[ SaeRi ] Home

Amare

                                                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                                                          [ HOME ]

                                                                                           

 

The schedule just ended, it’s almost midnight, the manager tried to brush of the sleepiness that’s been visiting her for a while but her eyes couldn’t, so she decided to stop at the coffee shop.

 

Half-asleep, Yeri asked “Are we here?”

“Ah no, I’ll just go get some coffee.” The manager answered “Do you want me to get you a drink?”

“No, I’m fine, thank you.” Yeri answered not bothering to open her eyes

“Okay, I’ll be back quickly.” The manager said then stepped out of the car

 

Yeri tried to go back to sleep but she couldn’t, then a familiar place greeted her as soon as she opened her eyes.

 

She stepped out of the car and look at the place. It’s been so long since she last been here. The place still looks the same, but the feeling she get isn’t anymore.

She saw few people inside, her manager at the counter placing her order and paused when her gaze landed on the familiar table on the right side corner of the shop.

 

“One slice of Red Velvet cake for a pretty lady.” Yeri said putting the cake in front of the girl and then sit at the empty table in front

“I know right.”

“Wow…” Yeri chuckles in disbelief “Since you’re so pretty and all, I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re dating someone.”

“I am.” She answered smiling “The most beautiful woman out there in fact.”

Yeri bit her lower lip as she smiles from ear to ear “Is she now? But I don’t think so.”

 

The girl in front cocked her brows, staring at Yeri.

 

Yeri stood up from her sit and then sat beside the girl “Because you see, I am dating the most beautiful woman out there, she’s so pretty I get blinded every time I look at her.”

The girl in front cringes, as she reached Yeri’s nose and pinch it softly “That’s so greasy…”

Yeri laughs “It’s true though.”

“Isn’t Irene unnie the prettiest?”

“To Seungwan unnie she is, but to me you are.” She answered then kiss the other girls temple, then starts eating

“I love you.” The girl said suddenly making Yeri choke.

“And I was the greasy one Kim Saeron-ssi?” Yeri said chuckling

Saeron just smiled softly “I love you so much Kim Yerimie.”

 

“Liar.”

 

 

 

“I don’t think we should go.” Irene said, four of them in the living room while Yeri is still sleeping.

“Yeah, me too… Let’s just skip this.” Seulgi added

 

Wendy and Joy nodded in agreement.

 

“What are you guys talking about?” Yeri asked seeing her unnies talking in the living with serious expression

 

Four of them glancing at each other, Irene as the older decided to speak as Yeri sits besides Joy.

 

“We were just talking about this invitation if we should go perform or not.”

“What event?” Yeri asked

“Charity concert…” Irene trailed off.

“We’re going, right?” Yeri asked

“That’s the thing, we’ll be out of the country and we’ll come back night before the day of the event, we won’t have much time for the rehearsal.” Wendy reasoned

“And when did that become a problem?” Yeri asked playfully “We’re probably dead tired but come on, it’s for a good cause and we—“

“Saeron will be there.” Joy stated, there’s no use in hitting around the bush, earning look from everyone

“Joy-ah…” Seulgi called, then gaze at Yeri who’s clearly shook from hearing a name she hasn’t heard for so long.

“We all agreed to decline the event.” Irene said

“Why?” Yeri asked as everyone looked at her worriedly.

“Yeri…” It was Wendy

 

Yeri make a faint smile “Whether I like it or not, I’d meet her again one way or another, it’s a small world especially in our line of work.”

“Are you going to be okay?” Irene asked, worries not leaving everyone’s faces

“It’s been two years…” She answered with a smile, then stood up from her seat “I’m starving…” then went to the kitchen

 

“You didn’t answer me though.” Irene muttered.

 

 

Two years ago…

 

“Yeri-ah, can we talk?” Irene asked

Yeri nodded “Is something wrong?”

“About the performance earlier...” Irene trailed

“Ah, I’m sorry about that. I’ll do better tomorrow.” Yeri said “I’ll go and rest.”

“Yeri.” Irene called “I know how hard it is for you right now but people are noticing, fans are pointing, it’s not just one or two but ever since what happen you haven’t been performing the same.”

 

Yeri stayed silent.

 

“We understand, trust me.” Irene said as she holds Yeri’s hand “But people out there who don’t know will not understand. We are idol and people expect us to go out there and do our job well. If you keep this up, you—“

“They’re going to bash me? Fans will hate me? I don’t care.” Yeri pulled her hand as she looked at Irene “I’ve lost someone who meant the world to me. She left me. Do you think I still care who stays and leaves anymore?” She then turns to left but Irene grabbed her by the hand before she could walk away

 

“Yeri-ah…”

Yeri looked at Irene’s hand, then to her face. “You can all go for all I care.”

 

 

 

They are now on their way for the charity concert, though she looks calmly on the outside, just her usual self, listening to music while on their way to schedule, she’s freaking out inside.

Truth was, she couldn’t stay still since last night and barely slept.

This was a ing bad idea, she thought. What the was she thinking when she said she’d want to do this even when all of her unnie’s were all against it.

 

They are now on the parking lot of the event, she could feel the weight of the stares of everyone, especially the four.

 

“Will you please stop looking me like I’m some kind of glass that’s going to break any time soon?” Yeri joked, trying to ease the situation. If she shows any sign of melting down right now, that’s going to worry everyone more than they already are “I’m okay,” she managed to say without cracking a voice, when clearly she isn’t.

 

Yeri’s thought was scattered everywhere as they made their way to their dressing room.

‘What if she saw her while walking at the hallway?’

‘What if they bump into the restroom?’

‘What if they walked pass each other?’

‘What if…

‘What if…

‘What if…

 

Her whole being is being occupied by all the ‘what if’s’ that she hasn’t realize that Irene has been calling her name for a while now.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry I was…” she paused when she saw everyone’s expression, she’d probably standing at her spot like a statue for at least a minute. “I’m sorry…” was all she could say as she went to sit down and tried to relax herself.

 

Usually their dressing was in chaos, chatting here and there but today it wasn’t. The room was almost in silent. Nobody tries to make unnecessary noises, even the tv was off, she could bet that they did that purposely because Saeron was one of the MC today.

 

Yeri kept her eyes closed the whole time, she could feel everyone’s stare too and it isn’t helping, not at all.

 

Someone knock on the door. ‘You’ll be up in stage in ten, please get ready.”

Suddenly Yeri’s felt like her heart was going to burst. Her breathed starts getting rugged, she tried to calm herself but she couldn’t.

What if she saw her on their way to the backstage? What if she—

“You’ll be okay.” Wendy smiling at her “You’re going to be just fine.”

And that ease Yeri, Wendy walked with her until they reached the back stage and thank God she never saw a glimpse of her and then they’re up on the stage.

 

After 3 songs, they said goodbye’s and went back to the waiting room.

 

Yeri was finally able to breathe; they only need to wait for everyone to finish their performance for the goodbye stage.

After at least twenty minutes, they were back on stage together with the entire artist that performs.

 

They looked around on where their luvies are sitting and wave their hands, smiling from ear to ear as soon as they saw them. For a moment, Yeri forgot all her worries as she waved her hands on them.

 

But that moment got cut short as soon as she turn sideways, she saw a familiar pair of eyes staring at her, a face that’s carved into her memories, wearing a smile that always make her day brighter, a person who once hold her heart, standing their looking at her.

 

Suddenly, it felt like the whole disappear and every memories she’s had with her came back all at once, all the smiles and tears, the good and the bad, from beginning till the end and without her knowing, tears fell from her eyes.

 

Fortunately, Joy saw what was happening and was fast enough to almost shoved Yeri’s face down the floor to make her bow and hoping that nobody catches that scene you usually saw in dramas.

The whole ride on their way back was silent as hell.

“I’ll go get some air.” Yeri said as soon as they got out of the car, then left without even waiting for her unnie’s reply.

They all are worried and wanted to stop her but they also knew that Yeri needed this.

“I’ll go and make sure she’s okay.” Seulgi said and followed Yeri.

 

 

Yeri found herself at the park she usually goes to whenever she wanted to take a breath, or whenever they wanted to spend time with each other even after a long and busy day working.

Yeri breathe deeply and closed her eyes. She lost track of time how long she’s been staying like that, she doesn’t really care until someone pulled her back from her senses.

“Kim Yerim…”

“Kim Yerim…” Yeri’s hearts starts beating as if it wants to tear out from her chest, she’d recognize that voice anywhere.

‘Don’t do it, don’t ing do it Yeri!’ she scold herself

“I had a feeling that I might see you here after tonight’s event.” Saeron smiled “I’m glad I did.”

“I’m not.” Yeri said coldly

“No, you wouldn’t” Saeron smiled ruefully “But I’m still happy, I got to see you.”

Yeri turns to left but stop before she could take a step.

“I’m sorry... I’m sorry for what I did.”

Yeri turn to looked at her “You’re sorry?” then scoff “You’re sorry for what exactly, I just thought of lot of things and I’m not so sure what you’re sorry for was. Was it for all those unanswered calls? Ignored messages? Not opening your door while I waited outside? Or for ending everything after telling me those hundred I love you’s?”

“For everything…” Saereon answered “I’m sorry for hurting, for leaving, for everything, I’m really sorry.”

“I don’t need your sorry.” Yeri’s voice filled with coldness “Do you think after two years, that’s what I wanted to hear because it doesn’t. I don’t need it.” Then her gaze turns soft “What I wanted to hear is why? Do you have any idea how that why kept me up at night thinking because you just ended everything without telling me a damn thing!”

“I’m sorry…” Saeron said crying

“And I told you I don’t need it!”

“You made me believe that you were my home but right after I did, you walked away.” She paused as tears streamed down her face “You were my home and then you left, how am I supposed to live with that?”

 

 

 

“The view is still great…” Seulgi said as she sits beside Yeri

Yeri didn’t say anything.

“I once told you that I used to come here when I wanted to clear my mind…”

“I’ve met her earlier.”

“I know…” Seulgi told her “I didn’t mean to follow you but everyone’s worried about you, but I kept my distance.”

“She told me she got scared that’s why she broke up with me.” Yeri said “That it scares the hell out of her being with me.”

“Did you ask her why?”

Yeri looked at her in disbelief “Did you really expect me to stay and listen to her lies?”

“Do you know when the last time I come here was? It was when you found me here, do you remember?”

“Clearly.” Yeri answered “You and Joy unnie fought so hard I thought you’re going to break up.”

“I did too.” Seulgi said “But you know how we managed to go through that, how we fixed us. We sat and no matter how hard it is for the both us to see each other at that time we talked and no matter how hard it is to accept what we were both saying, we stayed and we both listen. We both listen and now here we are, going strong.”

“Our situation isn’t the same.”

“No, it’s not… but in a sense it is.” Seulgi said “I still get mad every time I remember you during those times you know. It still breaks my heart.”

 

Yeri looked down, she remember everything. How everything doesn’t make sense anymore.

 

“You can all go for all I care.”

“Leave me alone!”

“Stop acting like you care about me.”

“I don’t need you or anyone.”

 

 

If it isn’t for their non-stop support and care and love for her, she would’ve given up everything. She’s ready to but they didn’t left her side no matter how much she pushes them away.

 

“It may not be the same situation but maybe that’s what you need. To know her reason, maybe that’s what you needed to actually move on. That maybe, those reasons that you never get the chance to know is what’s keeping stuck and not move on.”

 

Yeri didn’t say anything.

“Listen to her not for anyone but for you.”

 

 

 

“Let’s meet at XXX Café at 5PM.” Yeri sent a text to Saeron, she didn’t know if she’d read it or not, or if she’s even using the same number two years ago.

 

If Saeron came then maybe she needs to know her reason and if she didn’t, maybe that’s the world telling her that whatever her reason is, it doesn’t matter anymore, that’s what Yeri told herself after she sent those messages.

 

Yeri flinch when she saw a familiar figure entered the café and then looked at her watch, 3:15 PM. She checked her phone and looked at the message she sent her, she clearly said 5PM. She’s two hours early but Yeri was 2 hours earlier.

She’s parked at the store in front of the café she’s already there even before she sent that message. The wall of the café was glass so she could see through, Saeron sat at the same corner they used to occupy and Yeri doesn’t really know what to feel about it.

 

It’s almost 5 and Yeri could see Saeron staring at the door, she could see the disappointment on her face each time someone walk-in that’s not her.

 

Truth is, Yeri hope’s that Saeron had change her number and that she won’t be able to read the message because part of her isn’t ready to hear what Saeron’s reason for leaving her.

 

“I got scared… being with you scared the hell out of me.”

 

“What do you mean by that?” Yeri uttered looking at Saeron whose gaze is still fix on the door.

 

 

An hour had passed since 5 and yet Saeron hasn’t move from her seat.

 

“Just leave already.” Yeri uttered “Just go.”

 

Hours had passed and Saeron was still on her seat. Then, Yeri saw a waiter went up to Saeron as Saeron move from her seat and went out.

 

Is she finally leaving? She should. Yeri thought, she’s been waiting for four hours now only a stupid would wait that long.

 

“What the hell are you doing?” Yeri said frowning when instead of leaving Saeron sit and waited on the bench in front of the café.

 

“Are you crazy!?” Yeri asked in disbelief looking at Saeron standing outside at the cold night, she could see her shaking from the cold “Aiish! She’s really crazy!”

 

Yeri hit her head in the steering wheel out of frustration. She stepped outside of her car walking towards Saeron’s who’s busy looking at her phone.

 

 

“Why are you still here?” Yeri asked gritting her teeth

 

Saeron’s face lit up as smile curved on her lips

“Are you crazy?! Why are you still here?”

“You said you wanted to mee—“

“I know what I said okay.” Yeri cutting her off “But it’s a damn common sense that if someone’s already late an hour means they’re not coming so why in the—“

“I knew you’d come so I waited.” Saeron said smiling at her “And now you’re here.”

Yeri could not say anything back after that.

 

 

SAERON’S POV

 

I don’t know how long it has been since we left the café and me following Yeri behind as she walks non-stop. She hasn’t said a single word or even glance at me yet my heart feel contented and happy. Honestly, I don’t really mind if we walk for a few hours more or until I can’t walk anymore. I have given up the possibility of us being in the same place or her talking to me after what I did but here we are, here I am behind her who couldn’t help but smile like a creep just watching her back.

 

I just wish I could watch her back and feel her warm presence longer but I guess wishing for that is just too much to ask.

 

She halted.

I guess this is it.

 

She turns to face me. I wish time would stop right now. For I knew, that it will be the last time.

 

End of POV

 

 

“Yer—“

“Why did you break up with me?” Yeri asked not breaking the eye contact “Why? Just tell me why.”

“I got scared.”

“Scared of what?”

“Of what could happen if people find out our relationship.” Saeron answered “We live in a place where our relationship is not acceptable and we—“

“That’s your reason?” Yeri asked clearly hurt by Saeron’s answer “That’s your ing reason!”

“That’s not just a reason, Yeri.” Saeron answered with the same tone of voice from earlier “We’re talking about our future here, your future.”

“Bull! That’s bull!” Yeri cursed “Don’t you give me crap about my future!”

“Yeri, please listen to me.” Saeron pleads “I d—“

“Don’t talk about my future.” Yeri cut her off, her voice holding an edge “Don’t talk about my future like you know it better than me, because if you do, you wouldn’t have left. You’d stay because the only future that I want is you with me and you took that away from me.”

 

Saeron’s tears falls unconsciously.

As Yeri’s tears did too “You took that future away from me.”

 

 

Saeron wipes her own tears “I watched you singing on that stage and you look so happy. I am not going to let myself be the reason for you to lose that smile. You have so much to los—“

“I would’ve lost everything for you.” Yeri cut her off for the second time “You know I would. You know damn well that I would.”

“I know and that’s what scares me the most.” Saeron said, “You giving up everything up for me.”

“Saeron I love you.” Yeri cried “And if I have to give up everything for you, I would, I love you that much.”

“I know...” Saeron said nodding, crying “I know and I wasn’t sure if you giving up everything for me are worth it.”

“You are dammit!” Yeri screamed in tears “You meant the world to me.” She said as she lose the strength on her knees and fell on the bench beside them “You meant the world to me.” As she looked down, crying…

 

Saeron get down on Yeri’s level as she hug her “If there’s one thing I’m going to regret for leaving you is that I hurt you so much in the process.”

 

Yeri looked up at her “You don’t regret leaving me?” she asked, clearly hurt.

“It wasn’t easy leaving you. It broke my heart in million pieces and whether you believe it or not, you are my heart. But despite all of that, I did not regret leaving you.” Saeron answered “I left you for one reason and that is to see you happy where you are supposed to be and you are now, I could see it in your eyes” She said wiping Yeri’s tears and smile “So there’s no regret.”

“But I’m not happy, you are my world, how can I be happy without you?”

“I was your world and you were mine. Earlier, you said meant, twice.” Saeron said “Do you know what that means? It means you already moved on, you just don’t know it. That the only reason why you think you haven’t moved on is because you don’t know why I left. That my reason for leaving you is what’s keeping you from realizing that you actually move on already.” Saeron said smiling at her

“You’re wrong.”

“I wish I am.” Saeron said “Honestly, when I read your text, part of me hopes that maybe you’ll take me back again and I waited for you with that hope in mind but seeing you now, I accepted the fact that we can’t.”

“Why not? Don’t you love me anymore?”

“Do you still love me?” Saeron asked back

“I still lo...” Yeri stops, as she stares at Saeron, the words won’t come out.

“See…” Saeron said “You weren’t hung up to me not because you still love me but by the fact that you don’t know why I left even if you had loved me with all of your heart.”

 

 

After 1 year…

 

“What are you smiling at?” Wendy asked when she saw Yeri smiling

“Saeron’s new drama.” Yeri answered looking at the monitor. “The role suits her well.”

“It does, she look great.” Wendy said looking at the monitor too. Then back to Yeri.

“What?” Yeri asked when she felt Wendy’s stare at her “Do I have something on my face?”

“No.” Wendy chuckles, shaking her head softly “It just makes me happy to see you not tearing up seeing her.”

“Yeah, me too.” Yeri smiles

“I thought you were going to get back together and get your happy ending.”

“We did get our happy ending. Happy ending doesn’t necessarily mean that we have to be together for us to have that.” Yeri said then smile “Sometimes, the happy ending of two people who once loved each other dearly is them not ending up together.”

“That ending totally .” Wendy told her

“Is it? Because as far as I remember, the only reason why you ended up with Irene unnie now is because you got the happy ending of not-ending-up-with-each-other with your ex, I don’t think that , unless…” Yeri teased

“Yah, yah, yah!” Wendy widens her eyes at Yeri’s logic, then smile “I guess, you’re right.”

Yeri smiles “Of course, I am.”

“But is the door really close, for the two of you?”

“Only fate knows.”

 

“Saeron…” Yeri called as she reached for her hand “T-Thank you.”

Saeron gave her a smile “Someday, if fate allows us again and our hearts would still recognize us as each other’s home, let’s not let go of each other again.” She said smile never leaving her lips “But for now, let’s be happy.”

 

“And I am happy now.” Yeri said smiling looking at Saeron on the monitor “I really am.”

 

 

The End.