Chapter Three

The Lion

 

Metal crashed, footsteps echoed and someone growled in a menacing tone.

“Get up. Get up before I bring out the knives again, you hear me?”

A boot came in contact with Shuhua’s stomach when she sat up slowly. She doubled over, coughing as Soyeon grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled her up to eye level. “I’m going somewhere for a week. In case you escape, you're coming with me. I know Soojin has multiple cages. And, just to be on the safe side-”

Someone ragged her hands behind her back and started tying them together.

“-We can't give you any opportunities. “

The only part of this that surprised her even in the slightest was the fact that she was leaving. That she would perhaps see grass and trees for the first time in months. That she could breathe new, fresh air and see the dear blue sky that she had missed so much.

Yet, she didn't show just how excited she was.

She didn't want to be beaten again.

Her excitement increased even more when she was shoved past the horrible prison cart and into the royal carriage, however, it dropped again when she realised that Soyeon would be traveling with her. Security seemed to be increasing. Was it possible that she knew she would escape?

The next three hours were some of the most uncomfortable she had experienced. Three hours with a woman who relentlessly insulted and harmed her the entire ride, not being able to say anything back in fear that she may be hit.

It was funny.

A lion who wouldn't fight back.

Maybe she was just a cub, just like Soyeon said.

There was no chance of her winning a fight, nevermind a war like she would have to in order to survive.

They finally arrived at the destination, a large palace in the neighbouring kingdom, where several guards stood to greet them. Or, more accurately, greet Soyeon. Shuhua was merely grabbed by the woman she had grown to hate more in their time together and forced along.

Through the doors, and down a hallway with marble floors, a throne room lay. Although, perhaps it should have been named the princess room, for that was what seemed to stand out the most. In the middle of the room, on a throne of gold and silver, the scary woman from the previous week sat. Soojin, Shuhua recalled, was her name.

A grin formed on her lips as her eyes landed on the blonde. “Soyeon! You're finally here! Miyeon is waiting in the drawing room. Her’s is in the dungeon where your’s will go too. shall we go? I suppose it won't matter if I pull myself away from my work.”

The Taiwanese girl nearly let out a laugh. This had to be part of Miyeon's plan to get her out! She'd even brought Yuqi! Oh, she could just jump for joy! Or not. She was held so tightly that her arms would surely be bruised.

Someone grabbed her chin.

“She truly is adorable, isn't she?” To Shuhua’s surprise, Soojin was smirking at her with an odd look in her eyes. It was almost like she was telling her that if she made one slight move, she would regret it, with just her eyes. It made her very, very uncomfortable.

“Stop being creepy.” Soyeon snarled, yanking Shuhua’s face out of her grasp. “Let's just take her down.”

Soojin grabbed one of the prisoner's arms, while Soyeon took the other, and started hauling her along. All subtle evil was gone and replaced with a demeanor that reminded her greatly of the blonde princess.

She didn't even struggle.

When they reached the door to the dungeon, Soojin quickly unlocked it and started chaining Shuhua to the wall.

As quick as it had happened, she was alone with the faint sound of dripping water. There was something else.

Laughter.

But why was it so familiar?

Someone hugged her and a voice rang in her ears.

“Let's go meet up with Miyeon, shall we?”