Chapter 3

L _ _ E

With Jungeun putting more effort into her studies than usual, the science nerd decided to reward her classmate by bringing her to the movies during one of the weekends. 

 

“What movies do you prefer?” Two girls stood in front of the banners presented just outside the movie theatre. 

 

“Anything you woul-” Jungeun’s words were cut short when a finger suddenly appeared in front of her. 

 

“I’m here to reward you. Let me do you a favor.” Jinsoul insisted adamantly. 

 

“Well.. I tend to like romantic movies or those with lesser actions involved.” The owl answered truthfully and was met with a troubled expression. 

 

“Sadly for us, there’s no movie of that sort during this period.. How about a walk to a nearby cafe? I know a nice one just around the corner here.” Jinsoul smiled at the flustered owl, who was ‘accidentally’ caught staring at the other girl while she was looking at all the other options of the movies screened at that moment. 

 

“Hmm, is there anything on my face?” The girl started touching up on her face with a hand-mirror in her bag. 

 

“It’s nothing. You just look really cute today.” Jungeun whispered between words as she tried to catch a reply from the other girl. 

 

“Woaw..” 

 

Finding ways to relieve the tension between the two girls, both of them tried to laugh it off, only to get even more embarrassed after. 

 

“Shall we get going?” The taller girl found her cool first, before guiding the other girl to the cafe that she just spoke of.