"Dirty Little Freaks"

The Life of A Teenage Hooker

 

                Jongup wakes up to the blaring sound of his alarm clock that is haphazardly placed on the table next to the motel bed. He stands up and stretches, while ignoring that familiar soreness near his bottom area, it’s time to go to school he thinks cheerfully. Unlike other teens his age, he likes school- it creates an illusion for him- that he is a normal kid. He goes to the bathroom of the motel room, and begins his morning ritual, after his cold shower he comes out with a towel around his waist and cold water droplets still on his small frame; he revels in the cold, enjoying the fresh pain of cleanness. When he is done, he pulls out his duffel bag from underneath the worn out bed and opens it up. Inside is his school uniform, which he puts on after he dries himself, then he pulls out the leftover trigonometry homework he wasn’t able to complete last night and writes down his answers. He looks at his alarm clock- clock 6:30 AM, perfect. He grabs all of his possessions and stuffs them in his duffel bag, he slings it over his shoulder and heads over to the front desk to check out. There he sees one of his favorite people- “Hyosung noona! Good morning” he chirps.

                She sees him and smiles her gummy smile, her eyes turning into slits before she frowns, “Aiya! On a school night, Jongup-ah!”  He fakes a grin, “Sorry, noona but father made too much debts this week already, if I don’t pick it up I’m sure our apartment will be evicted,” Her frown grows, “I really don’t see why you still call that man, wait in fact he isn’t even a man nor is he a human, your father, you are way too good be his offspring!” she growls out, she really hates my father- I don’t blame her. “Even if I hate him, he is still my responsibility- he didn’t mean to turn out this way,” it’s true, he only became like this when my mother died. She sighs, “You don’t see what wrong with that statement- You are supposed to be his responsibility Jongup-ah, not the other way around! And if he was ready to be a father, he should’ve been strong enough to handle that- and be strong enough to look after you,” She grits out, I smile sadly, “Well, I guess he wasn’t ready,” She just sighs a sad sigh and I try to break her out of that mood, “Hmmm, noona what’s for lunch today?” She suddenly beams and starts rambling about the lunch she made- today we have fried breaded shrimp, and tofu stew. Noona is so cute.

                Noona walks to school with me, she doesn’t go to high school though- she goes to the culinary school a few blocks away from my school. Noona works part time in that motel to make money so she can pay off her college tuition- she doesn’t ‘hook’ though, she works at the front desk of the motel, and if she did hook I would feel sad because noona is too pure, precious, funny, cute and awesome to be defiled by hooking. Hyoseung-noona knows about what I do- at first she was so mad at me that she wouldn’t speak to me- but then she cried and said that she wasn’t mad at me, but that she was mad at my father, my life and my situation. Ever since then, she treated me like a baby brother, and spoiled me with food- she is one of the two people that I love that loves me back. If it wasn’t for her, I think I’d be dead by now.

                “Noona, it’s already 6:50, we should go now,” I say, and she screams and reaches for her stuff. “BYE AHJUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMA!” She shouts out, I laugh in the background. “Aish, Shut up you damned kids!” Koyeon –ahjumma says, she sounds really mean but she is really nice, she’s the other person that I love that loves me back. She’s just really grumpy- all the time. “GO away, go to school and never come back!” She shouts out with a gruff voice, but I can tell that she’s kidding; ahjumma is really bad at expressing her emotions.

                We run outside, and I get on my bicycle- I put on my dark green helmet and give the other one (sparkly purple) to Hyosung-noona, she puts it on and gets on behind me, she put her hands on my shoulders and we speed off with Hyosung-noona shouting like a crazy lady. “JONGUP IS SO AWESOME! DAE TO THE BAK! I LOVE FOOD, FOOD LOVES-A ME! F-O-O-D-I-N-G!” I just laugh and laugh and laugh, I love noona. “A-DO-DO-DO-DA-DA-DO-DO-DAH!” And we just continue like this along the way, ignoring those freaked out stares and judgmental eyes, lost in our world where I’m not a used up hooker and where Hyosung noona is not bothered by her debts and problems- in a world where noona and I can be purely family enjoying each other’s presence without all the burdens of reality.


                The pair arrives at school at 7:20AM, Hyosung hops off the bicycle while Jongup gets off slowly, his legs feeling like jelly. “Jongup-ah, same time as usual by the big tree okay?” Hyosung says lightly smacking upside Jongup’s head, then she tippy toes to kiss him on the forehead and ruffles his soft blond hair (that she dyed with Jongup’s request). “YESSIR, noona!” He says saluting, while attempting to fix his messy hair. She salutes back and they both grin to each other before she heads off to her school, “Bye bye, noooooooooooooooooooooooon-a!” She waves and shouts out bye before she disappears behind the buildings of the other block. He turns around to face the school, then he straightens up and gulps- he liked school, but he was always uncomfortable around the students. Why if he messed up and let it slip out, what if they find out, what if one of them was one of his clients? ‘Oh well,’ Jongup thinks to himself, he lets out a deep breath and tenses up his shoulders, ‘You can do this- you have to do this,’ he takes another deep breath and walks into the big building.


AN: I got 6 subscribers and two comments, I'm so happy ;'). Thanks you guys, I will be replying shortly~. Got home at 4 and plopped myself down on my chair to finish this chapter, it's rather short I think... If you can, leave a review  telling me if you would prefer longer chapters, if you do please keep in mind more time will have to be put into them and therefore I will not be able to update as frequently. 

This chapter was kind of boring, just some background information, but I hope I was able to write Hyosung and Jongup's relationship in a way that amused you guys. I was gonna end it by the first line break, but I thought it would be really, really TOO short soo.... Oh, and hopefully my writing style does not bore you guyssssssss :O.

ANYHOO, mid winter-recess is coming up so I will have a week off from school :), however on the other hand, please note that the rest of the days for this week will be hectic, my teachers decided to bombard me with tests- and they tell us students to not procastinate when they do so themselves, tsk tsk >(.

*I'm sorry for the bad titles guys, can you tell that I'm really bad with titles ;__;?   Edited the title (5/31/2012). Hopefully it's a little better. It's from Pink's song by the way

OH and Happy St. valentines day :), I have no valentine because I'm a loser, merpmerp ¬___¬.