Chaemin

Who's the Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-

When Yena left for their first class, Chaeyeon had stayed behind. She opens her locker again, and a smile etches on her face. She reaches inside, taking out the small pink bag she had seen when she first opened it. She stretches it, and her grin widens, for the bag contains her favorite sweet potato snack, not only that, but she also sees a note beside it. There are only a few people who know that this specific brand is Chaeyeon's favorite, but there is only one who would ever write a message like this.

 

"Lunch? I Miss you <3".

-KMJ

 

Chaeyeon giggles, her girlfriend has always been sweet. She always does these little things making Chaeyeon feel happy and tingly all the time. Not knowing when or where her girlfriend would put these things is such a thrill that whenever she does find it, it's always a pleasant surprise— like getting a gift on your birthday or Christmas.

 

 

She was quite suspicious the first time her girlfriend had done it, since the girl hadn't written a name on it. Imagine the surprise Chaeyeon had gotten when she read it. Reading, "I wanna see you soon." from some anonymous sender, is scary. And because she was too afraid, Chaeyeon never went to the meeting place, making her girlfriend wait in the rain. Chaeyeon only found out when she gets a call from her girlfriend's cousin, Kang Hyewon, the next day informing her that she was currently sick in bed with a fever. Chaeyeon did not know whether to feel more sorry or to laugh at how cute her gawky girlfriend is. 

 

 

After that incident, Chaeyeon would continuously about it to the point that they almost had a fight. It ended up with her girlfriend breaking down in tears, "I don't want to be mad at you but you're not making it easy for me." she says before she turns to walk away.

 

 

Chaeyeon immediately runs after her, "Where are you going?"

 

 

Her girlfriend's reply is so like her personality. "I'm going home, so that I won't get mad at you. Come over when you decide to stop teasing me."

 

 

Chaeyeon blinks, competely confused, "Aren't you already though?"

 

 

Minju huffs, "Not yet, but I'm almost there so goodbye." she says then turns to leave again.

 

 

Chaeyeon held herself back from laughing at how cute her girlfriend is. She reaches for her girlfriend's hand stopping the girl from taking another step. She then turns the girl towards her body, arms immediately encircling around her petite frame as Chaeyeon's right hand gently tugs on her girlfriend's head, pulling it unto her chest. "I'm sorry. I'll stop now. So, you don't have to leave."

 

 

After that incident, her girlfriend makes sure to sign all the letters with her initials to prevent it from happening again. As much as her girlfriend is sweet and romantic, she is also very clumsy. So, there are a couple of times when her little surprises do not always go well like she had planned it to.

 

 

And yet, Chaeyeon still finds it sweet and adorable. Even the first time her girlfriend confessed was so awkward that Chaeyeon was at a loss, just standing there in the middle of her empty classroom, staring at the girl who had suddenly crouched down, face buried on her hands, crying out of nowhere before she was even able to let a word out.

 

 

Chaeyeon, understandably perplexed at what was happening, looked around before approaching her tentatively to somehow provide comfort to the girl by rubbing her back in a soothing motion not knowing what else to do. She waits for the girl to calm down muttering multiple "It's okay"s as she continued the gesture. When the girl finally did stop crying, she surprises Chaeyeon once again when she raises her head, and looked straight into Chaeyeon's eyes.

 

 

Chaeyeon moved back on impulse but does not look away, she was already caught by those brown orbs to do anything else. And all Chaeyeon could do at that moment was stare back in awe as the girl takes a deep breath.

 

 

"Would you like to go on a date with me?"

 

 

And her mind went blank.

 

 

Honestly, Chaeyeon did not even consider what she felt for the girl then, because what she saw despite the restlessness in her voice, despite the drying tear marks on her cheeks, despite the shakiness in her whole demeanor, Chaeyeon sees the tenacity and sincerity written on the girl's face. And as if Chaeyeon was hypnotized, she could only manage to let a single word out.

 

 

"Okay."

 

 

That was the best impulsive decision Chaeyeon had made. Because two years later, here they are now, in love more than ever each day. And that is something Chaeyeon will never regret.

 

 

During Lunch, after a practiced excuse to Yena, Chaeyeon makes her way to where she and her girlfriend would eat when they get the chance. It was a place behind the school where you have to pass a hidden passageway to reach it. Chaeyeon just happened to stumble on it one day; she didn't know then that it would be a very convenient discovery. 

 

 

When they started dating, her girlfriend was too obvious with her affections that if Chaeyeon had not stepped in, they would have been found out. They have been dating in secret even from their friends, thus the reason why they go to such lengths just to eat lunch together. And that place was perfect, because only they know about it. It became a secret hideout, a special place for just the two of them.

 

 

As Chaeyeon walks towards the secluded place, she spots her girlfriend already sitting under the tree on the mat that they hid. She smiles, because even just staring at her girlfriend's back makes her happy. She slowly makes her way to the girl in tiptoes, bending down and stretching her arms to cover the girl's eyes as she whispers into her ear.

 

 

"Guess who?"

 

 

Her girlfriend laughs, appearing not the least surprised. Her own hands stretching behind her to hold Chaeyeon's face, "Unnie, Come here. I wanna see your face." 

 

Chaeyeon lets go and laughs with her, "Hey, what if it wasn't me? You would be holding some stranger's face", Chaeyeon jokes as she sits beside her girlfriend on the mat.

 

 

"I know it's you; I can always sense it when you're near."

 

 

"Oh? Then we're the same Minju ah, I can always tell when you're around. Does that make us superheroes, then?"

 

 

Minju laughs out loud, "What kind of power is that, though? We'll only be able to sense each other; it'll be useless if we need to save other people."

 

 

Chaeyeon looks at her, offended, "That's the only power I need. I only need to find you, so it's enough."

 

 

Minju looks at her and smiles, reaching to hold Chaeyeon's hand, "I guess that's enough for me, too," running her thumb on her knuckles.

 

 

They both blush at Minju's cheesy comment. Minju tucks her chin, feeling shy even though she was the one who said it. She looks up at Chaeyeon at the corner of her eye, trying to see if the girl is feeling it too.

 

 

Chaeyeon definitely feels it, as she looks to the side to hide her reddening cheeks. Minju smiles when she notices Chayeon's crimson ears. "How's the practice going?" the girl asks, turning to face her, swiftly changing the topic that Minju did not have time to hide her expression when she got caught staring.

 

 

Chaeyeon mirrors her before Minju clears , tightening her grip on the girl's hand, "It's hard. Really, really hard and really, really tiring, but It's worth it." Minju says with such a content expression on her face. And Chaeyeon dares not to question it.

 

 

"We started doing a new dance cover the other day, and I amazingly memorized the moves pretty quickly this time," Minju adds with excitement coloring her voice and Chaeyeon can't help but feel excited too.

 

 

Seeing how ecstatic Minju looks, Chaeyeon forgets her concerns. It is normal for Minju to suddenly call her in the middle of the night, telling her how her teacher scolded her, or how she could not get the moves down, or when she could not get the right pitch, just anything rough that day. And Chaeyeon would stay silent and listen until Minju falls asleep. What worried her is that she has been getting those calls more often the past few weeks, and she can't help but wonder if the practice has become tougher than she can handle.

 

 

When she and Minju got together, Chaeyeon did not know that Minju is a trainee at this reasonably known company. All she knew that she was one of the popular girls in school. She did find her gorgeous, so gorgeous that she wouldn't be surprised that Minju would be an actress or a model.

 

 

But one day when Minju had invited her to watch her practice and she saw the girl perform, no matter how awkward it was with a satisfied smile on her face, Chaeyeon knew then that the girl wanted to be an idol. No, she was born to be one. While Minju thought it was awkward, that was not the case for Chaeyeon, she, on the other hand, thought she was perfect. She still thinks she is. And, maybe when her heart started racing, or when she lost the abiltiy to move or speak, just watching a girl perform to her heart's content, maybe that was the moment then when she knew her feelings for Minju were finally clear, after months of contemplating, it finally had a name.

 

 

Love.

 

 

Chaeyeon fell in love with how hardworking Minju is. She has never seen such determination despite what she lacks from anyone else she met. Even though Minju doesn't get the steps right the first time or when her voice seemed to lack power, the girl will still continue practicing until she does or even better.

 

 

Chaeyeon truly admires that about her since she lacks it. Ever since that incident in the past, she lost that confidence, and she never tried to again. Minju once suggested she go to an audition too, saying things like you're pretty or that they could even debut together. Chaeyeon knew that her girlfriend is just saying it as more of a passing comment than an actual suggestion, yet she did wonder if Minju knew about her past.

 

 

Shaking the thought away, even if she did because of how Chaeyeon is, how she's not confident in herself, she never took it seriously. And she is okay with that. She is happy watching Minju; it's as if she could be on stage through her.

 

 

"That sounds amazing, Min, you did well," she says fondly, patting her on the head.

 

 

But the action makes Minju frown instead, moving her head away, "Unnie… I'm your girlfriend, not your sister."

 

 

Chaeyeon blinks as her hand stay in the air; she finds it cute that Minju does not like these little gestures of affection. As Minju's words often say, "I don't like it because it feels like you're treating me like a little sister."

 

 

Chaeyeon can't blame her, though, because when they were in their first week of dating, Chaeyeon did treat her like a sister unconsciously. With Minju being younger, she couldn't help but dote on the girl, giving her these little pats.

 

 

"I know that Min, but you are the same age as my sister so sometimes I don't realize it," explains Chaeyeon pinching Minju on both her cheeks, moving it upward to make her smile, "Plus, you're so cute when you get pouty like this. Like really really cute."

 

 

The action only further grimaces Minju's face as the girl tries to get a word out. Chaeyeon was undoubtedly surprised when Minju suddenly grabs both of her wrists, pulling her in, feeling her body moving forward, faces coming closer together until two lips crash.

 

 

Minju kisses her hard, taking Chaeyeon's breath away.

 

 

Chaeyeon is stiff with surprise, letting out a muffled squeal, eyes wide, utterly astounded at the turn of events. She could feel Minju's soft lips move against hers, as a hand finds itself behind her nape, pulling her closer. With her stomach somersaulting and her face heating up, she soon found herself responding with the same ardor when Minju refuses to cease.

 

 

Chaeyeon was in a daze when they separate after god knows when, with her cheeks warm and eyes struggling to focus. She did not expect that. Minju has the impression of someone pure and innocent, so that bold action coming from someone like that, completely caught Chaeyeon off guard.

 

 

"Wha...?" she gushes out breathless.

 

 

Minju grins, trying to look unbothered, but the swollen lips and redness on her face complete with her heavy breathing, says otherwise. Even though Minju started it, she is still that same clumsy girl who gets weak when she kisses her girlfriend. And just like always, she tries to be confident in everything she does, even if the feeling of embarrassment is overpowering, "Now, is that something sisters would do?" she says, squaring her shoulders to appear unfazed.

 

 

Chaeyeon flushes as she tries to regain her composure. Still heaving from that steamy encounter, she releases a breath as she looks back at Minju, "Then don't call me unnie, too then."

 

 

Minju beams, her confidence waning as she looks at Chaeyeon adoringly, "Okay, girlfriend."

 

 

Chaeyeon matches it with her own. "Let's eat?"

 

 

They eat in comfortable silence after that, just content at being together. The two would try to glance at each other in between bites as if to make sure that they are truly together at that moment, but when their eyes connect, they feel the butterflies again, and they would look away with smiles adorn their faces, typical teenagers in love.

 

 

Minju did not foresee she could do something like that, and she's pretty sure her girlfriend is the same. But being with Chaeyeon makes her giddy and would always feel her insides roll every time, thus prompting her to do daring things. She peeks at Chaeyeon beside her again, the girl is already silently eating, but she knows Chaeyeon is still thinking about it. She is too, to be honest. That was something else.

 

 

Completely different from the first time. Minju could still remember how it felt when they first had their first kiss….

 

 

Minju was just coming home from a bad day at practice. Her dance teacher called her off a lot for not getting the moves right, and not only that, but her vocal coach said some vulgar things. Minju knows she should get used to it, that they are doing it for her, but she is still human and she gets hurt.

 

 

With each step heavier than the last, she trudges towards her home, not bothering to ring the doorbell, already informed by her mother that she'll be out. Once inside, she goes straight to her room, opening it only to be welcomed by the sight of Chaeyeon sitting on her bed, grinning so widely.

 

 

"Welcome back, sorry, If I let myself in, there was no one home, and you gave me a key..." Chaeyeon starts to explain, scratching at her neck, "And... I just wanna… um, surprise?"

 

 

Minju had stayed silent for a few seconds, just staring at this perfect human being in front of her and how seeing Chaeyeon right at this moment, made the bad day she just had to vanish as if it never happened in the first place.

 

 

Concerned about her silence, Chayeon stands up, ready to approach her, eyes worried, "Min? Is everything…"

 

 

Minju's feet started moving on their own, as she strides towards her girlfriend, dropping her bag on the floor, arms reaching out before Chaeyeon could take another step, colliding their bodies together in a hug.

 

 

"Oof…" Chaeyeon was taken aback at the suddenness but reciprocated, nonetheless.

 

 

Minju's hold tightens, hands gripping on Chaeyeon's shirt, feeling the wetness seep through. Chaeyeon understood right away, kissing the girl on the shoulder, "You did well today, Min. I'm proud of you," she says, running her hands on her back, soothing the tenseness there.

 

 

When Minju moves back, Chaeyeon had cradled her face in her palms, thumbs wiping at the tears that escaped, "Aigoo. My baby looks so pretty when she cries, I'm so lucky," Chaeyeon says, trying to make the girl smile.

 

 

But this made Minju's expression soften as she shakes her head and says in almost a whisper. "I'm the lucky one."

 

 

Chaeyeon loses her smirk, as their eyes locked in, making the room feel hot and heavy amid their staring contest. The sounds of the world mutes around them, that it was as if they were the only people left. 

 

 

They don't know who moved first, only realizing it when two lips come together and two hearts pounding that night.

 

 

Minju flustered when she remembered, back then, it was only a peck, and yet she felt like she exploded and her scattered pieces flew everywhere. Chaeyeon seemed like she was thinking the same thing when Minju turned to look at her and saw the girl looking back with pinkish cheeks and a tender smile. It doesn't take a mirror to know that she, too, was sporting the same expression.

 

 

Time goes by quickly when you're having fun, that they did not notice it went by faster than they would like. Because they haven't been spending that much time together due to Minju's training, both really crave each other's presence a lot more than average. And now, that their time together is almost over, they can't help but be saddened. The feeling of happiness they just had is overpowered by the sadness of not seeing each other for a while again.

 

 

Minju is feeling explicitly guiltier since it is her fault that they can't always spend time together. But, she wants to make up for it. She's staring at Chaeyeon's back when the girl was busy folding the mat. Watching her, Minju started to feel uneasy; she didn't think she would last the rest of the week without at least an assurance that she'll be able to see her girlfriend again after so long.

 

 

Adding that her company had said that there are already some ongoing plans on her debut, she's scared that she'd be way busier to spend time with Chaeyeon when it's confirmed.

 

 

"Hey Chaen, let's go on a date this weekend."

 

 

Chaeyeon turns around, eyebrow raised, arguably skeptical, "We just met up last Saturday. Don't you have practice or something?" Don't get her wrong, tt's not like she didn't like it; she misses Minju a lot, but Chaeyeon knows how busy her girlfriend is, and she does not want Minju to feel guilty for being so.

 

 

Minju smiles sheepishly, "I told you, I already memorized the steps. I want to go on a date with you. Don't you want to go on a date with me?"

 

 

Chaeyeon giggles, smirking, "I already answered that the first time you asked, remember?"

 

 

Minju breaks out a broad smile as she run towards Chaeyeon, enveloping her in a rib crushing hug. Chaeyeon returns it as their bodies relax, "You didn't cry this time though," she adds clearly an attempt to tease the girl again.

 

 

"Yaaah!"

 

--

 

After that day, the rest of the week went by. Despite not spending time together for a couple of days, Minju's letters do not wane. It was her way of letting Chaeyeon feel her presence despite not being there. She knows Minju isn't always the one who leaves it, she kind of have a suspicion who does when it's not her girlfriend, and she's grateful for it. That is why she sometimes leaves some sweets in her locker for this person, as thanks.

 

 

As if the letters weren't enough, Minju would always text her during her breaks, like a simple, "Hey beautiful, did you have lunch?", "Good morning, babe." or the usual "I miss you." and Chaeyeon would always wait for it; she occasionally texts first, but she does not want to interrupt her during practices, so she would usually just anticipates Minju's and they'll go from there.

 

 

This is their way, just little things like these show that both are thinking of each other. It's not easy and it's usually tougher most of the time, but now that they have the weekend to be together, they both got through the rest of the week feeling more excited.

 

 

Friday night came, and Chaeyeon is excited, she's standing in the middle of her room, looking down at her bed where clothes are sprawled about, busy trying to pick what to wear. Having a girlfriend as beautiful as Minju, she needs to keep up. Even though Minju would continuously tell her that she's beautiful and Chaeyeon would always believe her, but there are just times when Chaeyeon would feel insecure, especially if others would take an interest in her girlfriend. Although she gets it, she gets why they do, Minju is for lack of better words the most stunning, gorgeous, etheral, beautiful, breathtaking girl Chaeyeon has ever seen in her whole life that it would be more suprising if people aren't taking an interest.

 

 

But what makes it hard for Chaeyeon, is that she can't tell them to back off, she can't claim her publicly. With their relationship being a secret, Chaeyeon could only keep it to herself. Minju does like it when Chaeyeon goes into her jealousy state, it makes her feel wanted even though Chaeyeon already does. But, it's not like it's a one sided thing. Minju gets jealous too, because the way her girlfriend sees her is the same way she sees her. In conclusion, these two are just so head over heels for each other that they both have these possessive tendencies.

 

 

Chaeyeon was so into choosing the perfect outfit that she does not notice that 3 hours had already passed when she had first started. Checking the time, she learns that it was almost midnight. As she prepared to sleep, she could feel something off.

 

 

She finds it strange that her girlfriend hadn't contacted her. No matter how late it is, whenever Minj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter