But I'm Not Complaining

Strange Happenings

 

alternative title:

But We Couldn’t Have Asked For A Better Story


 

The talent show was an overall success and though I still think that the duo should’ve won, we had actually won first place so we couldn’t have been happier and we decided to throw a little celebration at J-Line’s shared apartment. After hours and hours of making food, playing games, eating snacks, just talking and even more food – we had all calmed down to watch a few movies in the living room.

 

Gathering as many blankets and pillows as possible we had made the comfiest nest in the living room as we all cuddled up in pairs. Is it just me or are Eunbi and Hyewon are a lot closer than they were before… hmmm interesting.

 

Much later into the night, we had all gotten pretty tired out so Sakura and Chaeyeon had been the first to head off to the former’s room to have their rest. With Hitomi and Nako following not long after into their own rooms respectfully. 

 

Around halfway into the next movie I look around the room to check up on the others, and I noticed that the two babies had passed out from exhaustion. Wonyoung had curled up on the other couch while Yujin had sat on the floor in front of her and leaned against it, with the their hands linked together, resting on the small space of the cushion between them. 

 

And on the other side of the room, Minju could be seen cuddled up to Chaewon on the loveseat, softly snoring away into the crook of the older girl’s neck, while the latter had curled her arms around the girl and laid her cheek on the crown of the younger girl’s head – asleep as well.  

 

Then with Hyewon and Eunbi on the end of the other couch leaning against one another underneath a large blanket, it seemed like Yuri and I were the only ones left awake. So, quietly I whisper her name to get her attention and she tilts her head towards me with her eyes still on the tv screen, letting out a hum to let me know that she was listening to me.  

 

“You don’t feel sleepy yet?”

 

“…a little bit.” nodding to acknowledge her answer, I then ask her another question. 

 

“C-can I ask you something then?”

 

“You already did.” she giggles as she answers me. And so I roll my eyes, 

 

“You know what I meant.”

 

Giggles dying out, she allows me to continue, “Heheh yea, go on.”

 

I feel some nerves bubble up in my stomach as I look towards her, “So you know earlier? During the talent show? R-right before your stage…?”

 

“You mean our k-kiss?” she says as a blush creeps across her face, I feel one come up to my ears as well. 

 

“YEA!! Uhh– ahem I mean, y-yea.” 

 

“Ah..what about it..?”

 

“Well, that was our f-first one right? O-ur first kiss? Not that there was anything wrong with it!! It just surprised me is all, in a good way that is!”,  without noticing I start to ramble,

 

“It’s just I’d thought that our first kiss would be more special. Not that it wasn’t special either! Because no matter what, it will always be special because I’m kissing you, but you know what I mean??”

 

She looks back at me, and her lack of response, triggers me to ramble on even more,

 

“I like kinda planned that I’d take you out, and then we’d go to an amusement park or something fun, then we have dinner, after that we go on a walk with nowhere in mind and somehow we just end up at your house and then we say our goodbyes on your doorstep but before that you kiss me and then you run back inside while I skip the entire way back home.” 

 

Chuckling a little nervously under her intense gaze, I couldn’t stop, “Saying all this out loud I realise that this is what all clichés are made of, but I kinda want that for us. I want to experience everything with you, even all that gross cringey stuff that I somehow don’t mind if I’m doing it all with you.”

 

She beams a smile and after what felt like the longest time she finally speaks, cutting me off from my nonsense rambling,

 

“Who says we still can’t do all of that?”

 

Huh?

 

“We can still do all of that, silly. It just won’t be the first one, they’ll all become one of the many we’ll continue to have.”

 

“Oh shoot, you’re right! I guess I was just over thinking it all, huh?” we both giggle as I realise how my thoughts were slightly foolish. 

 

With the movie on the tv – which we had completely forgotten about – still running on in the background, it softly illuminated Yuri’s face in the dark room with a light glow, yet she was still so beautiful.

 

“Hey… can I kiss you right now?” I ask her suddenly, surprising her.

 

Her blush still noticeable in the dim light “Y-ou don’t need to ask me you know..”

 

“Then don’t mind if I do.” mischievously I smile as I lean in closer to her face.

 

I move my arm to cup her jaw with my left hand while the other s around her waist. I press my lips against hers gently until she starts to reciprocate and we were able to create our own rhythm. She slides her arms up to my neck and our kiss deepens slightly. We continue on for who knows how long until she pulls away from me a bit to let out a very large yawn.

 

“Tired now? Or am I just that bad a kisser?” I start to chuckle as she whines to me adorably.

 

And so I open my arms for the girl to fall back further into my embrace, and once she had I start to rub up and down her arm to gently lull her to a slumber, myself falling asleep just moments later.

 

Love. Such a strange thing isn’t it?

 


 

[A/N]: 

Aaaaand that's a wrap

Thanks for reading!!

 

-J