Part 1

Colombia in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A black crop-top, navy Balenciaga sweatpants, white sneakers, and a black baseball cap. That was what she was wearing today. Silky, blonde hair was gathered into an artistically messy ponytail, the long, wavy ends of it peeking out through the back of the cap and swinging behind her with every elegant step she took. Before he could help it, he found himself wondering how she could make such a casual outfit appear so mesmerizing.

Jungkook averted his gaze almost immediately after it had landed on her, though her image continued to float through his mind, overpowering all other thoughts.

Belatedly, he realized this was the first, and quite possibly the only, time Blackpink and BTS were catching the same flight. Maybe the newness of the situation or the excitement of the event to come was what was spurring Jungkook’s current awestruck state.

In just a few hours, several Korean artists would be arriving in Bogota, where Colombia’s first kpop concert was being held. The line-up included BTS, Blackpink, Red Velvet, GOT7, Twice, Winner, Gfriend, EXO, and Monsta X.

Now normally, Blackpink would not be caught dead attending a collaboration event with other kpop companies (let alone sharing a flight with tons of male idols), but ever since YG entertainment gained a new CEO, Blackpink had attained much more freedom and exposure. They began attending all music show broadcasts, starred in multiple variety shows, and participated in many music festivals. As a result, other artists had finally been given the chance to become closer to the mysteriously secluded girls of Blackpink.

Jungkook was proud to say he was the first to jump at that opportunity.

“Oh my god, just ask her out already,” Jimin rolled his eyes in exasperation, following Jungkook’s gaze despite his best attempt at hiding it.

Jungkook maintained a perfectly poised expression on his face as he just looked at Jimin, waiting for him to realize the ridiculousness of his suggestion on his own as the they finished checking in and followed their managers and the rest of the members towards the VIP lounge.

Taehyung glanced over his shoulder at the two of them. A wide grin was visible even behind his black face mask, “was he staring at Rosé again?”

“Shh!” Jungkook practically hissed, quickly scanning his busy surroundings to ensure no one had overheard. Discreetly, he snuck a glance over his shoulder at where the Blackpink members were dropping off their luggage and was both satisfied and disappointed at how far away they were. How far away she was.

Only after they had entered the private lounge did he address Taehyung and Jimin’s comments.

“First of all,” he began with a dramatically patient sigh, “I was not staring, I simply glanced in her general direction –”

Basically all 6 members of BTS scoffed or snorted at this blatant lie, but that was not enough to slow Jungkook down.

“Besides, we’re just friends.”

More exasperated groans followed this statement, making Jungkook himself doubt the validity of it.

“Friends don’t look at each other the way you two do,” Hoseok narrowed his eyes, looking Jungkook up and down in a judgemental way that was half-serious, half-teasing.

Jungkook pursed his lips in a futile attempt at hiding a smile as he considered the several times he and Rosé had been in the same room at the same time. The discreet glances Jungkook would throw in her direction while she pretended not to notice. Her nervous habit of playing with her hair whenever he was within a 5-mile radius. There were several fancams (with millions of views) out there that caught these moments. So, Jungkook would have tried to deny Hoseok’s accusation, but they literally had them on tape.

At this point, the rest of the BTS members had gained an interest in this topic and began to gather around him like a swarm of excited bees.

“Ya, and friends don’t stay up all night texting each other song recommendations,” Jin scoffed.

“We do,” both Jimin and Taehyung stated at the same time, exchanging innocent glances between themselves and then with Jin.

Jin raised a brow, giving them a long, unimpressed look, “you two are soulmates, I rest my case.”

Jungkook was about to argue this point, but he really had no excuse. Yes, it would have been innocent if they were only sharing song recommendations, but they had shared much, much more.

Namjoon put his hands up, effectively quieting down the commotion, “listen everyone, the most important point we should be making here is that friends do not make-out with each other.”

“That was one time!” Jungkook exclaimed in exasperation, “and it was at a party, so it doesn’t count.”

Memories of that night – that splendid night – flashed before him. It was only a few months ago, at Joy’s birthday party. Rosé wore a skin-tight, red dress that had the entire party (men and women) drooling. And after one too many drinks, Jungkook had finally engaged in a real conversation with her and somehow managed to score her number at the end too. As the night progressed, the guests got drunker, and the games become wilder, somehow fate had put Jungkook and Rosé in a closet together for 7 minutes in heaven. And there was only so much two people who were mutually attracted to each other could do together in a cramped closet without touching. Of course, touching eventually turned into kissing and if they were given more than just 7 minutes, we all know what would’ve come next.

Yoongi smacked Jungkook on the back in encouragement, “well then, why don’t you confess to her for real this time and make it count.

Just as he said this, the doors to the VIP lounge slid open, allowing Blackpink to finally enter the room.

And as Jungkook’s eyes locked on Rosé, he genuinely considered Yoongi’s suggestion. The two of them had only been closely acquainted for the past few months, and although he considered her an important person in his life, he was unsure where they stood. Maybe, this trip would provide him with the perfect opportunity to reveal his hidden feelings and finally cave into his hearts most forbidden desires.

⤝❁⤞

A black t-shirt, black sweatpants, black bucket hat, and a navy zip up sweater. That was what he was wearing today. It was a simple look but one that suited him perfectly. And one glance down at her own outfit revealed almost the same colour scheme. It almost looked like they had coordinated their outfits.

Rosé’s eyes located Jungkook amongst the crowded airport instantly, just in time to catch the heartwarming sight of him smiling at one of his hyungs as they waited in a separate corner of the VIP lounge. However, just as quickly, she had lowered her gaze and suddenly became engrossed in the polished tiles of the floor.

She had recently discovered that the longer she looked into those eyes, the deeper she wanted to lose herself in them. And that was dangerous considering he only considered her a friend. She knew this because, although they had been constantly texting each other and shared a heated kiss a few months ago, he had never made a move on her. He flirted, yes. He flirted like a pro. But he was never serious about it. So, to avoid the hurt of being entangled in an unrequited love, the best thing to do was to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter