EPILOGUE: THE CONFESSION OF A WAVERING HEART

Wavering Hearts

 

It’s almost time for the concert. It would be the last concert where Big Bang is complete for now. Seunghyun has already received a notice to enter the army. Jiyong and Youngbae has taken the exam as well to determine their participation in the army.
 
Because of this, YG decided to stream the concert live for all the international fans to see as well. He took out a huge amount of money but it doesn’t matter. He wanted the fans to have the best memories for Big Bang as a group who didn’t break up. Someday, members will be reunited as Big Bang and will face the fans again.
 
For this is one special concert, not only for the fans but also for the members.
 
After this, Seunghyun would take a break before entering the army. The other four members would still continue being idols and doing more solo activities. Daesung has variety shows and dramas. Seungri has been casted for a few musical shows and another album coming its way. Youngbae has been working with different international artists for another album. Jiyong is busy with composing and writing songs for the YG family.
 
The once-busy and noisy backstage has been silent. All of them are sad about this last concert since they have all been part of the concert year after year.
 
“Why are we all silent?” Seungri broke the silence and let out an awkward laugh. “It’s not like this would be the ending, right?”
 
Daesung smiled and put his hand forward.
 
“Right. We’ll just be all parting ways for a while until each and every one of us has served the country.” Daesung added.
 
“The maknaes are right. This is not the end. This is a new beginning.” Youngbae said and placed his hands on top of Daesung’s hand.
 
“Big Bang would come back as five and will always be five.” Jiyong agreed and placed his hands on top of Youngbae’s hand.
 
“Then we will all be five ahjussis performing our hit songs Lies, Haru Haru on stage… and people will think… Aren’t they too old now to do those dances?” Seunghyun kidded and placed his hands on top of Jiyong’s.
 
“But I think… it would only be hyung who would be considered as an ahjussi. You know I do have some baby face…” Seungri teased the oldest guy and placed his hand on top of Seunghyun’s.
 
The other people in the room which are the backup dancers, the makeup artist, the production staff and other people in the room placed their hands as well on top of the boys’ hands.
 
“Big Bang fighting!” The boys cheered.
 
“Big Bang fighting!” The staff repeated and then they heard the floor director yelling that it’s about to start now.
 
The five of them runs towards the stage with fire burning in their hearts. To give their fans something to remember as one group that would forever inspire them.
 
They perform all their hit songs since their debut. One by one, they all start their solo stages and performing the hit songs they had as a solo artist. Seungri started it first. Next stage would be Daesung and then Youngbae. It should have been Jiyong who would be next but he asked Seunghyun to go first. Seunghyun who knew the plan agreed immediately and performed the next stage.
 
“Good luck, Jiyong.” Seunghyun whispered as soon as he get off the stage and gave a pat to Jiyong’s shoulder.
 
“Fighting, hyung!” Daesung and Seungri yelled.
 
“We’ll be here all the way…” Youngbae said and smiled at Jiyong.
 
“Thanks…” Jiyong said and entered the stage wearing a simple three piece suit unlike his other performances.
 
He faced the thousands of audiences and gulped. Then he cleared his throat before speaking.
 
“Hello… VIPs!” Jiyong yelled which earned a lot of cheering from the fans.
 
“Are you enjoying the show?” Jiyong asked.
 
“YEEEESSSS!” Audience answered enthusiastically.
 
“That’s nice to hear…” Jiyong responded and then paused for a while. “You all know that this concert is special for every one of us... Do you know that?”
 
“YEEEEEES!” Audience answered again.
 
“And because of that, I have something to tell you all.” Jiyong said in a soft voice as his eyes wandered the vast area of the audience seats.
 
“I remember the day I promised all of you to tell if I have found myself a woman… Do you all remember that?” Jiyong asked.
 
The fans all nodded.
 
“I have been keeping something from all of you. Although I didn’t deliberately hide it from all of you, I know many of you already noticed it. You have seen me changed from a depressed man to a giddy all smiley man. And you have all concluded that I might have a woman by my side. You all tried to pair me with your favorite female idols… I do surf the net so it’s not impossible for me not to know that…” Jiyong started and making the fans as silent as a mouse.
 
“Yes, all of you are right. I do have a woman by my side ever since then. She’s someone who has been with me even before we had debut. She’s the woman who would always silently cheer me on whenever I needed it the most. Without any words, she would just give me a hug or a tight squeeze in my hand whenever I feel like losing myself to pressure. She was like my huge wall of support throughout the hard times. She held my hands as tight as possible and not letting go during the plagiarism issues. Most of the people who tell me to be careful and stuff but she just stayed silent. She’s just there beside me and never leaving me alone. She was always there that I have forgotten her sometimes and did the most hateful thing in the world. I betrayed her trust and wavered along the gray areas of the relationship…”
 
“Yes, I flirted with other girls while having her by my side at the end of the day. Cruel, right? But she stayed with me. She would always forgive me and that made me feel a bit spoiled. I tested her patience over and over again. Testing how strong her love for me is. I always thought she was strong that I forgot how weak she can be… And she left me…”
 
“I was devastated when she decided to leave me. Her friends won’t let me see her. My friends were mad at me. My seniors were all disappointed at me… I was all alone and right there and then, I realize how wide and lonely this world without her by my side…”
 
“I ask for her forgiveness. I courted her again. I might have been born in a lucky star since she accepted me back with all the faults that I made. She’s someone special to me in my life. I needed her to be with me and that is why, I all want you to meet this woman who serves as the muse to all my songs.”
 
“My heaven, my butterfly, my jagiya…” Jiyong said as he walked down the stage and looked for the special girl in the VIP seats. He held his hand and offered it to her then led her to the stage. “VIPs, I want you to meet my forever VIP in my life, Sandara…”
 
Cheers erupted in the fans areas. Many were surprised while some has already expected this. They were all causing a commotion when suddenly the familiar tune played in the music.
 
“It’s all about you, my butterfly…” Jiyong sang as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders.
 
Fans cannot help but smile and support the relationship. Who wouldn’t do? When right in front of your very eyes, you can see the very special smile of your idol towards her. How she managed to make him shy and act like a child all over.
 
“La… la… la…” Jiyong hummed.
 
“Thank you everyone!” Jiyong yelled as soon as the song finished and he led her towards the backstage.
 
Everyone congratulated him for a job well done. The concert has finished successfully and they all expected to have a busy day tomorrow. Since all of them knew that media would flock them like flies asking about the couple and for statements.
 
-oOo-
 
“Are you happy now?” Jiyong whispered to the girl beside him who was staring at the city lights.
 
Dara nodded.
 
“That’s good to hear…” Jiyong said and then gently turned the girl to face him. He took out a small, black and velvety box out of his pocket and then knelt in front of the girl. “Sandara, will you marry me?”
 
Dara nodded while her tears fall from her eyes.
 
“Yes… yes…” Dara answered in response.
 
And as for the ending, you all know how it would be, right? They lived happily ever after.