Final.

Hopes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He never thought he would ever get this feeling. It wasn't a want anymore, it was an obsession. A constant need to make sure that something is his. For once, he wanted to make sure to have something. He wanted to claim something. Or someone…

It never occurred to him that this person would be someone he would want. He felt almost hopeless. He has been rejected before. He was used to being put down by others. But this time, he was sincerely scared. Another new feeling. This time, he wanted something very badly and felt hopeless if it didn't work out. 

He couldn't have her, so he gave up. He could at least protect her. But someone couldn't have her either and was absolutely destroyed because of it. The skin paler than usually and bags under eyes were enough to prove that. On top of that, there was the smell of too much alcohol. 

Dong Mae’s heart hurt for that person. All he wanted to do was to reach out and safe Kim Hee Sung. Although, he didn’t know how would the other react. Why was it so hard? So incredibly hard…

He closed his eyes and raised his cup with sake to his lips to down it. He was tired of all these feelings. He wanted to drown them with this single cup of alcohol and never feel them again. Yet, that was impossible.

He downed the cup and opened his eyes only, when he felt a weight shift next to him. There he was. The man of interest. In his perfect suit and perfectly combed hair. His smile didn’t appear on his face tonight. His eyes seemed lifeless. Dong Mae furrowed his brows. Without saying anything, Hee Sung took Dong Mae’s cup and poured himself sake and downed it. 

By this moment would usually Dong Mae start throwing threats at him. Both of them knew, those threats weren’t meant seriously. At first, it was to keep his distance. Later, it was just a good way of teasing. Tonight, even Dong Mae felt it would be highly inappropriate. 

“Sorry to intrude.” Hee Sung finally spoke, only to realize there weren’t any threats yet. He looked at Dong Mae and saw concern on the other man’s face. “What is this? Are you worried about me right now?” the lazy grin didn’t quite reach his eyes, but it did brighten his face somehow.

“I am just making sure, you are still alive, my lord.” Dong Mae didn’t know why he said something like this. It could have sounded like a concern. Or it could have sounded like another threat. He was really bad at this. But the smile, now sincere, on Hee Sung’s face made his heart relax. The stiffness from his shoulders disappeared by a small amount. 

“I’m not going anywhere, what would you do without me?” Hee Sung chuckled.

“Precisely. What would I do without you…?” Dong Mae murmured to himself while pouring another cup of sake, ready to drink it.

“What did you say?” there was something unreadable on Hee Sung’s face and Dong Mae felt caught in the act, although he played it cool and drank from his cup. He acted like he didn’t hear Hee Sung say something. 

He got scared. It was some time since the broken engagement between lady Go and Kim Hee Sung, but it was still to early to do something like this. He wanted to protect this man at all cost. If he was reckless, however, he might now have anyone to protect. he couldn’t bear the thought. 

 Dong Mae poured himself another cup of sake but this time, he was stopped by Kim Hee Sung, who took the cup from his hand and instead of drinking it, put it aside.

“Goo Dong Mae, what did you say?” for the first time ever, the smooth voice was stern. The samurai looked at him and tilted his head to side, his hair falling into his eyes. What should he do? He could be completely honest or cautious. He wasn’t sure, which option was the safest at the moment, looking into those urgent eyes.

“What did it sound like?” being vague would be the best thing to do right now and it seemed to take Hee Sung aback. Now, he was the one who didn’t know what to say, how to react. Hee Sung gulped, speechless. Probably for the first time ever. 

Dong Mae loved to see him like that. Perhaps, he would like it even more in other circumstances. Oh no, he would love it without any doubt. And he should probably stop thinking like this or he wouldn’t be able to stop himself and something he would regret later.

Hee Sung looked around the bar, they were sitting at. It was pretty much packed tonight and it somehow, it seemed like everyone was listening to their conversation. He was being cautious. Well, one plus, if he wanted to reject Dong Mae, he wouldn’t humiliate him in front of other people.

“I feel like this conversation might not be for others to hear.” Kim Hee Sung said and took the cup, he put aside, to down it.

Goo Dong Mae didn’t know if he should be scared, happy or impressed. Anything could come out of this situation but at least, he will get to spend alone time with the man next to him. He was all for it.

Their walk to the hotel Glory was quiet, which was unnerving Goo Dong Mae since he was used to Kim Hee Sung’s talking. The man never stopped talking but today, he was oddly quiet. After effects of the called of engagement? Ah, Dong Mae still could feel the punch on his face, which he earned from Hee Sung, after cutti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter