B r o k e n M e m o r y.

I Hate Him because I Love Him

 

-Rin’s POV-

“This is Kim Jongin. However, you can just call him Kai. I’m sure you guys will get along well!” Suho flashed a smile in my direction.

I’m sure you guys will get along well…

Those words echoed in my head like a broken record.

That’s if he doesn’t kill me first.

As Suho continued introducing who Kai was and what each of the members’ hobbies were, I ever so slowly scuttled backwards as Kai took strides forward, with a deadly glare.

You seem like a nice person… I don’t know why we would have to change anything about you, like daemo said…” Suho thought.

“So tell us a little bit about yourself—“D.O started.

“Ya! Let’s go to the house first, the poor girl needs some rest and needs to sort herself out with her luggage and stuff!” Xiumin nudged D.O in the stomach.

The corners of my mouth turned slightly upwards.

“There is no way I’m sitting next to her and staying in an hour car ride next to this bit—“ Kai commented.

“Excuse me?” the corners of my mouth plummeted faster than a meteor.

“Umm… hyung… you have something in your ha—“ innocent Sehun informed Kai.

D.O hurriedly covered Sehun’s mouth.

“You see! I mean what the hell is up with this crap in my hair?! You better bow down to me and apologise…”

I glanced at my surroundings, trying to avoid his gaze.

There is no way I’m bowing and apologising to anyone.

“Do I look like a dustbin to you?! Why don’t you just go back to where you came from! There is no way I’m allowing this to enter my house--” Kai spat in my face.

...

That’s when I did it. I punched him.

 

… … this …

 

Memories replayed in my mind like a black and white movie. It was if I was forcefully tied to my seat at a cinema… there was no way I would give this movie 5 stars.

 

I hate boys.

I hate being touched by boys.

I hate having to forcefully smile for boys.

I hate being insulted by boys.

But something… that I will hate the most… is the word… … being said to me by a BOY.

 

I stood there with my hand clenched in a fist as my knuckles were slightly grazed with my hand turning a pinkish colour.

Oh . Nice way to introduce yourself Rin you frigging pabo.

I exhaled slowly with my eyes pinned to the ground beneath me. Slowly, my eyes made their way up to see Kai’s expression.

He. Was. Pissed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ride to their house consisted of a very awkward silence. I was placed inbetween D.O and Sehun in the car and Sehun decided to sit on the edge of the car seat as if I had a disease.

To be honest, I don’t know what happened.

Pfht you’ll probably think I’m mental now right? Okay I didn't suddenly have amnesia.

I guess, in my defence, in my eyes… I didn’t see it as punching Kai, my mind saw another guy… and that’s probably why lashed out so suddenly like that.

Geez Rin, imo [auntie] is gonna murder you.

“So…g-g-guys… ww-why are you-u w-wearing s-s-sunglasses w-ww-hen it isn’t r-r-really that sunny?” I stammered to break the silence.

I'll apologise to that bastard-- I mean Kai later.

“It’s to disguise ourselves—“ D.O calmly spoke.

“Oh my! Are you criminals?! Let me out of this van!!”

I pounded my fists frantically on the van windows, which attracted attention as people were curious from outside what was really going on in the van with blackened windows.

No one was answering to my pleas for help so I noticed that the rooftop window of the van was ajar so I lifted my head and flailed my arms about through the window, shouting, “Help! HELP! I’m being kidnapped by 12 men! Someone help me!” I chanted in both English and Korean but no one seemed to care.

Aish. What the hell?! Is this how Korea is like?!

I felt as if a rock was stuck in my throat as my eyes started to involuntarily focus on red and blue lights flashing towards me. I could then hear a familiar sound.

Police car sirens.

Everything around me started to blue, my senses went numb as I could no longer hear or smell as the wind whipped my face severely, making my eyes start to tear.

 

The police car came in my direction. My arms felt numb and my legs were shaking nonstop. It was as if each blare from the siren was like a slap on my cheek. I was already bruised and hurt in my heart, I didn’t know if he really deserved all of this…

 

“Get down…” I heard someone snarl, which immediately awoken my sense of hearing.

I felt someone continuously pulling me down by my t-shirt.

Who is doing that?!

I was still standing up through the rooftop window of the van staring at the police car getting closer and closer. My arms felt numb and my legs were stiff, I could not move at all as a short clip from a black and white memory was playing in my mind.

 

-No one’s POV-

The person who was pulling on her T-shirt kept doing so but harder and harder and she didn’t even notice her shoulder was being exposed because of the person’s tugging.

“Aish!” someone murmured.

A frustrated and annoyed guy kept cursing and kept tugging at her T-shirt but it was no use.

“I’m so gonna kill her for this…” with this statement, he shifted himself so that he too was under the rooftop window ready to go through it.

“Hyung! Mind your head!” a worried expression was pasted on Sehun’s face.

However, the guy had already stretched his legs and his head had already come into contact with side of the rooftop window. The guy mentally cursed as he squeezed his head through despite the pain, causing his sunglasses to knock off his nose.

“AISH!”

 

-Rin’s POV-

I could feel movement from behind me so I slowly rotated my head around and to my surprise I saw…

KAI.

I opened my mouth ajar, to question why he was also outside the window but no words came out…

“Kai?! What are you doing up here?!” I planned to ask him.

“Get your down and out of this window before you get us in trouble!” he replied as if he heard my thoughts.

“C-c-c-can’t—“ I started.

“KYAHHH! OH MY GOD!! IT’S KAI FROM EXO!!” many shrieking girls crowded around the right side of the van causing the van to halt. Kai swiftly and smoothly placed himself so that I was behind him, still on the rooftop window.

What’s going on?!- I thought

This just isn’t my day… - Kai thought.

 

-No one’s POV-

Kai forcefully pushed Rin her shoulders, down and out of the rooftop window, quickly and carefully so that no one would notice her.

“Mission complete.” Kris remarked.

“Oh my!! Joon-myun hyung! What do we do?!” Sehun was tugging on Suho’s shirt as he worried looked at the fans who were around his side of the van but they couldn’t see him.

Suho sighed, “Manager hyung, can you somehow get through the crowd but don’t hurt the fans.”

“Guys… guys… I think Rin is unconscious…” D.O worriedly unbuckled his seatbelt as he came hurtling towards Rin and placed his knee under your head.

At D.O’s comment, the rest of the members unbuckled their own seatbelts and crowded around you.

“WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO HYUNG?!!” Sehun was flailing his arms towards Suho, who was like the others worried at Rin’s unconscious state.

“What are we gonna do about my free food and free rent…” Kai murmured as he went back to his seat as he sulked in the corner.

 

AN: Anneyong yeorobun~ It's been a while hasn't it ^^ Sorry I'm still in the midst of exam hell... but I managed to slip in this chapter. What do you think about how Kai is like? Ooh~ a little flashback from Rin, what do you think happened before? I love every comment so please share the love <3

QUESTION: WHO IS YOUR EXO BIAS AND WHY? Leave your answer below in the comments, I'm really curious on who my subscribers' bias is... and you never know, it may change the outcome of the story ^^