KwonChaeng

Who's the Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwonchaeng won!~
----

 

Chaeyeon was walking to her class, she has been surprised at Yena’s sudden question that she needed time to collect herself for a few minutes. All the students seemed to have disappeared leaving her alone walking through the halls.

 

 

She continues her trek passing by the janitor’s closet, she did not think any of it until it suddenly opens, and she was being pulled inside. Once she’s in, someone pushes her towards the door, pulling on her head down by her shirt.

 

 

“WHaa…mfmmf” Chaeyeon’s sounds of surprise were silenced when she felt a warm pair of lips crashing unto hers. She stiffens with shock for a few seconds at the sudden action before finally kissing back.

 

 

She could feel the stranger smile when she did, as hands snake their way around her neck tugging her further down to their level. Chaeyeon places her hands on the person’s waist pulling them closer, as she too gets comfortable. 

 

 

They kiss for as long as they could without the need of air, clawing at each other’s clothing, in an attempt to be nearer. But ultimately the need to breathe became vital and the two finally breaks away, resting their foreheads, panting and gaze misty.

 

 

“Hi” The stranger breaks the silence, being able to calm her nerves first.

 

 

Chaeyeon smiles, still heaving from what just transpired. “Hi Eunbi Unnie”

 

 

Eunbi shakes her head pouting. “We’re alone right now babe, don’t call me that”

 

 

“Ah right, sorry baby”

 

 

As soon as the words escape Chaeyeon’s mouth, Eunbi captures her lips again for a second round. Chaeyeon eagerly accepts it, responding with the same ardor.

 

 

Before things get any more heated, Eunbi breaks away first, resting her head on Chaeyeon’s chest, taking deep breaths “Gosh, you calling me baby, makes me feel hot and tingly like there’s butterflies flying around my insides”

 

 

“Baby... I like it when you’re hot and tingly with butterflies flying around your insides” Chaeyeon replying seductively, planting small kisses on Eunbi’s head.

 

 

Eunbi looks up looking at Chaeyeon as if she wants to devour her right there and then. But before anything could happen, Chaeyeon suddenly kisses the tip of her nose and giggles.

 

 

“Babe, I know that look” Chaeyeon cheekily says, making her girlfriend frown. But Chaeyeon shakes her head and continues.

 

 

“We are not...” she pauses because Eunbi is giving her this very tempting look, lip biting and eyes daze as if she was hypnotizing her and Chaeyeon is having a hard time concentrating.  “No never in the janitor’s closet. Our first should be special.”

 

 

“But I miss you”

 

 

Chaeyeon laughs “Like I didn’t know that already. The way you were looking earlier says everything.”

 

 

“Chaee...” Eunbi continues to whine, hitting her shoulder playfully.

 

 

Chaeyeon is still so amazed at Eunbi’s rapid change of demeanor. How she was being so flirtatious one second then being so adorable next. That is honestly, one of the reasons why Chaeyeon is so taken by the older.

 

 

Of course, the girl is smart, talented, gorgeous, y, beautiful all the adjectives that most people would describe her girlfriend, but Chaeyeon truly thinks that Eunbi being cute is the best. Maybe because the older seemed to only be that way around her. And Chaeyeon feels lucky to have the privilege. And also, the older is such a great kisser, which is a welcome bonus.

 

 

“Chaaaeyeeeoniieee” Eunbi doesn’t seem to want to stop unless, Chaeyeon does something. The older keeps on tugging unto Chaeyeon’s shirt.

 

 

All Chaeyeon could do was laugh,

 

 

“We can continue later, after practice” Chaeyeon whispers, at Eunbi’s earlobe. Giving shivers down the older’s spine. “Baby”

 

 

Eunbi, could not take it anymore, as she tries to devour Chaeyeon’s lips again, but due to her sudden action, she did not see the mop that was standing by the door and she hits it with her elbow, making it fall to the ground with a loud crash.

 

 

The two jumps back in a jolt. Eunbi smiles guiltily.

 

 

“Oppps. Didn’t see that there”

 

 

Chaeyeon cracks up. Yep, her girlfriend is just too cute.

 

 

“I guess that’s our cue to stop” she says as she turns to open the door, checking for anyone around. When it’s clear there was no one out there, Chaeyeon looks back at her girlfriend.

 

 

“I’ll go first unnie” she says as she smoothly moves out the door in a quick motion.

 

 

Eunbi pouts. “Yah!” barely able to register what just happened. But not a second later, the door opens again, and Chaeyeon’s head pops back in.

 

 

“See you at practice baby” she says leaning in to give Eunbi a quick kiss before moving back and closing the door.

 

 

Eunbi was in a daze. She wanted to be the one to catch the girl off guard but then she turns it back to her. Eunbi shakes her head but a smile remains. That girl will be the death of her.

 

 

At that moment, Eunbi does not seem to mind that happening.

 

 

After classes, Chaeyeon makes her way towards the dance studio. One of the reasons why Chaeyeon chose to enroll in this school is because they support aspiring dancers like herself by having their own dance program.

 

 

Today is yet another practice day for the dance club. They have been practicing for the past 3 months for one of the biggest interschool dance competitions, which will be held by the end of the year.

 

 

Chaeyeon is considered to be one of the best dancers and choreographer amongst high school students along with Eunbi. Her passion for dancing started way before she could barely walk. As Chaeyeon’s best friend Yena would say “Chaeyeon has been dancing as she came out of the womb”

 

 

Chaeyeon had felt embarrassed whenever Yena would say that out of the blue at the new recruits. Yes, Yena is also part of the same club. Which at this point Chaeyeon does not know if it’s a good thing or not with how many times she teases her.

 

 

Not long, the door to the dance studio is now within Chaeyeon’s sight, as the girl strides towards it wearing her favorite white top and black trainers rolled up in one side.

 

 

She turns the knob, pushing the door open, welcomed by soft music sounds coming from the speakers, she easily spots her girlfriend warming up alone.

 

 

Give it to her girlfriend to be just ahead of time. Eunbi’s passion for dancing is on par with Chaeyeon’s. That is one of the reasons the two were so drawn to each other.

 

 

They first met each other when Eunbi was passing by the street when she came from the convenience store. Chaeyeon was engrossed into her dancing for a dare she lost. At first, it was only her friends, so the crowd was a pleasant surprise but Chaeyeon did not mind it, in fact she enjoyed it.

 

 

Eunbi’s eyes were immediately drawn to the girl who was dancing so effortlessly with so much contentment and happiness. Her feet stood in place, her eyes following each movement Chaeyeon makes.

 

 

Their eyes meet, and both could already feel a small fire burning from inside. The way Chaeyeon had smiled at Eunbi with sweat running down her face, the way Eunbi was staring back as Chaeyeon performs each move without missing a beat. The two didn’t know then but a connection has already been drawn.

 

 

Chaeyeon observes as Eunbi stretches alone facing the wall, all the while admiring each form, each curve her girlfriend makes as  she continues to stretch without the knowledge of someone peeping.

 

 

She watches as every move the girl makes, her assets become more noticeable, making Chaeyeon feel tingly and warm.

 

 

Eunbi finally stands up and stretches her neck, giving Chaeyeon the perfect opportunity to tiptoe behind her, snaking her arms around the girl’s waist and whispering into her ear.

 

 

“Hi”

 

 

Eunbi was startled for a few seconds but calms down when she recognizes the voice. “Chae…” she exhales as she leans back on the taller girl’s front.

 

 

Chaeyeon kisses Eunbi’s exposed neck, planting small kisses there.

 

 

“Chae...mhm...that feels nice...but...” Eunbi had struggled to say something, but every time she tries to utter words, Chaeyeon would bite on her skin. “We’re… still in…school... some...umm...one... might come in...” Eunbi protests by words but her actions say the opposite as she stretches her neck further, eyes closed and hands gripping hard on her shirt, giving the younger better access.

 

 

“I thought you missed me?” Chaeyeon snuggles into her neck, working her way up towards Eunbi’s cheeks, passing by her earlobe biting on it. She then moves further, while turning Eunbi’s body around to face her, to capture those luscious lips.

 

 

Eunbi falls in a trance as everything happens fast, Chaeyeon’s hands starts to wander but the sounds of footsteps and chattering slowly approaching, instantly stops her as she moves back, trying to keep her face calm. Eunbi on the other hand took a few more seconds to comprehend what is happening as she still stood daze staring at Chaeyeon, asking silently why she stopped.

 

 

“They’re coming” Chaeyeon says panicked

 

 

Eunbi’s eyes widen as she immediately fixes her hair. Both girls avoid eye contact as the doors open and in comes the rest of the club members.

 

 

“Good afternoon, Sunbaenim” a girl with duck lips greets Eunbi first before moving to the side, high fiving Chaeyeon. The others follow through, greeting and bowing.

 

 

Eunbi does not bat an eye before walking away.

 

 

The club members are not surprised, they are used to Eunbi’s stoic attitude. But Chaeyeon still feels bad, she knows they are careful around the girl.

 

 

“Hey Yena.” Chaeyeon approaches her friend who was already stretching by the side.

 

 

Yena looks at her with a knowing glint.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

Yena smirks. “Red face, red ears, disheveled hair, avoiding eye contact... both you and leadernim did the mfmffm...”

 

 

Chaeyeon immediately jumps on Yena, hands straight at the girl’s mouth trying to stop the duck from quacking. Yena’s eyes widen at Chaeyeon’s actions. She was just teasing the girl because she knew about Chaeyeon’s crush, but her reactions seemed to have revealed something.

 

 

Yena looks at her so surprised and Chaeyeon knew she screwed up. She has a lot of explaining to do. Yena was struggling to shake away Chaeyeon’s hands, she has a lot of questions for her best friend.

 

 

Their commotion seemed to bring them the attention of the rest of the group.

 

 

“Chaeyeon, Yena. What are you girls being noisy about?” Eunbi’s cold authorative voice echoes around the room, making the two stop what they were doing and the other members silent and unmoving like statues.

 

 

Once Eunbi gets like this, the air feels incredibly heavy. The silence goes one for a few more seconds before Yena decides to do something about it.

 

 

“Sorry Leader nim!” Yena apologizes first, bowing instantly. Eunbi’s eyes then turns to Chaeyeon, waiting for her to talk.

 

 

“I…” Chaeyeon struggled to make words out, but the way Eunbi is looking at her prevents her. The way she was being the cold and strict Sunbae she’s known for stops any words from coming out.

 

 

Eunbi sighs and shakes her head, “Just keep it down”

 

 

Chaeyeon could feel the approachability of Eunbi fade away, the complete opposite from her demeanor earlier. Chaeyeon knew that it is just a front and she hates it. Eunbi always appeared cold around people because she does not want anyone taking advantage of her. Chaeyeon understands that she does but it doesn’t make it okay.

 

 

She gives Yena look assuring the girl that they will talk as she glances towards her girlfriend who was again busy monitoring on the iPad. She could see her walls up again and Chaeyeon can’t help but feel helpless at the sight.

 

 

It honestly pained Chaeyeon remembering her girlfriend’s story. They were in their first year of dating and it was Eunbi’s birthday. Chaeyeon prepared a lot of surprises for Eunbi.

 

 

The girl brought her to the same spot where they first met. At that time, Chaeyeon was dancing for the crowd, but this time she was dancing for Eunbi, and Eunbi alone. She wants to express her feelings for the girl, and dancing is their language.

 

 

Chaeyeon did not practice, she didn’t need to because as soon as the song starts, her body moves in its own, moving to every beat controlled by her emotions for the girl in front of her.

 

 

She hopes Eunbi could feel it. No, she knows she does. She’s listening.

 

 

At the end of the dance, they didn’t notice a crowd has gathered until they heard the applause. But two eyes remained connected, one looking so adoringly the other full of tears.

 

 

Chaeyeon ignores the crowd and immediately ran over to Eunbi, offering her hand which Eunbi takes immediately. Chaeyeon does not know where they are going but she wanted to go to a place where they can be alone, it didn’t matter where just as long as she has Eunbi there.

 

 

They arrive at a park, after minutes of running. Chaeyeon had no specific reason to come here but she could feel that both of them are tired at least it was evident in Eunbi’s slowing pace. She leads Eunbi towards one of the benches. They settle down, both still catching their breath, waiting for the adrenaline to calm down. They stare at each other with bashful smiles, contented with the calmness of the place. Chaeyeon’s eye caught something and she stands up.

 

 

“Wait here. I’ll be quick”

 

 

She was already running away before Eunbi could react. But just like Chaeyeon said, it didn’t take too long before a few minutes later, she could see the girl running back, now with a plastic bag in hand.

 

 

Once Chaeyeon stops in front of her, she offers the bottle to Eunbi, she takes the bottle of water muttering a thanks, with Chaeyeon replying no problem before sitting back beside her with her own bottle.

 

 

Silence envelops them again as both are still reeling from their emotions and apparent marathon. Eunbi who was deeply moved by Chaeyeon’s dance and Chaeyeon who was dazzled by Eunbi’s outpouring of tears.

 

 

“That was so beautiful Chae” Eunbi finally breaks the silence as she looks at Chaeyeon beside her, placing the bottle down. She scoots closer, reaching out to tuck a strand of hair behind Chaeyeon’s ear. “Thank you”

 

 

Chaeyeon remained still, feeling Eunbi’s warm fingers graze her cheek. The tingly feeling is there again as she smiles lovingly back. And as if she was holding something heavy, she takes a deep breath, swallowing the lump in and shakily takes out a small box from her pocket.

 

 

Eunbi watches as Chaeyeon turns towards her, presenting the small box all the while avoiding Eunbi’s eyes.

 

 

“Happy birthday Eunbi unnie”

 

 

Eunbi looks down at the box, then back to Chaeyeon who looked so nervous. The day was already enough for her, Chaeyeon coming over to cook her breakfast in bed, a picnic for lunch, Chaeyeon renting a dance studio for them to dance and most importantly Chaeyeon dancing for her at the place they first laid eyes on each other. Eunbi honestly thought it was enough, just Chaeyeon being there, but just like how Chaeyeon came into her life, the girl still manages to surprise her with every little thing.

 

 

“Chaeyeon ah…”

 

 

“Open it”

 

 

And she did,

 

 

...there she saw the most beautiful silver bracelet, twinkling like the stars in the sky. Eunbi runs her fingers on it, touching the multiple charms. Her fingers touch a pair of trainers first, musical notes next, then a pair of sneakers, as well as an iPod but what caught Eunbi’s attention the most and where her fingers lingered is the words on the little square charm that says: Dance to be free

 

 

Ever since Eunbi’s parents died, Eunbi has become vulnerable to the world. Her relatives took her in, but she felt used, trapped, alone. They only wanted her parent’s money.

 

 

They were angels in front of her but behind, they were already plotting something. When Eunbi found out, she was wrecked. She did not know what to do, she was barely an adult still at 13 so she can’t do anything.

 

 

But then an aunt, introducing herself as her mother’s best friend took her away from that toxic family, she took her to live with her instead. And Eunbi was living better for the first time in years, she was starting to feel less scared of the world.

 

 

But, ultimately Eunbi had learned that all good things do not last. They stab you in the back, instead.

 

 

As It turned out, her so called ‘aunt’ was actually the mastermind of it all. That aunt held a grudge against her mother, she has always been jealous because Eunbi’s mother was everything she isn’t. The way Eunbi’s mother took everything from her, friends, boyfriends and the opportunity to follow her dreams. Everything. She felt cheated. She felt worthless. She wanted to take it all back, everything she thought she deserved more rather than Eunbi’s mom.

 

 

But then, Eunbi’s mother dies, and the best friend could not find solace, she couldn’t find the peace of mind knowing that she couldn’t take what’s hers, so she took it out on the daughter instead.

 

 

It seems petty but that’s because it is. That ‘aunt’could never let go of that jealousy and it blinded her. It blinded her from seeing that what she’s doing is wrong. When she took Eunbi in, she was still full of resentment and she continued to do what she thinks will give her the peace she needed. By hurting Eunbi, the daughter of the woman she despises.

 

 

Eunbi was devastated, her world came crashing down. She felt fragile, like glass. As if any touch would result in her being broken and scattered on the ground and there is no one to pick her pieces up. It hurt her, seeing that ‘aunt’ in jail hurts but what stings more is that she realized that everything were all fake. The smiles, the laughs the hugs, all fake. She couldn’t trust anyone. And she was alone.

 

 

All these helped build Eunbi’s huge walls, and she is now more careful around people. She does not show any ounce of vulnerability. And because of this, she appears frigid; cold even.

 

 

Eunbi manages to stay sane after all of those because she found dancing. She loves it, it made her feel free. It’s her world.

 

 

That is why tears falls down her eyes once again as she read those words. It hit close to her heart because, Dancing to her is what makes her free. When she felt restrained by the people, she thought she could trust, when she thought she couldn’t do anything. When she felt worthless. When she felt alone. Dancing helped her. It was her escape.

 

 

And Chaeyeon giving something so sweet and special like this without knowing what happened to her past, Eunbi thought that it was fate, meeting Chaeyeon was fate.

 

 

“I hope those are happy tears” Chaeyeon asks when Eunbi does not say anything, moving to cup Eunbi’s face making the girl face her, wiping at the tears there. Chaeyeon was taken aback by Eunbi’s tears that she did not know what to do. “I seem to be making you cry a lot today. And it’s your birthday, too”

 

 

Eunbi chuckles as she stretches her arms to pull Chaeyeon into a tender hug. She sniffs, as more tears fall down. “I love you”

 

 

Chaeyeon stiffens, she did not expect that, that was the first. Seeing Eunbi look at her with so much sincerity and love with never ending tears falling down her face, hugging her so tenderly, saying those beautiful words, Chaeyeon’s heart grew warmer.

 

 

“I love you, too” Chaeyeon responds with the same zeal, leaning back to stare at her girlfriend, cupping both of her cheeks and leaning forward to kiss her for the first time. Chaeyeon stops midway, as if asking for permission but Eunbi responds by closing her eyes as her way of accepting.

 

 

So Chaeyeon closed the gap all the while closing the gap of their hearts.

 

 

It was awkward and clumsy, adding Eunbi’s tears but the two did not mind as they both smile into the kiss. They break away wearing matching grins and gazing at each other so fondly.

 

 

“Babe, you’re crying too much.” Chaeyeon says, still trying to wipe at the tears that continue to fall down.

 

 

“I like that”

 

 

Chaeyeon looks at her confused “What?”

 

 

“Don’t call me unnie when we’re alone, okay?”

 

 

Chaeyeon finally gets it as she nods, “Okay”

 

 

“But I thought It was the kiss though” she adds

 

 

This made Eunbi laugh, “Of course I liked that too”

 

 

“Yeah?” Chaeyeon continues to goad.

 

 

“Yeah.” Eunbi nods. Making Chaeyeon smile wide, looking at her with a weird glint. “And yes, you can kiss me again” Eunbi adds, noticing.

 

 

Chaeyeon gave her a bemused look, “I didn’t say- mfmm..”

 

 

It seemed Eunbi had the upper hand this time, silencing Chaeyeon’s teasing by pulling her by the collar and kissing her again. To say Chaeyeon wasn’t stunned is a lie, ‘cause she is more than that, her mind is blowned.

 

 

Eunbi’s soft lips against her own, moving like she wants to devour hers, Chaeyeon felt dazed.

 

 

“You were saying?” Eunbi taunts at her winking.

 

 

“I..love you..”

 

 

“Mmm I like that too” Eunbi smiles as she rests her head on Chaeyeon’s shoulder. Being here with Chaeyeon, feeling so loved, she is now ready. “Let me tell you my story”

 

 

Chaeyeon was staring blankly as she remembers how angry and helpless, she felt while she was listening. How could anyone do this to one of the most precious human being to ever exist. She was too preoccupied that she did not notice someone had approached her.

 

 

“Chaeyeon unnie, please teach me this move right here” a blue-haired girl approaches Chaeyeon.

 

 

“Hm what?”

 

 

“Are you okay unnie?” Yujin asks

 

 

“Oh yeah I ‘am. What were you saying?”

 

 

“I need help with this move…”

 

 

“Oh, sure Yujin ah” Chaeyeon smiles regaining her composure. Taking the iPad and checking which move Yujin was talking about.

 

 

“This is how you do it” Chaeyeon proceeded to explain, showing it as she does so. The two were busy that they did not notice that the other members were starting to slowly form a circle around the girl.

 

 

Eunbi watches as all the members gather around Chaeyeon. She watches as the members were all asking Chaeyeon to teach them the dance that Eunbi choreographed well not all, but she did the most. She knows for a fact that Chaeyeon is exceptionally talented, she is witness to that but Eunbi felt a bit off at the scene. And she has no idea why.

 

 

But practice still went underway smoothly and it was not long before it finally ends, and everyone was already getting ready to go home.

 

 

Eunbi was packing her stuff alone after showering. Nothing new there since she and Chaeyeon are keeping their relationship a secret as per her request but the girl would usually stay later.

 

 

But, Chaeyeon had texted her that she’s hanging out with Yena for a bit and will come over after so Eunbi decides to drop by the store on her own and just wait for Chaeyeon at her apartment. Since Eunbi is an orphan she lives alone at an apartment a couple minutes away from school. She does YouTube videos in order to earn money to pay for her living expenses

 

 

Because of this, she is fairly popular online. She’s not complaining because she gets to do her favorite thing in the world and get paid for it, but she does feel lonely. That is why, Chaeyeon mostly stays over a lot.

 

 

Eunbi stops by the restroom before she left, when she suddenly overhears a conversation from behind the stall. She wanted to leave but the mention of her name stops her hold on the stall’s lock.

 

 

“Hey, did you see Eunbi sunbaenim’s new video?” a girl starts

 

 

“Oh yes! She was awesome!” replies her friend

 

 

“Yeah, she is, but don’t you think Chaeyeon is, too?”

 

 

“Of course! I even think Chaeyeon is a bit better than her.”

 

 

“Hey! What if she hears you?”

 

 

But the girl seems unbothered, “So what? I mean it’s the truth. Chaeyeon’s moves feels lighter, as if she could fly”

 

 

“Yah! If she hears you, she’ll definitely come at you”

 

 

The threat doesn’t seem to work as the student continues to babble “That is also one of the things Chaeyeon is better at, she’s very friendly and kind, unlike Eunbi. I hope Chaeyeon makes a YouTube channel so that I can subscribe”

 

 

“I guess I want that, too. I mean what will being popular do if your attitude is bad” her friend says back agreeing.

 

 

A few more minutes pass and the two students finally leave the restroom. It takes Eunbi a few more seconds before she emerges from the stall, walking out the restroom without stopping.

 

 

As she was leaving, someone suddenly puts a hand on her shoulder.

 

 

“Unnie are you okay?”

 

 

Eunbi was startled at the girl’s sudden appearance. She looks at the girl with a glare. “Can you not do that Minju?!” she hisses

 

 

Minju moves back, she saw Eunbi coming out of the restroom with an ashen look and she was alarmed “I’m sorry, unnie” she apologizes as Eunbi scoffs, walking away.

 

 

Eunbi was just about a couple of blocks from her house, she didn’t exactly notice she was already there when she saw someone waiting by the gate. There she saw Chaeyeon waving at her with such a warm smile.

 

 

“Hey, you”

 

 

Eunbi instantly feels better at the sound of her voice. Her face finally relaxes as she stares at Chaeyeon, the girl just has this calming effect on her.

 

 

It does not take long for Chaeyeon to notice Eunbi’s mood. As she immediately walks over to Eunbi, engulfing her in a gentle hug.

 

 

“What’s wrong?” Chaeyeon asks caressing Eunbi’s head.

 

 

“I’m just tired”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter