When You Have a Friend...

The Life of A Teenage Hooker

 

     “Soooo…” CK drawls out, “Now that I told you my story, it’s your turrnnn~” he sang in a high pitched voice, like a chipmunk. Jongup giggled, but then got serious.

     “Mine is not as complicated,” he whispered. “It’s kind of… simple, for a lack of a better word. My mother, father and I were a big happy family. We were never rich, but we were happy. But one day, my mom was sick. I was worried, but I thought maybe it was just a minor flu. Then, one day- I still remember February 6th, it was a school day- so I was at school,” and his lips started to tremble, “The loud speaker and the office called for me, when I got there they told me my mother was in the hospital. My father was there and he picked me up, and we took a taxi to the hospital,” his voice cracked, “When we got there, she was on the bed; she was so pale and thin. It was… scary. I couldn’t breathe. My father broke down immediately, but I was so shocked, I couldn’t cry. She was always a strong woman; she worked the hardest in the house she cleaned, cooked and also went to work, and had the higher paying salary. She was the leader. But…” he paused,

     “She looked so weak. I stared at her for hours… then she moved and grabbed my hands with her pale cold ones, and said ‘Happy Birthday’,” Jongup paused again, and smiled. But his lips twitched into a frown again,

      “And then on the machine- it flat lined. And her hands dropped. My dad fainted, and he had to be put on a hospital bed. I was confused and lost for a few days, weeks maybe, but after I just accepted it. But when my dad was released he was never the same, he drank all the time and he ever went to work. He was unresponsive when I called him, it was like he was dead too. He got fired, and never bothered to find another job, so I had to find one. I was fourteen at the time, I worked every day, every minute of my free time- but it was never enough. The old house got evicted, and I moved us to a cheap apartment. But when I started to attend high school, things became hectic- I had less free time. So I had to find a different job that paid more and had fewer hours… and I ended up here.”

      He shrugged, that’s all there was to it, comparatively- his wasn’t too tragic or dramatic- and unlike CK’s he really had no plan to get out of his predicament. The story still wrenched at his heart though, it took him all of his willpower to stop himself from crying or whimpering. And they said nothing; basking in the silence and the moonlight- no words were needed for kindred souls. In this silence they mourned, mourned for each others’ loss.

~lykgreent is awesome w00p!~  

     “Ahh, poooooo~, the business is so slow today,” CK drawled out whiningly. Jongup smiled at his cute antics but nodded, no one was there other than them two and a couple of other hookers, but no clients. “Heyheyheyhey,” CK spit out excitedly, “let’s go do something then, since there’s nothing to do here anyway.” Jongup thought about it, he decided he wanted to go but he should tell his noona and ahjumma first, he voiced this out to CK. “OKIE DOKIE, I’ll go with you.” Jongup thought about it, well it wouldn’t exactly hurt for them to meet, he decided. “Sure,” and Jongup walked back into the motel, CK followed him like a lost puppy.

     “JONGEOBIEE~~, am I glad to see you,” Hyosung whined, and he was reminded of CK, just a little. ‘Are they related?’ Jongup thought to himself bemusedly. “It’s SOOOOOOOO boring, asufhjffjs” Hyosung spluttered, and then she saw CK. “AWW, who’s this little cutie? Your friend?” Hyosung said, grinning wildly. “Your booooooyfriend?” Hyosung wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, and broke down into giggles. Jongup groaned and looked back at CK, who was grinning at him. “Yeah, JONGUPPPPPPPP,” CK purred his name, then he realized, CRAP#$%^^%^$, CK found out his name.     

 


     After a few minutes of him staring out in midair, with soul half escaping from his mouth, he sighed, ah well, he wanted to keep his work and personal life secret- but he guess Ck was now part of his personal life, he did, after all, explain his situation to CK. He sighed again, oh well. He really wanted to keep it a secret though. He looked back at CK, who was still grinning, “It’s okay, I’ll tell you my name- just to be fair. Cuhzzzz, I’m a fair person,” his grin was bigger than ever, “MY name is Kim Him Chan, your name is Something Jongup- we’ll be the bestest friends in the whoooooole wide world,” he said with a childish tone, Jongup laughed and he decided that he was fine with this Kim Him Chan knowing his name. His noona decided to take this moment to chirp out, “Moon Jongup, 16 years old, 176 cm, I dunno his weight but he looks pretty skinny, singleeeee~ and” she took a deep breath before she added with a wink, “READY TO MINGLE~” Jongup groaned. “OHHH, I like her~” Himchan said as he laughed along with Hyosung at his suffering.

     BAMJFYSFAYSFYASF, the door slammed open, “THE IS GOING ON IN HERE?” and there was a lady in her PJs with green gunk on her face and her hair pulled back. Jongup thought her skin was rotting and let out a scream, which caused Himchan to scream and then Hyosung to scream. Hyosung was the first to realize it was Koyeon who was standing there, “Ah, annyeong~” Koyeon’s eyebrows started to twitch. “THAT’S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY? SHUT THE UP KIDS, PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO ING SLEEP AND YOU GUYS ARE BEING ING LOUD. Holymotherofgod, ing kids these days… loud and obnoxious asdafafa…” she continued rambling on as she made way back to her room. Himchan stared at the spot that she stood, stooped and unsure how to react. Hyosung said sheepishly to explain, “That’s just her way of saying goodnight… aheh,” she scratched the back of her head. “Anyway, Jongup what did you want?” “Oh right, Himchan-,” the boy’s arm draped on his shoulders, “And I want to go out and do something,” Hyosung frowned, “Oh I don’t know… It’s pretty late guys, almost midnight-” Jongup gave her his ‘kicked puppy’ look, and Hyosung groaned, “Uggggh, that is so unfair, you know I can’t resist them eyes,” Jongup added a few more tears, “FINE, fine. Just don’t do anything dangerous okay?” Jongup and Himchan beamed at her, and chirped, “Yessir!” And so, they bid Hyosung goodbye and skipped out of the motel.

     “Hmmm, what should we do…?” Jongup was so excited at the prospect of hanging out late at night with his friend like a normal kid that he couldn’t come up with an activity. Himchan hummed, before his face brightened up, “Oh I know, we can walk a few streets down, and go eat some junk food,” “Okay!,” Jongup agreed, truthfully he wouldn’t mind anything Himchan suggested, he was just happy he was with Himchan. “Oh, hey how much money do you have?” Himchan said, searching his pockets for money. Jongup dipped his hands into his pants pockets and pulled out a few bills and coins, “Not much, only 11,510 won,” he frowned. Himchan laughed, “That’s more than enough where we’re going, street food doesn’t cost a lot anyway,” Himchan counted the change in his own hands, “I have around the same,” he shoved his money back into his pockets, “Okay~ let’s go!” Himchan held onto Jongup’s wrist and started running, Jongup stumbling behind him.

     When they got there, Jongup was fascinated by the bright lights emitted by light bulbs and pretty lanterns and the many small stalls that secreted delicious aromas. “Woah,” Himchan grinned, “Yeah, it’s awesome, I used to come here a lot but it got pretty boring with just me,” he pouted, “But it’s fine now since you’re here JongEobie,” Jongup smiled, “Okay, let’s go eat!” Himchan stared at the fifty or so stalls with a determined gaze, “When I used to come, it used to be my dream to eat at least one item from each stall…” he stared at Jongup with a mischievous and suggestive glance, Jongup grinned, “Let’s do it!” And so the boys raced off to the stalls, chomping on their food, visiting the stalls one by one.    

 


     Jongup and Himchan dropped down onto a wooden bench and groaned. “I- I, I see the light,” Himchan whimpered, Jongup groaned in agreement. They weren’t able to eat from every stall, but they visited 20 or so. They curled up on the bench, trying to comfort their bulging stomachs. “Urgggh,” Himchan groaned,  his hands patting his stomach,  after a few minute of silence he opened his mouth again, “Hey Jongup?” Jongup stared at the bright stars but let out a hum, “What?”

     “What do you want to be when you grow older?” Jongup thought about it, “Hmmm, I don’t know, I just want to be happy,” Himchan peeked at Jongup, “Happy?” Smiling, Jongup responded “Yeah, happy,” Himchan thought about it, his face scrunching up as he thought, “Yeah, I guess I want to be happy too. I’m happy now though~” “Yeah, I guess I am happy now too. I hope it stays this way forever,” Himchan hummed, agreeing with him.

     “Ja!~ Let’s go back, noona is probably worrying about us now,” Jongup said, standing up and pulling Himchan up on his feet. “Okay, just wait for my stomach to get a little better. I did eat more than you after all, I deserve more time to rest,” Jongup scoffed, “Yeah okay, I ate way more than you.”

“Nu-uh, I ate three servings of tteokbeokki!,”

“Well, I ate four servings of fishcake!”

“Nu-uh!”

“Yu-uh!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

The two bickered the whole way back to the motel.

        “Bye, bye hyung!”Jongup yelled to Himchan, it was 2:30 AM, after getting scolded by his noona, he decided that he was very tired. He offered his bed to Himchan but Himchan said that he should go check up on his mother. “Bye Eobie!~” Jongup waved as Himchan walked away. “Bye hyung,”      


     When Jongup woke up, he felt strangely happy. The golden rays of the sun shone through the windows, and made the whole room glow warmly. He sighed happily, the rays bathed the whole room with a warm sensation, he stretched, removing the tension in his body and buried himself deeper in the clean-smelling blankets. His eyes were just about to close again, and then there was a knock. And another. He felt content enough to ignore it. Another knock. Another knock. And another and another and another, his annoyance was growing. “GODDAMN!” he screamed. He stomped to the door and flung the wooden door open, the knob made a dent in the walls. And it was Himchan. “Oh hello hyung,” Jongup said, he rubbed at his eyes sleepily, and yawned.

     “Ahh!~” Himchan let out a high pitched squeal. Jongup flinched, and Himchan grabbed his cheeks, “Aren’t you just adorable,” and he began pushing and pulling his cheeks, molding his face into uncomfortable shapes.

     “Gah hyung, stop it!” Jongup pouted and slapped his hands away, he began rubbing at his reddening cheeks. “What are you doing at-,” he peeked at the clock, “9AM on a Saturday, such a nice day to sleep in on,”

     “No, no, no, no!” Himchan pranced in the room, and tossed the curtains aside, “Look at the sun, and the birds!~ Such a nice day to go out, now get ready,” when he turned his head back to Jongup he saw that he was fast asleep on the bed. “YAH!” Himchan’s eyes furrowed, “WAKE UP!” Jongup whimpered, “NO!~” he sighed contently and muzzled his cheeks against the pillow, and then there was a high pitched alarm. He opened his eyes and saw Himchan’s uvula, he let out a (MANLY) squeak and fell off the bed.  Himchan giggled.

“Now, get ready and change!” Himchan grinned, “Even though you look so adorable in your blue teddy bear pajamas,”

“SHUT UP HYUNG!” Jongup slammed the bathroom door to get ready and change.

“Gosh,” Himchan pouted, “Moody teenagers these days.”

     When he was done, he found Himchan on his bed picking at the sheets. “Hey hyung!” he chirped. “Lets go!~” Jongup said happily, Himchan was creeped out by the change in mood. ‘Kids are scary these days,’ he thought to himself as he eyed Jongup warily. And Jongup started skipping.

     “NOONA!~ Good morning,” Jongup chirped to Hyosung, Hyosung grinned and pinched at his cheeks. “Good morning!~” She chirped back. “You too Himchan.” Himchan grinned, “Good morning,”

     “We’re gonna go out,” Jongup said, Hyosung nodded, “Ok, just don’t do anything too stupid, kay?” Himchan pouted, “Come on, does that sound like us?” Himchan clung onto the smaller boy as they walked out, Hyosung felt a little worried, “Nah, they wouldn’t do anything… too stupid,” ‘Right?’


AN: AH~! GUYS I'M SO SORRY SORRY D;.

-I'm Mister Simple- WTF. Sorry, I love Suju :3.

It's been over a month. I apologize. -bricked- SORRY, had a writer's block, it's vacation now but it's still hectic. I have two essays due alone for English. And i'm doing badly, my Spanish grade dropped to an 86! D;, and my chem grade is still an 80!~ I wanted to apply for AP physics but I don't think i can do that with such a bad chem grade. ):. IDK, but I have to study for Chem MAJORLY, and the SATs, and maybe the SAT II, idk if I'm being too ambitious but I wanna get into a good college ;).

I'll try to update when I can! And sorry, but this fic is progressing slowly. VERY. and lykgreent I dedicated one of the line breaks to you for guessing correctly~ I was thinking about buying you a Jongup but nope, sorry too expensive. yepyep.

nightwalker314: you are my most dedicated reader/reviewer ;'). I'm sorry if this took too long, but OMG i hope you didn't disappear.

cedelily: Awww, thanks :'D. Here it is <3. Sorry it took SOOOOO long >.>

BYE GUYS~~ HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS SOON <3.

:))))))))- look at all dem chins :)

PS: I hope you like my line breaks. I'm awesome w00p!~ ugh tinypic removed them, and i'm too lazy to keep up with that crap.(5/31/2012)