “I’d tell you not to cry but it’s not like it would stop when you want it to. But I hope you don’t cry for so long.”

Jessica hugged Yuri “Until you heal yourself, I will let you be… So just this one time, let me do this…” as tears fall run down continuously

 

Yuri returned the hug. “I will heal myself quickly. I can’t wait to stand and laugh beside you again. Missing you is the hardest thing I’ve got to deal with everyday.” She said as Jessica tightens the hug and cried harder.

 

They’ve lost track of time on how long have they been standing there, hugging each other.

 

Yuri was the first one to pull back. “You’re not crying anymore. I’m glad.”

Jessica smiles at her “Thank you…”

“Me too.” Yuri told her with a smile “I’ll go first then…”

 

Jessica nodded. As Yuri step away but before she take her second step she turns and looked at Jessica.

 

“Was it worth it? You know, you leaving?” Yuri asked looking straightly at Jessica “Was it worth it?”

Jessica looked in Yuri’s eyes and answered “I am happy.”

 

Yuri gave her a sincere smile “I used to tell you that your happiness is my happiness and nothing has changed. At least I know you’re happy.” then left without looking back.

 

Jessica stood on her spot looking at Yuri’s figure walking away.

 

“That wasn’t just a simple goodbye… that was my hardest goodbye”

 

“You are my hardest goodbye.”

 

“I’m happy… But loosing you isn’t worth it.”

 

The end.