Chapter Five

The Lion

When Shuhua fully registered the face of the youthful girl in front of them, Yuqi was quickly pushed behind her back.

“What are you doing here? Are you here to hurt us more? To take us back?” She asked angrily in Mandarin, baring her teeth a little.

The other laughed. “What? You knew I was bad news from the start, yet you still trusted me. It isn't my fault you became friends with a thief, ShuShu.” The girl  replied in the same language.

“Don't call me that.”

“That used to be your favourite nickname.”

“It was until you betrayed us, Tzuyu.”

Tzuyu’s brown hair fluttered in the wind of the night, an odd sparkle in her eye as she stared at something behind her. Shuhua tried to push Yuqi behind her more, believing that was what she was staring at, only to not feel the familiar cotton, but a kind of silk.

Another cloak grazed her fingertips.

And a knife grazed her neck.

“You're going back there, whether you like it, or not.”

All seemed lost. The tribe, the one that the Taiwanese girl now knew wasn't trustworthy, had her. They might have already killed Yuqi, for all she knew. The Lion would never defeat the intruder, and take her spot. Never. Never ever ever ever ever ever.

So lost in thought was Shuhua, that she didn't even see the large log hit the back of Tzuyu’s head. Neither did she feel her captor pulled away from her, until they were already tied to a tree. When their eyes met, Miyeon smiled at her. “Well that was an unfortunate predicament. We should go, and find the place I wanted to take you. Yuqi is safe, too.”

Sighing in relief, Shuhua nodded, and turned around to see who had knocked the traitor out. Minnie’s cold eyes greeted hers, making her shrink back a little bit. “I'm coming, I guess, I've got nothing better to do. But you'd best believe that throne is mine. M. I. N. E. Mine. Get it?”

She was ignored completely by the youngest girl, who had ran over to where Yuqi revealed herself, squealing and hugging her.

The woman watching from the trees smirked as they left, making a mental note to tell her boss the location of this place. The war was about to begin.

Shuhua against Soyeon.

Nightmares against Double Kill.

Good against evil.

But, soon, they would find the line between the two blurred…

You.

You can control this.

Don't let the evil win.

Choose.

Option one: Dreaming of a perfect world.

Option two: The innocent.

Option three: Corruption.

Option four: Minds that think, hands that kill.

You have three days.

Good luck.