Chapter 1

Next To You

It was already dark when the black tour bus drives around the corner, coming closer to a group of boys ready to be taken to their hotel. After their long flight they couldn't wait to finally get some sleep. I.N. stood with his eyes already closed next to Hyunjin and Felix, holding onto a teddy bear. Seungmin was pestering Changbin with the latest Day6 Album and Chan talked to the oldest of the group Woojin about the tour. All standing close to each other it's only Minho and Han standing slightly off the group. No one would notice but if one paid a little more attention, it's easily to be seen. Even if someone saw, no one would bother interrupting. While everyone was minding their own business (more or less) the manager instructs the boys to enter the bus.

The bus was big enough for everyone to have a row to themselves and most made use of that opportunity. Chan sat next to Felix while Hyunjin sat next to Changbin with whom he would make a few selfies and film the others in order to update their fans. The dimmed light within the bus gave a cozy atmosphere. Hyunjin would also prefer doing nothing but today was his task to film. He went to the manager and asked for the camera. Just by doing that he earned a few groans here and there but nothing serious. They loved sharing their life with their fans but they knew that Hyunjin can be pretty annoying with the camera. A mischievous smile crept on Hyunjin face as he started to film the members.

"First off, my seating buddy who is not even half as handsome as me.... drum rolls.... Changbin Hyung!" He explained excitedly as he swung the camera to the older. Changbin only glares at the younger for that comment but quickly turned to the camera as well.

"Joooo stays, how are you doing? We've just landed & are on our way to the hotel!"

"We want to sleep very fast that we can meet you faster ~ The members are already sleepy but don't worry we won't let them sleep!" Hyunjin giggles evilly. He enjoyed it that for the sake of comedy or rather his fans he could do some nasty stuff to s and get away easily with it as long as the camera was rolling.

On the high way Hyunjin stood up from his seat and made his way to the other members annoying them. First, he made fun of Jongin for drooling while sleeping and poked the youngest in the face. Woojin was let alone after a short joke but the Aussie line wasn't spared. He woddled over to them, laughing with them and having fun.

"Mr. Bang Chan how excited are you to meet our Stays?" Hyunjin asked in English. Contemplating whether to reply in English or Korean he ended up using both of them to make sure Hyunjin completely understood his reply.

"Very. This is the beginning of our tour and I am sure that we will make great memories together with Stays. Please expect a lot as we have prepared a lot for you guys and are all giving our best for you!" He finishes. Hyunjin nods at the sincere reply. Felix just stared at their leader in admiration during his small speech. Hyunjin cannot help but find the Aussie bond cute and taking note to improve his English as well so that Chan can comfortably speak in English. Hyunjin turns around looking for the next Person to film. The missing members were now only Seungmin and Minho. But seeing that Seungmin was currently talking to their manager he had no other option than Minho. His mood slightly dropped unintentionally. Minho sat alone in the row with his back towards the windows and staring into his phone when Hyunjin slowly approached him. With uneasy steps Hyunjin walked closer to the older and began filming him without a comment. After a moment Minho noticed the younger and glanced up only to see the camera being pointed towards him. Hyunjin giggles at the surprised look in his Hyung’s face and starts speaking:

"So, what are you doing?" Swiftly adjusting to the situation Lee Know answers:

"Watching a cat video I saved on my phone." the younger only rolled his eyes.

"I guess we could have guessed that.... Show me I wanna see it too" Hyunjin says and wants to sit next to Lee Know but hesitates for a moment. He wasn't afraid of the older but somehow, he always got careful around him. They weren't very close and Hyunjin always feared that the fans might notice. Of course they can talk to each other and they spend a lot of time together, but usually not alone. Most of his time Hyunjin spends with Lee Know is when they make new choreographies but even then, Felix is almost always there. And if they are really left alone, they concentrate individually on the dance, not speaking very much. It just felt like he wasn’t in tune with and he could never tell what the other was thinking. If he had to admit it, he thinks that his behavior, especially on stage, is more forced than natural with the older. Hyunjin certainly didn't hate the older, but Hyunjin knows that if they weren't together in this group they wouldn't have met or rather never talked to each other at all. (despite living in the same city)

He looked down at the seat where Lee knows legs laid and awkwardly waited for the older to remove them in order for him to sit there as well. Reluctantly Minho gave in and let Hyunjin sit next to him.

"But you’re not gonna film my mobile."

"What did you actually watch?"

"The cat video but I get some messages which I don't want everyone to read." He explained plainly, not even looking at the other. Trying to keep a positive atmosphere Hyunjin talked a little happier than the older.

"The editors could've blurred that though? But, never mind."

"Yeah I know, but still... less work for them I guess, they'll already have to cut this now as well."

"True" Hyunjin adds and just shrugs while he the selfie mode in order to film their reaction to the video instead of the video itself. They both smiled and made a few comments here and there. The camera’s battery was nearly empty, so in order to still film Seungmin he decided to turn it off. Before it felt too awkward for Hyunjin he suggested to take a selfie instead for the fans.

Another thing that Hyunjin could never tell; does the older also feel this awkwardness between them or is it just him? Maybe it's not that prominent in his mind but Hyunjin is convinced that he at least doesn't consider him as a really close friend if even a true friend at all.

"Sure, we hardly take any selfies together."

"Yeah, I guess the fans will be happy."

They took Hyunjin's phone and got into position, testing different angles here and poses until they were satisfied. Then they looked through the pictures and discussed on which to post later. They decided on one where Hyunjin makes a peace sign and Lee Know smiles cutely.

"You're very cute Hyung!"

"Aish, stop saying that" he shakes bis head "I don't want to be cute. I'm a guy."

"A cute guy that is" he teased which earned him an annoyed eyeroll.

"Whatever, don't forget to send me the pictures later on as well"

"Yes Sir!" He inwardly cringes and regrets his behavior. He hated it that he still hasn't figured out how to act with the older. Minho turned his attention back to his phone, giving Hyunjin the opportunity to leave. Seungmin was done talking to their manager and he got Interviewed like the rest of the group.

The tour bus finally arrived at their destination but before they could escape to their rooms they had to decide on the pairings. Since they were an uneven number of members one would get a room to himself. Woojin being the oldest was given the privilege without anyone complaining. However, the rest of the group was now loudly discussing on how to choose partners and who is best suited with whom that Chan felt like he was in kindergarten.

"Okay everyone, we will just draw who stays with whom" the leader finally spoke up, gaining everyone's attention.

"I will write down all your names and will randomly pick your room partner." The members nod in improvement and Hyunjin smirked at Felix’s strong adoration for Chan.

"As expected from Chan Hyung " I.N. says. Hyunjin on the other hand wondered how Chan even thought about getting paper and pen. He was truly thinking about everything. He looked through the members, contemplating with whom he would want to share the room. So far, they shared rooms as 3 or 4 In their dorms and Hyunjin was already grouped with anyone, so he doesn't mind anyone. Maybe he would choose I.N because he's closest to him and he feels the most comfortable with him. He shrugs to himself just taking whoever it is.

Chan began shaking the snippets with their names in his hand before grabbing the first:

"Okay, first person is.... Felix!" He announces loud enough for everyone to hear. "You're gonna be matched up with... oh! That's me." He shows the paper as proof. “Guess we’ll have an English only room” he adds jokingly and gives the other Australian boy a high five.

“Okay next we have… Hyunjin! Your roommate will be… I know, you know, Lee know!” he showed them the paper once again and directly continued. The two chosen ones just quickly exchanged looks and nodded. Hyunjin took a deep breath and wondered why in fact it was Minho he ended up with. But he figured that when they had to be close in their room, maybe their awkward relationship might improve. But more than that, he just didn’t want the fans to know about the fact that those two don’t know anything about each other.

“Not that many left anymore. So the last two rooms will be on one side: Han and I.N.! That leaves Seungmin and Changbin in the last room!” Chan concludes. While the last results were announced Changbin groaned:

“You better don’t kill me and my pretty face in my sleep you little devil!”

“Whose pretty face are you talking about?” Seungmin retorts making the other members laugh.

By chance Hyunjin saw, what he considers, a derogatory and smug grin on Minho’s smile at that comment. But his expression changed into a normal laugh so quickly that Hyunjin wondered if it was just imagination.

Once more another thing that he never figured out about Minho: he could hardly explain it himself, but he occasionally had the impression that Minho didn’t show his true feelings and maybe didn’t like the others as much. He didn’t know how to put it, it was just some kind of unknowingly feeling, which may be another reason why he isn’t close to him.  Something restricts his mind. Some kind of missing trust.*

“Alright! Let’s get going boys!” Chan shouted through the bus.

The moment Hyunjin stepped out of the bus he was greeted by cold night air and grand lights at the hotel’s entrance. They went to the reception and each room got their keys. The members strolled through the entrance hall to the elevators with their bags and luggage. They all left the cramped elevator on the 9th floor and went to their respective rooms, wishing everyone a good night. When they parted ways Hyunjin felt some kind of nervousness. He didn’t know how it would be alone with Minho, and he was afraid that it would become uncomfortable for them. But Minho just silently walked next to Hyunjin, not seeming bothered by anything. They remained in silence until they stopped at their apartment’s door.

 

*A/N:

I can’t explain the feeling myself. I have a certain character in mind how Hyunjin shall perceive Minho, but I don’t know how to explain that, really difficult. I feel so sorry that Minho sounds so evil here T_T Trust me I love Minho, but for the story's sake I have to write like this......

I read over it one time, I hope you can understand everything and that there aren't too many typos!