So long, my friend

Captor And His Saviour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Yep... it's been too long since I updated- but fret no more! I am trying to be more active, finally got rid of my writer's block (hopefully). There isn't much happening here aside from a little angst (next chp is more angsty)- but more exciting stuff is on the way! Enjoyyy!

 

 

 

It has already been almost four days since he decided to stay in the Valley. Not like Seon was allowing him to leave any soon. He checked the GPS card again, the destined place was few hours ahead by flight- of his wings, but he can’t. By walk, it would take a day at most. Observing the available transport facilities, Jaebum was sure he could make do with something, hopefully. He decided to stay the night and leave first thing in the morning. It’s better to be on the way in the daylight than the risk in the dark.

He has already brought them in danger with his presence, he doesn’t wish to linger for more. Jaebum just wished, hoped nothing happen to these kind creatures.

The people- or creatures here were very welcoming. It was pretty easy to get along with them. They were one big family and it warmed his heart, but it tugged painfully too. He missed them.

 

 

By the time they were done with the daily work, it was evening and everyone settled in the middle of the valley. It was a tradition- maybe, they all spent quality time with each other. They didn’t have access to the outer world or advanced technology but they didn’t seem bored with life, if not happier than anyone in the Mainland.

“Seon noona” he settled on calling her noona despite her age being more of a grandma “I will be leaving tomorrow morning” he informed her gently. His eyes resigned and showed sternness. Seon sighed at the stubborn man.

“Aish, why do you gotta be so annoying,” she said, playfully, she understood his wariness and agreed to let him go. “Fine, we will have a feast tonight then”

“No no, please. I am more of a simple guy” Jaebum smiled at her “I am content with talking to you and all the lovely creatures here. This is much better than a feast for me, trust me”

“Fine, have it your way” she pouted and stormed away to the group of children playing a little ahead of them. Jaebum shook his head but didn’t dare laugh at her childishness. She was an older woman, but nothing in her behavior showed it.

“Don’t worry about her, she loves when other species visit this place. We live alone, away from the world” Yunho told him, the creature was just as old but more experienced and calm.

“It’s fine” Jaebum reassured, he was not the kind to complain when they gave him a place to stay, protected him. He will repay them, as soon as he finds a way to do something other than running. “Well then, I will go take a bath” The creature nodded at him.

He participated in their labor work, never the one to sit idle if any construction work was going on. Of course, it wasn’t a walk in the park without advanced tools but he found it interesting enough to learn their ways. He was a sweating mess, well less now as the breezes went past him, cool and relaxing.

“Have you packed everything?”

“Yeah. Seon noona tried to give me unnecessary extra things” Jaebum grumbled. He was okay with having to carry only one bag but the lady insisted.

“She isn’t in the wrong, you definitely need it” Yunho laughed playfully “Our magic will help you, don’t worry. You can even perform some of your own under our concealing charm. You might need to seeing as you do not know how to survive in the woods.”

“W-well” He wanted to protest, but there was no disapproving tone in his voice, just truth spoken fondly “Fine, but that place is a-”

“It’s a village. Asfáleia. There is barely any technology there too. Just let her help you, yeah?”

“Okay” Jaebum smiled, accepting their much-needed help. He nodded at Yunho before making his way to the bathroom, smiling warmly when the tub started filling itself and a lavender scent surrounded the room. He made a quick work of his clothes, which wasn’t hard as they were loose on his frame, made from leaves and raw silk. He has to say, quite comfortable than city clothes. But they wouldn’t do good in a fight- very easy to undress as he confirmed.

He settled inside the warm water, instantly feeling the healing herbs doing their work as he relaxed further into the tub. He didn’t even wanna start thinking about tomorrow, or anything really- what is the point of surviving? They are not coming back- there is no one for him waiting anymore-

He took a deep breath, he can’t- he won’t let their deaths be in vain- he exhales. Before any more suicidal thoughts start swimming in his head, a knock startled him out of it.

“Yeah?”

“May I come in?” Seon asked, her voice quiet, he didn’t know why she couldn’t wait till he got out of the damn bathroom, but from what he observed- there isn’t anything called personal space here. He sighed, sliding down to make sure his body except his face was submerged.

“Okay.”

“Thank you. I know you don’t feel comfortable in your ” Jaebum blushed at her statement, oh he feels plenty comfortable without an audience “but this couldn’t wait. This is your supposed bag right?” She showed it, the one Taehyung gave him, he nodded. “You made it clear you didn’t want extra things so I will respect your wishes but you will have to agree with me too”

“Of course” Jaebum smiled, a bit strained but he did.

“There is a small pocket inside your already small bag” she tutted, obviously not happy with his traveling choices “I charmed it for food and some needful supplies.”

“Uh… when you say… needful supplies, you mean-”

“You need to protect yourself, with guns or something. Though we are not aware of the technology or how it works, you are well aware, if you visualize what you require, it will not disappoint you.”

“You know it’s-” Jaebum stopped, but seeing her determined face, he just accepted “If that was your not-extra things I don’t wanna know what is extra” he joked lightly. It did put a smile on her face but it was clear something was stressing her out.

 “well- u-ugh” She groaned in pain “Our wood vehicles won’t help so take this” she threw something at him, he wasn’t able to catch it as it fell inside the water.

“A-are you okay?” He asked, concerned. He took the item- it was a whistle. “What is this?”

“Y-eah- good, I am good” she gulped and Jaebum wasn’t buying it. “It calls for an Alicorn.” She grinned at the way his jaws dropped, those were supposed to be myths! Of course, being in a world of creatures isn’t anything less than it, but still, there were few creatures that no one ever saw.

“W-wow- they exist!? Do Chimera- or- or Pheonix exists too??”

“Enough fanboying” her wobbly voice bought him back to the situation “Her name is Nora, she is last of her kind. She doesn’t let anyone ride her, very few in this century has gotten the chance.”

“Woah, wait, there is no way she will let me-”

“You’re an angel, Jaebum. She might be waiting centuries just for you?”

“I-”

“Though do be careful, she is a mischief wrapped with infinite power” Jaebum swallowed, a little scared but he shook his head. “I would like to spell your bracelet for concealing, can I?” He wordlessly agreed, that he definitely needed. She muttered some words and he could feel a tingling sensation around his wrist.

“Ah- where did my bag disappeared to?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter