Escape

Music to my Holiday

I held onto my ticket to Seoul as tightly as I could, as I said my goodbyes to my dad. I could see it in his eyes, that he was still deliberating whether he made the right decision in letting me go on holiday. As his only child though, I could see why he would be in such a state of worry. It was very amusing, watching him smoke his calabash pipe while we waited for the plane to arrive. He did this everytime he was in deep thought, and it kind reminded me of Sherlock Holmes. 
When the plane finally arrived it was time for me to head to the departure desk. I turned to my dad and saw him take one very long puff of smoke, before he faced me. At first,neither one of us knew what to say. We just smiled at each other and l leaded the way to the desk.

"I guess this is it,"my dad said, breaking the silence. "Your first holiday. Are you excited?"

"Ofcourse, dad," I told him. " How could I not be."
"You won't forgot to call when you land, right?"
"Ofcourse I won't."
"Good."

Silence. It was a little bit awkward, but I guess it was better than both of us crying. Sure, I was only going for a week, but me and my dad had never been apart for that long. We were really close, and I couldn't help feeling a little bit sad. No doubt he was feeling sad too. He was going to be alone for a week and-
"Eddie!" a high pitched voice called. Both me and my dad turned around, and in the distance, walking slowly and elegantly, was Cruella DeVille herself. I had completely forgotton about my dad's new partner: my stepmother, Lidia. She was, very very pretty. But somewhere, behind her large rouge lips, were fangs waiting to come out and bite you in the neck, I wa certain of it.

"Eddie," she said again, " I am so sorry that I have to make you rush like this, but I have a very important meeting at the office that I need to attend to." 

"Say no more," My father said. " Why don't you wait for me by the car, I'll be there in two minutes"
She nodded, and turned elegantly. A few people were starring at her while she passed. I really wished that woman would learn to drive soon, instead of making my dad go up and down like a taxi.
I turned around and noticed that my dad was now looking at me. He opened his mouth to speak but I inturrupted him. " Dad, thank you so much for agreeing to this. I know you're probably worried about my trip to Seoul, and my stay there, but I'll be fine. Don't worry."
He smiled." Telling a parent not to worry is like telling a bird not to fly."
"I'll only be gone for one week," I told him. "There's no need to worry, I'll be back before you know."
He smiled again. "Be safe,"he said, and he gave me a hug. "Call me when you land."
 "I will. I love you, dad."
 "I love you too." 
Dragging my luggage, and giving my dad one last hug I left and headed to catch my plane. A small, unnoticed tear ran down from the corner of my eye, as I walked through the double doors of the entrance.