Sudden Change

Captor And His Saviour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Uffff first chpter!!!

 

Im Jaebum was someone you would call an unbothered and uncaring person, someone who wouldn’t even bat an eye if they saw a building burning (just an example, he is still a human or well, pretend human).

His mother, who was a princess, married a common man on the cost of losing her place. King Lee tried his best to convince her, but she stayed adamant, as a result, King had to follow the rules with regret. But his parents somehow managed to come back to the Mainland and sent him to the Royal academy where he met King Lee and current King, who welcomed him with open arms.

His abilities and capability shocked everyone, the intelligence, and grace he acquired from his mother and the sheer strength and techniques he mastered from his father, with his own skills, he became an indestructible rival. His attitude didn’t help either.

But he never meant it, he just wanted to do what he wants- why would he waste his time on fake friendships and time pass? And why would people care about him?

Turned out, for some unknown reason, they did care for all these things.

There were other stupid things too he has no interest in but life enjoys making him suffer, so apparently, he even had a rare bloodline. And also, a rare creature type which can even lead to his assassination. He honestly wanted to be done with all the bulls.

 

 

 

 

He was eight when he healed a cat’s wound who was near her death, her legs were broken and she was bleeding, Jaebum never really cried much even as a child but that day his tears didn’t stop and the urge to save her was so strong, his tears healed her. He freaked out and didn’t tell anyone, experimenting on his own when he realized he wouldn’t need to cry every time he wanted to heal someone.

It was well hidden until one day, his father stumbled inside the house, heavily injured and unconscious. At that time, they were still outcasted from the community and barely had enough money. His mother was a good medic but even her skills were limited without proper equipment. Jaebum knew he couldn’t let him or his mother suffer, he ran towards his father and held his hands, eyes closed in concentration, he muttered something without realizing. It took ten minutes of healing for his father to open his eyes.

His parents weren’t repelled by him, he thought in happiness. They hugged him tightly and kissed him but he saw a look of concern in their eyes as they looked at each other.

 

 

 

“Jaebummie? Your Appa and I need to talk with you” he was trying to create a small robot at that time.

“Yes, Ma?”

“Come sit here… it's important” he sat in front of them, there was the same concern- like that day.

“…you are not going to leave me… right?”

“Oh my god! No baby! How could you even think like that? Jae, please, never ever say something like that” she pulled him close, her hands tighten a little around him. “Having unusual abilities is not that uncommon, Jaebummie. We are not in the Mainland that is why you are unfamiliar but your Appa and I have it too. Though he can only use a little of his wolf ability as his ratio is less-”

“….what? ratio?”

“Honey, don’t you think it’s too early to explain these complex stuff to him?”

“Of course no! I hope you realize how necessary it is!” his father rolled his eyes but he smiled at him. “And he is exceptionally intelligent, love”

“Yeah, he is” he ruffled his hair.

“So, it goes like this- having powers is okay, Jae-ah. Many people have it. Our world has many creatures, varying in hundreds of types as a part of our own body. We don’t know how it happened and why but we learned to adapt. Now, for example, I am part human, part dryad. That means I have a ratio of 50-50 for my human and creature side, meaning I can use the powers of a dryad much flexibly but with a limit. As for your father, he has a wolf side, but the ratio is 60-40 human-creature which gives him very little power to use with ease.”

“Woah” His mother grinned.

“Are you grasping all of the information or should I…?”

“No no. I am good, please continue.” She gave his father an I-told-you-so look before she continued.

“95% of the cases have a 50-50 ratio varying to 70-30 ration (human-creature) depending on their bloodline. The dominance of the creature and the human side in blood decides which form the body is to take. Simply, putting, the ratios. If the human side is dominant, the form would be of course human, if both sides are equal that is 50-50, then also human but with more power as I said.”

“What if the creature side is dominant?”

“That is the rarest happening, coming into the remaining 5%. They are mostly born with a look of human, only with time they realize they can change form. As in, if a person has a wolf as the dominant side, then he shifts into wolf and human as he wishes and exploits the power without limit. The creature types are infinite, Jae. But there are two creatures that are rarest of the rare. Having them even as 50-50 or recessive side is also a miraculous thing.”

“What? What?” Jaebum's eyes sparkled as he leaned in with curiosity, the knowledge was pretty bizarre and conflicts with his logical mind but after experiencing it himself, he knew this is isn’t just a tale. She chuckled.

“The most envied forms, devil and angel. I do not have enough knowledge regarding devils, as they are dangerous and feared- we like to stay away from trouble but for angels, they mostly come from Cheonsa clan” she paused, looking at him, her eyes glittering with mischief. A realization dawned on him.

“But we are from that clan!”

“Correct!”

“Aren’t Royals also from that clan, Ma?”

“Eh… that’s a conversation for another time. For now, we will focus on these bits first, yeah?”

“Okay…” he sighed dramatically “So what am I…?”

“Tell me honestly, besides the healing power, have you experienced anything else?” He stared into the wall for a few moments, contemplating the answer before he sighed.

“Yes… after I used the healing power for the first time, I accidentally bloomed our wilted plant. At times, when anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter