KangChaen

Who's the Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So KangChaen won. Here's their story. Enjoy! 

--

 

After making sure there’s no one watching her, she makes her way towards the end of the hall and walks up a couple flight of stairs, but before she could take another step, someone pulls her by the arm, crushing her so tight it seemed like a chokehold.

 

 

“Ooff,”

 

 

“What took you so long babe? I’ve been waiting”

 

 

Chaeyeon chuckle, reciprocating the hug back as she could easily recognize the stranger by her scent. She is after all the only person who would call Chaeyeon “babe”.

 

 

 

They stay like that for quite a while and after what seemed like hours, Chaeyeon finally breaks the hug to look at her girlfriend. “I’m sorry babe, Yena was being all suspicious again.”

 

 

 

This made her girlfriend roll her eyes “What is it this time?”

 

 

 

“Well you kinda made googly eyes at me when you guys passed by and she noticed”

 

 

 

If her girlfriend’s eyes could grow any bigger it would by how surprised she is. “I did not!”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon smiles, watching her girlfriend with her arms crossed and pouting so cutely at her is the complete opposite of how the other students see her. She has this aura that draws people’s attention in but are too afraid to get too close.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon still wonders to this day, why this beautiful girl in front of her had asked her to be her girlfriend.

 

 

 

First of all, she was no one special, she’s just your average high school girl, with average grades, average fa-- “No you are not average! You are the most beautiful girl on this planet!” okay her girlfriend just interrupted her thoughts, anyways moving on, what Chaeyeon is basically saying is that she’s just an ordinary girl, oh did Chaeyeon mention that she’s a girl? To be honest that’s the most surprising fact of all.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon never thought she’d get a girlfriend. It’s not that she’s against it, but she wasn’t actually looking for one or even a lover to be exact. But her girlfriend was quite persistent.

 

 

 

“Hey, Chaeyeon ah, are you listening?”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon wakes up from her reverie “Ah sorry babe, what did you say?”

 

 

 

Her girlfriend sighs but repeats it anyways, “I said, that I’m going to be free again this weekend so Netflix and chill?”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon grins, she was happy that she gets to spend time with her girlfriend twice now. “Don’t you have a photoshoot or something though?”

 

 

 

“No, I’m free. I just did one a few days ago”

 

 

 

“Why don’t you just stay in then. You don’t have to go over my house it must be tiring”

 

 

 

Hyewon glares at her in disbelief, she could not understand why Chaeyeon would think spending time together would be tiring. “Spending time with my girlfriend is not tiring, how could you say that?”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon clearly thinks she misunderstood and quickly tries to pacify the situation. Her girlfriend being angry is not something she wants to see. “No! that’s not what I meant, I just want you to have proper rest, I know you’re busy and would only get a little.”

 

 

 

Hyewon sighs, Chaeyeon is just that kind of girl. She always thinks of others first. “Babe, I want to spend time with you, doesn’t matter if I’m tired, I can rest when I’m with you. You’re my bed.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon pauses as she stares at her girlfriend, she could see how serious she is, and this makes her laugh. “Bed? Haha OMG babe”

 

 

 

 

“What?” Hyewon finally cracks a smile, watching Chaeyeon laugh out loud and hearing her weird laugh always brings happy feelings out. “I want cake too”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon stops laughing and smiles. The way Hyewon’s mind works is such a wonder to Chaeyeon and that only makes her admire the model more.

 

 

 

She slowly moves her face forward grinning with purpose, eyes solely locked on one person, Hyewon reacts by closing her eyes waiting for that touch. Two lips connect, two people giddy with butterflies flying around their stomachs.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon moves back first, wearing such a fond smile on her face. Hyewon being so cute like this, she can’t help but kiss the girl. And Hyewon who’s usually expressionless is beaming.

 

 

 

“You can have all the cake in the world”

 

 

 

Hyewon smirks “Do you come with it? Cause I kinda like your flavor more”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon laughs, desperately trying to hide her blush.

 

 

--

 

 

That weekend, Hyewon and Chaeyeon were currently at Chaeyeon’s room sitting side by side on the bed, eating ice cream and watching a movie on Netflix. This is what they consider as their Netflix and chill. They literally just Netflix and chill.

 

 

 

They hang out at Chaeyeon’s house a lot since fans and paparazzies usually frequent Hyewon’s apartment. They want to avoid unnecessary attention. Chaeyeon wanted to go out but she knows her girlfriend is tired, so she wanted to let her rest.

 

 

 

It was about halfway through the second movie, Hyewon wakes up to find her girl still focused on the screen. She fell asleep even before the first movie finished. She yawns as she tries to adjust her eyes, moving closer towards Chaeyeon snuggling into her side.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon looks down at her cuddly girlfriend and smiles. Hyewon has always been the clingy type and there is not a day that the girl would not cling to Chaeyeon every chance she gets. Hyewon had to physically stop herself when they pass each other in school because they are still keeping their relationship a secret.

 

 

 

“Did you have a good sleep?” she asks as she runs her hand through Hyewon’s hair, caressing it. The action makes Hyewon snuggle further into her side. “mhm”

 

 

 

“I’m hungry Chae”

 

 

 

“Of course, you are” Chaeyeon states, knowing full well how her girlfriend’s stomach works.

 

 

 

“Ow!” Chaeyeon suddenly shrieks, recoiling back as she looks at her girlfriend. “You bit me!”

 

 

 

Hyewon grins as she reaches out to Chaeyeon bringing her back to her side. “I told you I’m hungry”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon looks at her in disbelief, “That does not make it alright to just bite my arm!”

 

 

 

“I’m sorry babe, forgive me?” Hyewon looks at her in that signature pout and puppy eyes which Chaeyeon can never resist.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon’s expression softens “I’ll go get you some food” After a last caress to her head, Chaeyeon moves to the side to get up only not to move even an inch. She chuckles at her girlfriend’s action, looking down at the arms around her waist.

 

 

 

“You got to let me go”

 

 

 

“But I don’t want you to go”

 

 

 

Hyewon is being so cute and clingy right now that it brings such a fond smile on Chaeyeon’s face. She has always thought of the girl as kind of like a cat, always snuggling into her being so affectionate.

 

 

 

“I have cake”

 

 

 

Hyewon’s arms drop at the mention of her favorite food. “Okay get back fast”

 

 

 

Another one of the things of Hyewon that Chaeyeon finds so cute. Whenever there is a mention of cake or any food for that matter, the girl will always concede.

 

 

 

“I’ll be back”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon finally stands but before she could even walk a meter away, Hyewon calls her back.

 

 

 

“Baby, feed me first so that I won’t be hungry while waiting”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon lurches her head in question. “I’m about to? What do you mean?”

 

 

 

Hyewon answers by pointing to her lips. “Gimme some Chaeyeon flavored cake”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon rolls her eyes but still went back anyways. She bends down placing a light kiss on the laying girl’s waiting lips. But what was intended to be a quick innocent kiss turns the opposite when Hyewon reaches up, placing both her arms around Chaeyeon’s neck preventing the girl to move back.

 

 

 

Hyewon pulls Chaeyeon further towards her and the girl had no choice but to fall on top of the girl. Their lips do not separate as it happens as two lips continue to dance with each other.

 

 

 

 

Their makeout session finally stops when they needed air. Although it’s not bad to die being kissed by someon you love.

 

 

 

“That…. was...uh” Chaeyeon tries to get some words out but she was breathing too fast at what they had just done. Hyewon cups both of her cheeks with her palms, she was surprisingly calm.

 

 

 

“I really miss this, just us together like this”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon smiles adoringly, she caresses Hyewon’s face. “Then let’s make the most of it tonight”

 

 

 

Hyewon grins and nods. “I still want that cake though”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon cracks up. “Of course, you do”

 

 

 

While Chaeyeon was in the kitchen, she takes out the cake that she bought yesterday because she knew her girlfriend is coming over. She cuts a big slice of cake and puts it on a plate. She takes out two cups and pours Hyewon’s favorite Wintermelon milk tea. She places them all in a tray when a notification rang. She checks her phone to see it was from Yena. She opens it up and had an unreadable expression.

 

 

 

Hyewon finally sits up as she browses through Netflix. She can’t believe she just fell asleep like that. She wanted to spend time with Chaeyeon since she hasn’t had that luxury for a while now and she’s scared her girlfriend would feel neglected.

 

 

 

Hyewon shakes her head. She knows her girlfriend won’t ever say that even though she feels it. Chaeyeon does not want to inconvenience her. That trait of hers honestly worries Hyewon a lot. She wants the girl to be transparent whenever she’s feeling bad and not only the good ones. Afterall, that is what being in a relationship should be.

 

 

 

Her musings were interrupted when Chaeyeon appears by the door, bringing with her a tray, containing the cake and milktea. As soon as she saw her, Hyewon knew something was up. She could see the change in Chaeyeon’s demeanor. Her eyes were dimmed, and that beautiful smile is absent from her face.

 

 

 

“Here’s your cake” Chaeyeon says, slowly walking towards the bed.

 

 

 

Hyewon observes her the entire way until the girl is now sitting beside her on the bed. Chaeyeon remains silent for a few seconds and Hyewon thinks that she should ask her first. Knowing the girl, she will not say anything because it feels like it has something to do with Hyewon.

 

 

 

“What’s wrong?” Hyewon leaves the cake abandoned and turns to look at her girlfriend.

 

 

 

When Chaeyeon stayed silent, it confirmed Hyewon’s thoughts. But what could have happened on the way when her girlfriend just literally went down to get her food.

 

 

 

“Hey, talk to me” she urges tilting her to catch her eyes.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon does not say anything for a while. Hyewon quietly waits as she continues to stare at the girl. Chaeyeon manages to finally organize her thoughts as she takes a deep breath. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

 

 

Hyewon tilts her head in confusion. “Tell you what?” Good she’s talking.

 

 

 

“Don’t do that, you know what I’m talking about”

 

 

 

It suddenly dawns on Hyewon what Chaeyeon is talking about. It is after all one of the reasons why she wanted to come over so badly. She wanted to stop Chaeyeon from knowing.

 

 

 

“It’s Yena right?” Hyewon ignores the question.

 

 

 

“Does that even matter? Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

 

Hyewon sighs, stupid duck. “Okay, I think you already know. Yes. I did have a photoshoot with Min Joon. There I said it” Hyewon does not know why she’s defensive, but this issue has been going on for a long time already. She does not know why Chaeyeon is so wary about him. He’s just her childhood friend. Nothing more.

 

 

 

“You’re the one getting mad now?” says Chaeyeon “Shouldn’t I be the one?”

 

 

 

Hyewon exhales, she takes both of Chaeyeon’s hands holding it tight “I just don’t understand why you’re so sensitive about him. He’s just a friend. I’m dating YOU, not him.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon knows she’s acting out, but she can’t help but feel iffy about that guy. She knows he likes Hyewon more than a friend. Maybe? Okay maybe she’s not sure but she can feel there’s something there. And that makes her feel insecure. Hyewon does not see it because they’ve known each other for so long and she always says that she only sees him as a friend.

 

 

 

“Then why didn’t you say anything?” Chaeyeon finally looks up to look at her face.

 

 

 

Hyewon contemplates on telling the truth but decides that honesty is important in a relationship “It’s because of the way you’re acting right now. That is why I didn’t tell you.”

 

 

 

“Acting like what?” she asks daringly, her tone changed. It was not the sweet Chaeyeon Hyewon was used to hear.

 

 

 

“Being overly jealous about nothing” Hyewon says honestly.

 

 

 

This make Chaeyeon’s face flinch as she moves back, shrugging Hyewon’s hands away “So what? Are you saying it’s my fault now?”

 

 

 

Hyewon’s eyes widen, this is not going in the right direction. She thought telling the truth would be the right thing to do, but clearly Chaeyeon is misunderstanding everything.

 

 

 

She moves towards Chaeyeon but the latter moves back. Chaeyeon could see the slight hurt on Hyewon’s face when she did that. But she does not allow any skinship from the girl, ‘cause she knows that is what Hyewon does whenever they fight and it’s very distracting

 

 

 

Hyewon sighs but did not try approaching again “I did not say that. Don’t put words in my mouth”

 

 

 

When Chaeyeon does not say anything else, Hyewon knows that it’s no use. This day was supposed to be a stress reliever. She missed her girlfriend so much and just wanted to spend more time with her but then again, she is not in the right either. But she’s tired of the same issue repeating all over again and before things get any worse, she decided to just leave and give them space.

 

 

 

“I think I should go.” Hyewon says standing up. She quietly takes her stuff, preparing herself to leave. She looks at Chaeyeon, hoping that the girl would say something to stop her. She clearly thinks this fight is petty. She just wanted to have a peaceful weekend with her.

 

 

 

But Chaeyeon remains unmoving. Another one of Chaeyeon’s traits that worries Hyewon is how she’s too stubborn. Once she thinks about something and think that it’s right, there is no changing that decision.

 

 

 

Hyewon slowly walks over to Chaeyeon, still hoping that she’d at least look at her, but the girl had her head down. Hyewon sighs, she slowly bends down and kisses the top of Chaeyeon’s head. “Call me when you’re ready to talk”

 

 

 

And with that, Hyewon leaves. It takes Chaeyeon a few more minutes before she finally moves from her position. She grabs the pillow and buries her face to scream. “Arghhh”

 

 

 

The two have not talked to each other after that incident. They would pass by each other in the halls, and Hyewon would have this lingering look but Chaeyeon ignores it all the time. Hyewon being popular, people were bound to notice her change.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon and Yena were passing by the lockers when they overhear some students talking.

 

 

 

“I wonder what’s up with Kang Hyewon. She’s different.” Says one student

 

 

 

“You think she had a fight with Min Joon?” says the other student

 

 

 

The sound of his name felt like sandpaper to Chaeyeon’s ears making her blood boil. This is another reason why Chaeyeon is so sensitive about him. People couple them up together more often than not.

 

 

 

Why don’t they get that Hyewon is not dating that Min Joon guy? Ugh even thinking his name agitates her. She glares at the two students, not being able to control her anger.

 

 

 

“Stop spreading rumors” snapping at them before walking away.

 

 

 

The two students including Yena was taken aback. They did not know where that came from. Yena apologizes then chases after Chaeyeon, following the girl towards the courtyard. She reaches out to grab Chaeyeon, making the girl stop marching angrily.

 

 

 

“Hey, what’s going on?”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon shrugs her arm away and glares at Yena. “It’s all your fault, you stupid duck!”

 

 

 

Yena takes a step back, shocked at Chaeyeon’s sudden outpouring of emotions. “My fault?” she asks her confused. What did she do to make her friend be so mad like this? Did eating that last piece of sweet potato the reason? Yena knows how her best friend likes her sweet potato. But she did ask her first.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon was clearly surprised at her own outburst too but she just couldn’t control it. She hasn’t talked to Hyewon for 2 weeks now and it has taken a toll on her. She misses the clingy girl so much, but her ego is getting in the way. And now she takes it out on the next living thing near her.

 

 

 

She does not say anything else and just walks away. Yena watches her go with so much confusion. “What the hell just happened?”

 

 

 

Hyewon was currently in the cafeteria with Eunbi and Minju. Despite ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter