Final

L _ _ E

“How was it?” Jinsoul came over to the desk where Jungeun was sitting. She was ready for a sullen expression but what greeted her made her happy. 

 

“Hey, I think I can get it this time round.” Jungeun smiled brightly at the school nerd. A wave of relief swept pass her and she thought back to the conversation both had before they parted in their individual ways the day before. 

 

“You were telling me something yesterday?” 

 

The sudden statement from Jinsoul made the ears of Jungeun go bright red, as she tried to come up with excuses to swat it off. 

 

“Come on, you know I’m not the only one who wants answers.” Jinsoul said blatantly to the other girl, whose eyes widened at the sudden request. 

 

“I.. uh-” Incoherent words began to foam at the tip of the owl’s lips as she tried to form complete sentences without fooling herself. 

 

“Perhaps this environment is a little uncomfortable for you?” Jinsoul then kindly dragged the awkward girl away from the usual crowd of people and found themselves a nice quiet spot to talk things through. 

 

“What’s the deal with you now?” Jinsoul tried to be as straightforward as she could, knowing that any further details would only make her sanity crumble as well. 

 

“I like you.” Jungeun replied the girl with the exact bluntness she wanted, causing both to turn their heads away from each other before looking back at each other with much hesitation. 

 

“That was really bold of you.. Haha..” Jinsoul could feel her cheeks blow up and looked at the girl standing in front of her with the same look. With each passing second, she could only think of how cute the owl looked. 

 

“Jungeun, you look like a standing tomato..” The nerd burst out laughing while pointing at the annoyed girl who hissed back at her right away. 

 

“You don’t look that far off either, you copper-faced fishie!” The nerd scowled before the two girls got into a catfight. 

 

As the two of them got tired of pulling each other’s hair, Jungeun quickly shot back the same question to the nerd, who only got a slight nod out of everything. 

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” The owl was pretty unamused with such a boring answer. 

 

“I think the same as well.” Jinsoul can finally be free of the internal struggle that she carried over during the times when she was with the other girl. 

 

“No! I wanna hear you say it.” Jungeun grew increasingly impatient as the taller girl tried to overcome her shyness as well. 

 

Without further warning, a cheek kiss was delivered to the agitated girl where silence later ensued. 

 

Unable to hold back her urge anymore, Jungeun secretly let out a line from her embarrassing form. 

 

“Jinsoul.. How dare you..”

 

The owl then pulled the fish close to her and both sealed lips for the first time.

 

Rubbing their foreheads against each other after doing so, the two girls kept on smiling throughout the entire day.