Kkuchaen

Who's the Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

So sorry it took this long. But here's Kkuchaen! I hope you guys enjoy it! 

-

 

As soon as Yena was out of sight, Chaeyeon looks around, noticing only a couple of students left. She rummages through her bag, locating her phone, eager to text someone.

 

 

“You were too obvious.” 

 

 

Chaeyeon giggles as she waits for a reply. The way her girlfriend just ogled her while she passed by earlier is still on Chaeyeon’s mind. Even when they had met last weekend, her girlfriend must’ve felt the same as Chaeyeon did, she thought it wasn’t enough. 

 

 

Chaeyeon waits momentarily, giddy at the thought, but her smile soon turns into a frown at the lack of response. She sighs. It’s always like this. Why isn’t she used to it by now? Knowing the girl, she’s probably sleeping, because she still stays up late at night.

 

 

Chaeyeon checks once again, and it was still the same. She shakes her head as she pockets her phone and finally made her way to class. Hoping she replies before lunch.

 

 

Halfway through the class, the teacher had suddenly left after being called by the principal. Chaeyeon has continuously been checking her phone, but the darkened screen clearly says one thing. 

 

 

She sighs as her attention turns towards her best friend beside her. Chaeyeon watches Yena play with her Nintendo switch. She continues to observe as Yena concentrates on playing oblivious to Chaeyeon’s staring. A few minutes of looking, Yena suddenly stands up and screams out in joy.

 

 

“Yes!”

 

 

Chaeyeon recoils in surprise at the sudden action. Yena apologizes as she sits back down. “Is that really so fun?”

 

 

Yena nods in a heartbeat. “Yep.” Dragging that last p sound.

 

 

Chaeyeon leans forward to take a look at what Yena is playing. She does not actually know what she’s looking at, but she was curious. “Do you play on the computer, too?”

 

 

“Uh, huh,” Yena answers without taking her eyes off the Switch. Chaeyeon continues to watch, trying to understand silently. Chaeyeon noticed there’s this mustache guy with the red hat driving a small car, and they seem to be racing? Or is he trying to catch someone? Chaeyeon does not know.

 

 

“Are you that mustache guy?”

 

 

“mhmm”

 

 

“Are you winning?”

 

 

Yena finally pauses the game to look at her friend. “What’s with the questions? You wanna play?” offering the gadget to Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon shakes her head instantly, raising her hands. “No, no, I was just curious.” She replies, moving back to her side.

 

 

But Yena does not buy it. Chaeyeon being so interested in what she’s playing, is weird. “Why the sudden interest?” Chaeyeon thinks she’d tell her half the truth. “I’m just curious is all. I mean, people do choose to play rather than sleep nowadays.”

 

 

Yena is guilty of that sometimes, but it still does not answer her question. However, knowing Chaeyeon, if the girl does not say the real reason at first go, most likely, it’s because she’s hiding something. So Yena, let’s it go anyways, deciding that Chaeyeon will tell her when she’s ready.

 

 

“Sure, okay.”

 

 

School ends, and Chaeyeon’s phone remains silent, save from a text from her mom saying that she’d be home late. There was no word from her girlfriend at all. To say Chaeyeon is not upset is a lie; the least her gf could do was reply a simple text.

 

 

She looked for her during lunch too, but Minju told her that she went off with Hyewon to the internet cafe across the school. Chaeyeon contemplated on going there, but if Sakura is already playing, she will most likely be ignored.

 

 

She got down from the bus feeling dejected at her girlfriend’s lack of communication and was nearing her home when she felt her phone vibrate. She checks it, and she releases a sigh.

 

 

Jjaeee, I’m so sorry I wasn’t able to reply. I had my phone on silent the whole time T.T. Come over? let me make it up to you. -SakuChan

 

 

Seeing the text honestly made her happy and relieved. She knew Sakura would eventually reply, but she did not expect her to ask her to come over.

 

 

Chaeyeon wanted to reply yes right away, but based on experience, whenever Chaeyeon comes over, Sakura would be busy playing, ultimately not realizing that she’s ignoring her gf. Chaeyeon did not want to be the third wheel between Sakura and her games again.

 

 

Won’t I be in the way of your games?

 

 

Reading that message makes Sakura feel incredibly guilty. She has been neglecting Chaeyeon the past couple of days or weeks even. Not that she was blatantly ignoring her, but she was just too preoccupied. Ever since she became a pro gamer, she has been busy since she needs to play for her to improve continually. 

 

 

Sakura is really lucky that Chaeyeon hasn’t broken up with her. She does not know what she would do if the girl did. Sakura will admit that she did not have strong feelings for Chaeyeon at first. The girl had suddenly confessed to her one day while she was busy playing at the internet cafe across the school.

 

 

“H-Hii, I think you’re really cool, and I- I- would like to take you out sometime.”

 

 

Sakura was pleasantly surprised, she’s used to being confessed to, boys and girls alike, but mostly it’s from dweebs like herself. But Chaeyeon was different; Chaeyeon is the other side of the coin, and Sakura was intrigued. The girl even spoke in Japanese, and that is definitely plus points for the effort.

 

 

And yet Sakura did not feel anything else aside from flattery, so she rejected her. Maybe it was out of habit? That maybe it. But she wasn’t interested in anything apart from her games at that moment. And she would hate to lead the girl on.

 

 

“I’m sorry.” 

 

 

She apologizes, waiting for the waterworks. But surprisingly, Chaeyeon’s face remained the same. No, she was actually smiling, like she was expecting it. Sakura thought the girl would at least be sad, but Chaeyeon was quite different. In fact, she was calm.

 

 

“I still like to be friends, is that okay?” Chaeyeon smiles, if not for her shaking hands, Sakura would have thought she didn’t just reject her.

 

 

All Sakura could do was nod. Rejecting her twice would leave a bad taste in . And besides, the girl wanted to be friends, just friends. Nothing’s wrong with that.

 

 

Or so she had thought. When Sakura agreed to be friends, she didn’t know that it was the perfect opportunity for Chaeyeon to win her over. And she did not even see it coming.

 

 

Chaeyeon is a naturally caring person. That is what she first learned about the girl. And this is to everyone she meets. No matter who it was, young, old, boy, girl, it doesn’t matter, she showed care far beyond anyone else would do. This attitude is what sets her apart from most people. But to Sakura, this felt different. This is something she has not experienced before. No one had ever shown her care, nor has anyone ever made her felt special. To Chaeyeon, this was her. This was her normal. 

 

 

Sakura didn’t know then that those warm looks, tiny smiles, soft touches would make her feel the rumored ‘butterflies in the stomach’ thing that has been going around the school lately.

 

 

People were talking about crushes and how they would feel giddy when said crushes give them attention. It did not cross Sakura’s mind then; honestly, she could care less about those crushes until, of course, she experienced it firsthand.

 

 

She didn’t understand why she had felt all those things whenever Chaeyeon is near. Just one smile from the girl, the butterflies go overdrive in her stomach. 

 

 

Sakura was scared less, too scared that she had tried to distance herself. Still, because of how Chaeyeon is, how she’s all bright smiles and warm gazes, the second Sakura was away, she instantly felt the girl’s absence, she felt cold. She didn’t know she could miss someone so much. 

 

 

When she talked to Chaeyeon after that, the girl was still all bright smiles and warm gazes. Still, the difference this time is that Sakura was mirroring the same smiles and gazes, if not more, more luminous and more temperate.

 

 

“I miss you” was the first thing that came out of as soon as she sat down opposite Chaeyeon at the table of the coffee shop near the girl’s place.

 

 

It has been a week since they had last talked to each other because of Sakura’s stupidity, and she finally grew a brain and called the girl to meet. 

 

 

Chaeyeon’s expression softens, reaching out a hand which Sakura carefully places her own on top “Then don’t do that again.”

 

 

Sakura instantly felt the warmth come back.

 

 

Eventually, Sakura fell in love, hard. She doesn’t know exactly when, but she did. She was free falling fast, and she doesn’t know when it would stop. Throughout Chaeyeon’s courting or what Sakura presumes as courting, since the younger would quickly defend that she just wants to be friends, but Sakura thought otherwise. Sakura thought they were exclusively dating.

 

 

She thought that when she realized her feelings and Chaeyeon had confessed before, they would naturally be a couple. So, when Chaeyeon talks to other people, Sakura would get jealous, even more, when Chaeyeon’s naturally caring façade would show. Sakura had initially been speculating she wouldn’t develop these scary feelings. But it was not hard to fall in love with Chaeyeon, and she was everything Sakura isn’t. She thought she’d go out with someone like herself, someone who enjoys games and anime. Kinda like her friend Hyewon. But no, she just had to fall in love with the complete opposite.

 

 

And Sakura does not regret that one bit. Falling in love with Chaeyeon can’t even compare to winning in her games…. sometimes.

 

 

Chaeyeon felt disappointed that Sakura had not replied earlier and added that the girl would most likely ignore her again. Chaeyeon was in a dilemma.

 

 

I won’t play tonight. I want to spend time with you. -SakuChan

 

 

Chaeyeon had to re-read the message a couple of times. She does not doubt the second sentence, but the first was obviously something debatable. She does not know what to reply, and while she was pondering, another text comes in.

 

 

It was a picture of her gf, pouting and looking so cute. And below is a message, “babe, I really wanna see you.”

 

 

Chaeyeon can never resist whenever her gf acts like this. Despite her earlier chagrin, she still wants to be with Sakura. And even if the girl does turn out playing anyways, Chaeyeon will always be happy to be watching her gf on the side.

 

 

A few hours later, Chaeyeon finally arrives at Sakura’s apartment. She takes out her keys and quickly gets in. Since Sakura is a Japanese exchange student, her family is in Japan, leaving the girl to live in Korea alone. She gave Chaeyeon a key because she is usually already in front of her pc when the girl comes in, leaving Chaeyeon to wait outside for hours.

 

 

Stepping inside the familiar place, with her backpack over her shoulder, Chaeyeon walks further in. “Saku chan?” she calls out when the girl is nowhere around — eyeing the mess that is currently the girl’s living room.

 

 

“I’m in my room Jjae!” she could hear Sakura’s muffled reply.

 

 

Chaeyeon quickly makes her way towards the room, opening it ready to scold her girlfriend about the mess. Still, she is greeted instead by the sight of her girlfriend sitting cross-legged on the bed, holding a bowl of popcorn, smiling so wide at her.

 

 

“Movie marathon?” 

 

 

Chaeyeon remains unmoving by the door, her initial purpose forgotten. She was undeniably shocked at what she’s looking at. Usually, whenever she comes over, Sakura would be busy on the computer or her switch, only managing a “Hey Jjae” and peck on the cheek before her attention returns to the screen.

 

 

So, this scene leaves Chaeyeon stupefied. Sakura tilts her head at Chaeyeon’s strange behavior.

 

 

“Jjae? Come here,” she says, patting the empty side of the bed.

 

 

Chaeyeon looks towards the right to Sakura’s computer. The screen was dark, with no colorful lights on the keyboards, desk clean of chips and soda cans. Then she looks back at her girlfriend, who was wearing her favorite loose pink shirt and adorable glasses on and was now crawling towards the end of the bed looking at her with a weird glint.

 

 

Sakura gets off the bed and walks barefoot towards the unmoving Chaeyeon. Her hand reaches up, and she takes the backpack off the girl’s shoulders and placing it on the floor. Then she looks back at her girlfriend, standing on her toes, putting her arms around the girl’s neck, pulling her down to her level, and kissing her on the lips.

 

 

Chaeyeon does not respond right away, and she could feel Sakura pouting before breaking away to look at Chaeyeon with a sulking face.

 

 

“Jjae, kiss me back.”

 

 

Chaeyeon blinks seeming to have finally regained her consciousness. “Is this for real?” 

 

 

Chaeyeon finally says something, and it just had to be something ridiculous. Sakura frowns further.

 

 

“Yah, you’re making me feel worse than I already do. I know I haven’t been paying you much attention, but that’s why I want to make it up to you.”

 

 

Chaeyeon knows Sakura is trying, but after days or weeks of constantly competing with a screen for the attention of her gf, Chaeyeon had a right to feel surprised.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Saku chan, this really caught me off guard,” Chaeyeon explains, finally moving her arms to caress the girl’s face.

 

 

Sakura leans on Chaeyeon’s palm, closing her eyes and sighs. “I don’t blame you Jjae, not one bit.”

 

 

She opens her eyes again and looks at Chaeyeon. “I haven’t been the best gf to you lately, and I’m really sorry.”

 

 

Chaeyeon shakes her head and leans forward to kiss Sakura on the forehead. “No, it’s okay, Saku chan. I’m okay. I’m happy to spend time with you now.” 

 

 

Sakura wants to say something, but the way Chaeyeon is smiling stops her. “So, can I kiss you back now?” Chaeyeon cheekily asks.

 

 

Sakura laughs. “You don’t need to ask you know?” she replies while leaning forward to meet Chaeyeon’s waiting lips, having forgotten what she wanted to say.

 

 

And the two finally kissed. They kiss just like how it was the first time in a long time. It’s as if they want to convey how they missed each other with this kiss. 

 

 

Chaeyeon breaks away first, as Sakura follows her, still puckering her lips, eyes closed, eyebrow scrunched together, displaying her displeasure at the action. Chaeyeon chuckles, before planting a small peck at Sakura’s lips, stopping her girlfriend’s forward movement.

 

 

Sakura opens her eyes and frowns, “Why did you stop?”

 

 

Chaeyeon shakes her head “Aren’t we going to watch a movie? I need to go home in two hours.”

 

 

“What? Just stay the night Jjae”

 

 

Chaeyeon wanted to, but she did not expect that she would have to stay over, so she did not ask her parents, plus she did not prepare anything.

 

 

“I’d love that Saku chan, but we still have school tomorrow, so I don’t think my parents would like that plus its such short notice.”

 

 

Sakura understands, she knows that it was a long shot; nevertheless, she still has two hours with Chaeyeon, so at least it wasn’t a complete loss. But she knows that it’s not enough, she has been missing Chaeyeon’s presence a lot and two hours is just not enough. She needs a lot more doses of Chaeyeon. 

 

 

“Okay, but how about we go on a date this weekend?”

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

Sakura nods.

 

 

“And it’s not in an internet cafe or anywhere near it?”

 

 

Sakura laughs and nods. “Yes, No games on our date. Let’s go to that Zoo on the other side of town where you’ve always wanted to go.”

 

 

Chaeyeon looks at Sakura like she grew two heads. She could not believe it. Seeing Chaeyeon’s reaction, Sakura felt shameful. Has she really been neglecting Chaeyeon too much?

 

 

“I promise, babe. I’m all yours this weekend.” 

 

 

But Chaeyeon frowns, “Only this weekend?”

 

 

Sakura laughs at how adorable Chaeyeon is being. She slowly reaches out, cupping Chaeyeon’s puffy cheeks, kissing her on the forehead. 

 

 

“Not only this weekend Jjae, but I’m also yours 

 

 

today, 

 

 

she kisses her cheeks next, 

 

 

tomorrow, 

 

 

then her nose, 

 

 

forever “

 

 

ending on her lips

 

 

They both smile at the kiss; eyes focus solely on each other as they break away, face red as a tomato, and butterflies in their stomachs.

 

 

“And you’re mine forever, too, okay?”

 

 

The week dragged on much to Chaeyeon’s disliking, but their supposed games free date is tomorrow. And Chaeyeon can’t’ help but be excited. She couldn’t remember when their last date where they didn’t end up in some internet cafe was. She thinks there wasn’t even a time that it ever happened. That thought made Chaeyeon panic; she immediately sets off to get her phone while it was currently charging, scrolling down to a specific contact.

 

 

“Hey, baby, what’s up?”

 

 

“That was fast...”

 

 

“What?

 

 

“Nothing. Anyways, where are we meeting tomorrow again?”

 

 

“The Zoo. How could you forget?”

 

 

“Right. Right. Where are we eating again?”

 

 

“Um... we haven’t decided between going for that Italian place we went to once or having samgyupsal instead “

 

 

“Uh, huh. Okay, those are in Itaewon.”

 

 

Sakura knows something is up, “Jjaeyeon? Are you okay?” she finally asks.

 

 

“Hmm? Yeah, I’m fine” Chaeyeon could hear Sakura sigh. The girl could see right through her.

 

 

“This is really going overboard. Lee Jjaeyeon. I promise you I’ll be the best gf tomorrow. NO GAMES.”

 

 

“I wasn’t- “

 

 

“I know you, babe. And it’s okay. Just get some sleep, and I’ll see you tomorrow, okay? Can’t wait to see you.”

 

 

Chaeyeon still could not believe it. It’s not like she doesn’t trust Sakura, but she just can’t help but be doubtful. Her gf loves games as much as she loves her, if not more, so Sakura giving up games for one whole day is just something Chaeyeon could not fathom. Nevertheless, she’ll give her gf the benefit of the doubt; she should not dwell on it too much, Sakura is trying, so she should be happy about that. So, after telling her girlfriend ‘Good night and can’t wait to see you, too’ she finally decided to sleep.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon could not believe she overslept. After they ended the call last night, she went to bed feeling better, but she forgot to set the alarm. Thus, it is the reason why she’s currently running a marathon. She texted Sakura that she’s going to be a bit late, and the girl only replied, “It’s okay, just don’t stand me up ;)” Chaeyeon felt more apologetic since it meant that Sakura was already there.

 

 

She’s finally only a couple of blocks away, pausing to catch her breath. Her eyes look towards their meeting place, trying to catch a glimpse; she quickly spots her girlfriend. And the scene left her even more breathless. Her dweeb of a girlfriend sheds those comfortable pants and wears a dress instead. And as if she was hypnotized, Chaeyeon’s feet immediately gravitate towards the girl. Sakura turns around at that moment as if she knew Chaeyeon was approaching. Sakura’s smile widens as Chaeyeon comes closer.

 

 

“Glad you could finally join me” Sakura jokes 

 

 

But it does not get the reaction she had wanted. In fact, she found Chaeyeon staring at her without saying anything instead.

 

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

 

“You’re in a dress.” Was all Chaeyeon says.

 

 

Sakura raises an eyebrow, “So what? You’re in a dress too.”

 

 

“Which by the way you look, absolutely beautiful in.”

 

 

Chaeyeon looks away, blushing. When Chaeyeon averts her eyes, Sakura looks down at what she’s wearing. She had decided to dress up since it’s been a while since they went on a date, and she wanted to look pretty in front of Chaeyeon. But Chaeyeon’s initial reaction is not what she had expected. 

 

 

“Do I look weird?” Sakura asks, now feeling conscious.

 

 

Chaeyeon immediately looks back at Sakura, all the while shaking her head. “No! You look beautiful.”

 

 

“Yeah?” Sakura asks suddenly, feeling shy with the way Chaeyeon is checking her out.

 

 

Chaeyeon nods, still admiring her girlfriend, looking her up and down. “I kinda want to kiss you right now, to be honest.”

 

 

Sakura could feel her cheeks heat up, which was completely out of the blue. “I… okay...” she finally manages to say.

 

 

That’s all it took for Chaeyeon to step forward, leaning closer, Sakura’s eyes automatically close only to open it again when she felt the warmth land on her cheeks instead.

 

 

“Yah!” Sakura complains, only making Chaeyeon laugh.

 

 

“What? I kissed you, didn’t I?”

 

 

Sakura moves to say something, but she can’t refute it since technically Chaeyeon did kiss her even if it’s not where she wanted. 

 

 

Chaeyeon notices the sad face she was wearing as she moves closer to Sakura, pulling her arm towards her. “Don’t be mad; you look so beautiful today, let’s not destroy it with you scowling...

even though you look beautiful either way.”

 

 

Sakura tried so hard to stay mad, but the way Chaeyeon is clinging to her and smiling, she can’t help but feel giddy. “That’s good, I put a lot of effort” reveals Sakura as she smiles bashfully at the girl.

 

 

Chaeyeon releases her hold and moves back, gesturing to herself. “I put a lot of effort too.”

 

 

They both laugh at the ridiculousness of it, acting as if it’s their first-ever date.

 

 

“Let’s go then,” Sakura says, extending her hand for Chaeyeon to take.

 

 

Chaeyeon does not take it right away and looks to her side instead as if she was searching for something.

 

 

“What is it this time?” 

 

 

“No switch?”

 

 

Sakura sighs, “No, I left it at home. Don’t worry,” reaching for her hand again, gripping on it tightly. “Come on; I wanna see the bears. They are so cute and huge, and they always remind me of you.”

 

 

“Yah! You mean the cute part, right?”

 

 

“Sure,” Sakura replies, but Chaeyeon could see it. She knows she was teasing her.

 

 

Chaeyeon was still in slight disbelief at first. But when she saw how Sakura was skipping excitedly, taking pictures, always searching for her hand as they walk around the place, Chaeyeon finally lets loose. 

 

 

Both of them in a dress, they were flabbergasted at the sight of each other. Chaeyeon never expected Sakura would look like such a girl. She always saw her in casual outfits, shorts, loose shirts, chips all over her face, typical gamer façade. But not this time. This time, she’s in front of a lady. Lady-like, at least. And Chaeyeon can’t help but get butterflies every time she looks at her.

 

 

Nevertheless, they went on with their date. Both are feeling excited about spending time together. But this was quite different for Chaeyeon. Sakura was usually not attentive – just playing video games, browsing her phone, leaving the real world in place of her virtual world. Still, this time, Sakura’s eyes were fixated on Chaeyeon; her warm hands were gripping on hers in place of her game consoles, attention solely on her not on the screen which felt really nice but new, for sure. 

 

 

“Jjaeyeon!! Look, there’s the bears! Aren’t they cute?” Sakura exclaims, pulling Chaeyeon with her, breaking the girl’s thoughts.

 

 

Chaeyeon lets herself get pulled, completely surrendering herself to this Sakura. And Chaeyeon does not mind one bit.

 

 

“Yah Saku chan, I’m cuter, though, right?” 

 

 

Sakura looks back, pulling at her cheeks, “Of course, you big baby.”

 

 

And the date went on that way for the rest of the day. Just two high school girls in love, having the best day at the Zoo. 

 

 

After hours of walking around, both trying to get to all the animals at the Zoo, ultimately, the exhaustion comes, and the two leaves the Zoo hand in hand, with matching grins.

 

 

They sat down, had a meal to eat, and a good conversation while they’re at it. They talked about so many things that their food went cold. They talked about adopting pets, kids perhaps. Building their dream home, landscaping their lawn, everything an average couple would talk about. 

 

 

Everything except video games. 

 

 

This was nice for Chaeyeon. She never thought she deserved this kind of attention since Sakura was always thinking about something else. Chaeyeon thought in her mind that she should cherish this moment since anything could happen. This could quickly go south, but of course, she was praying it wouldn’t. They continue their date through dessert with a slice of their favorite strawberry cheesecake. Chaeyeon was a bit hesitant because she was getting bigger but, the way Sakura was excited about it makes her concede.

 

 

While Chaeyeon was telling a story about something about Yena being an idiot again, she was taken aback when Sakura suddenly takes a piece of cake and offering it to her.

 

 

“Say ahh.” 

 

 

Chaeyeon was astounded, she thought Sakura was acting weird before, but now this is really something out of the ordinary. 

 

 

“Okay, this is really something else,” She says as she takes the fork and places it down on the plate.

 

 

Sakura looks at her, confused, “What?”

 

 

“Why are you suddenly weird?”

 

 

Sakura tilts her head, “What do you mean?”

 

 

“I don’t know just the way you are today, not that I don’t like it, I absolutely love it, but it’s just something unusual.” Chaeyeon rambles, trying so hard to explain what she noticed.

 

 

“Unusual in what way? I don’t understand.” 

 

 

Chaeyeon wipes at her face, this is not going so well. So, she decided to change the question. “Why are you suddenly not busy? Did you finally get bored of playing?

 

 

Sakura looks slightly offended but shrugs, “That will never happen Jjae, I’m a pro, remember?”

 

 

Chaeyeon is not surprised but is still curious. “Then what is it?”

 

 

“Can’t I just hang out with my gf without some motive?”

 

 

Chaeyeon watches her for a while but is still not convinced. “Well, of course, you can spend time with me, but this is just not you, giving up games for a whole day? It’s just so hard to believe. So, what is it?”

 

 

Sakura was left speechless for a whole minute, “I promised I’ll be the best girlfriend today, remember? I want to make it up to you.”

 

 

“That’s just it, you are doing the best job at that right now, but I find it unsettling why you make it sound that you’ll only do that for today? There must be something.”

 

 

Sakura’s façade finally cracks. Her girlfriend really knows her, apparently too well. She struggles to let words out, trying to form what she’s going to say in her head.

 

 

“Tell me?” 

 

 

Sakura sighs, reaching for Chaeyeon hands. She smiles when Chaeyeon does not pull away. “Okay. So, I’m going to be busy for the next two weeks. There’s this small tournament in Gangnam. It’s not that big, but It’s for practice.”

 

 

Again, Chaeyeon is not surprised; it will always be her vs. games when it comes to Sakura.

 

 

“I might not be able to spend time for those two weeks,” Sakura continues, observing Chaeyeon’s reaction, running her thumb across Chaeyeon’s hand.

 

 

And guess which wins. Chaeyeon just nods. “Okay, I guess this week can help me last the two weeks.”

 

 

Sakura was honestly surprised; she was bracing herself for Chaeyeon’s reaction, but she couldn’t help but feel frustrated. “Are you okay with it?” 

 

 

Chaeyeon nods trying to shake the gloominess. “I’m okay, Saku chan; I’m happy that we at least got to spend time together this weekend.”

 

 

And yet another one of Chaeyeon’s natural caring personality at its display. As kind as Chaeyeon is, she also never ever gets mad. She might feel disappointed but never mad. And Sakura is worried that she keeps it all bottled up.

 

 

“Jjae...” Sakura wanted to say more, no she wanted Chaeyeon to say something in the likes of “So you were bribing me all along? Or “I’m mad at you” anything just as long as Sakura could see that Chaeyeon is not holding herself back.

 

 

Chaeyeon tilts her head, clearly does not understand what Sakura wants her to do. “Was I not supposed to say that?”

 

 

Sakura’s eyes widen, that is so not the point. “It’s not that, are you not mad?”

 

 

Chaeyeon blinks, “No? I was a bit sad and disappointed but not mad. I can never get mad at you.”

 

 

Sakura sighs, getting increasingly frustrated. “Why?”

 

 

“What do you mean, why?” Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter