Chapter Two

The Lion

“Hello. Are you… Are you alright?”

It was perhaps an hour after the events that a soft, worried voice met Shuhua’s ears, making her look up through her hair. An awkward silence filled the air when she didn't respond.

The woman sighed.

“Well then, you are Shuhua, right? My name is Miyeon. Pleasure to meet you!”

“How do you know my name?”

“Yuqi has told me a lot about you.”

That seemed to catch the Taiwanese girl’s attention. “How do you know Yuqi? What happened to her? Is she safe? Are you the one who took her?” She panicked, barely breathing.

“Hush, she is safe. And, I guess, I have a very long tale to tell. It is important, it will tell you why Soyeon locked you away and forced Soojin and I to take Minnie and Yuqi. Will you listen?”

An ounce of hesitation fell upon them, but the youngest finally made up her mind. “Yes.”

Setting herself down on the floor of the dungeon so that she was on the same level as the girl behind the bars, Miyeon started to speak.

 

“Long ago, there was a legend. It stated that the monarchy would fall in Seanarell someday, and the throne would belong to whoever rightfully won it. While princes and princesses fight for it, three young girls who spoke in foreign tongues, two together and one alone, would announce that they would fight. When captured, if even one dies within two days, they are fakes. If not, all three will need to fight, and the youngest would either become the Queen or die at the hands of evil. There is no inbetween. If she fails, the entire kingdom falls into misery.”

Shuhua stayed quiet, entranced by the story, but Miyeon spoke once more.

“Don't you understand? You need to escape, find your friends, and fight Soyeon. For you. For the people. For your friend.”

“But how?”

The beautiful woman frowned in confusion. “I'm sorry?”

“How would I get out?"



 

“Leave it to me.”