Yogurt

I want to see your smile again

Ever since their conversation about the colour yellow, Jeongyeon unconsciously thought of Sana whenever she saw yellow objects. She had also became more appreciative of the little things around her that made her happy. One would never know if anyone was struggling even if the person put up a smile. Compared to others, working night shift while having to balance school work was probably not so bad.

She had an early dinner as usual and decided today to buy a cup of yogurt for dessert. Tearing open the lid, she observed the yellow creamy texture. With each spoonful, she grinned, savouring its sweetness.

Jeongyeon continued working on her thesis while occasionally attending to customers. Her shift whizzed by before she realised it. Night has fallen and it was almost time for closing.

As each minute ticked by, it became 11PM. Only then she realised that Sana didn’t come to the store tonight, unlike the few previous nights ever since the day they had a late night snack together.

Jeongyeon headed out with her belongings and locked the door. She tilted her head and tried to look out for Sana’s presence, but other than the other late night store owner, the whole stretch of road was quiet. 

She’s probably busier tonight, Jeongyeon shrugged.