Chapter 4

L _ _ E

3 months passed by when the study buddy concept was first introduced to the students. Almost all the groups have succeeded with the improvement in their grades, all except one. 

 

Jungeun was still struggling to get a solid B for all her previous exams and therefore needs more help with her foundation. 

 

---

 

“One more question and we’re done for the day.” Jinsoul cheered the tired girl on with enthusiasm while looking proudly at her classmate as she tackled the question with confidence. 

 

“I did it.. Can I go home now?” The brain-dead owl wobbled from her seat as she dragged her feet out of the school entrance for a well-deserved rest before the major exam tomorrow. 

 

“Jungeun, wait! I have something for you!” The chirpy nerd carefully took out a good-luck charm from her bag and place it nicely into the hands of the surprised owl. 

 

“For you. All the best for tomorrow’s papers.” 

 

“Uhm.. When the program ends tomorrow, can I have a word with you?” Jungeun pleaded Jinsoul with a pair of eyes that latter never saw before. 

 

Slowly taking in her cute act, the nerd nodded slightly and waved goodbye to the owl. As her shadow faded into the background gradually, Jinsoul took one last look at Jungeun before taking steps as well.