Chapter Ten [Part 2]

Different Lifes

I open the door to the rooftop and I love the view. I take some pictures and decide to send them to my friends and family with a little message. My phone rings after a bit and smile seeing the ID.

“Hi Ji oppa” I tell him smiling. “Have you landed yet?”

“Yep, in the van to our hotel” he said. “How are you? I heard about the little airport incident, it happened again this year.”

I can hear amusement in is voice and I can only sign making him laugh.

“I guess the video is going viral…” I tell him. “Because of it I lost my cool in the meeting we just had…”

“What happened?” he asks more seriously, since I normally just listen in those kind of meetings.   

“After my nice great speech, I did for the BTS members about fan love and language respect…” I said. “I did another talk while accusing the Public Relation manager of not doing our job. Telling her that where not here for us but for the 7 members of BTS and that their safety is our priority…”

“That sound like another nice talk. You always had a way with words that always made since” he told me. “I guess the staff didn’t like that.”           
“I did apologize to her…” I said to him. “I’m not supposed to be this stress when my job his just a translation job….”

“Did you go to the temple yet?” he asks me.

“I will go soon than we have our staff supper” I tell him. “What about you guys, what’s your plan for tonight.”

“Relax I suppose…” he said, thinking. “What hotel are you staying at?”

“Hmm… XX Hotel” I tell him. “Please don’t tell your guys will be staying here too?”

“Yep!” he sounded so happy.

“I thought I had a break from you guys…” I said to him, joking.  “Anyways, I need to go and get blessed so I can stop being stress out.”

I hang up and to go back to my room to take my day and change into long sleeves and pants with close walking shoes. I make sure I have my phone, camera and my drawing notebook in my bag before leaving and locking the door behind me. I meet some of the boys on the way and I tell them that I will meet them at the restaurant later. I walk away putting my headphones on and start putting my music.

***

“Do you think she’s okay?” ask J-hope. “She seemed quite off… I never seemed her snap like that in a meeting since our minsunderstanding with Yoongi hyung.”

“She hasn’t really relaxed or take a break since this morning” said Namjoon. “But what do we really know about our teacher except that she’s an exceptional dancer?”

They decide to have fun at the pool, even dragging poor Yoongi with them, forgetting about how a mystery I am.

***

I hop in a taxi and tell the driver where I want to go. He also compliments me on my well-spoken mandarin but I don’t really listen, just watch the landscape around me. It’s still day light when I get there meaning that will be able to see the sunset from the temple, liked I planed. I thank the driver and pay him before taking my headphones off, putting them in my back. I stand in front of the temple entrance and take a big breath of the calmness and serenity of this sacred place. I walk in and I’m still amazed by the view of this temple offers with its little garden. I take pictures and bow when I see a monk. I like at this time of day because it’s less crowed and I walk in the temple, taking my shoes off. I quietly take the example of the monks and start praying, not noticing that I was the only none monk in the temple. After, I just kneeled there, thinking. My thoughts bring me towards BTS, Big Bang oppas but especially my family and my future. I just wish I could do what I want without after thought, without a time frame. Prayers time over, I bow again at the Buddha statue before getting up and quietly putting back my shoes. I see a monk that seemed to be a head monk and he smiled had me, inviting me to come towards him.

“It’s rare these days to see a young girl at this temple at this time of the day.” He said to me. “Did you come to pray?”

“More to get my blessing and calm my mind of all my insecurity.” I said to him while bowing. “But also, this temple is a nice quite place to watch the sunset.”

“Let’s take a walk together.” He said and I following him. “You can tell me how you can speak so well Chinese.”

We start doing some small talk and we wen to sit on bench to look at the sunset. I never really talk with a monk especially not about my future insecurity except when I go get a blessing. After our talk, we walk and I stop to a souvenir store to by a bracelet. I smile shily to him and he take’s it to bless it before blessing me.

“Head monk do you think I can bring 7 boys to get blessed before their performance the next day?” I ask him and he smile at me. “It would be at the same time in 2 days, is that would be okay?”

“You are always welcome Mila. I will be of course there…” He tells me. “Why don’t choose their bracelet and I will keep it for you until you comeback.”

I thank him and look at bracelet that’s manly enough. I saw some bracelet with wooden beads and one has the Chinese zodiac on it. I try to remember each boy’s zodiac sign and choose 7 of them. Monkey for Jin, Rooster for Yoongi, Dog for J-hope and Namjoon, V and Jimin are the pigs and the ox for the maknae. I pay for them and give it to the head monk while bowing to thank him. I realise that I spend more time than I expected and I give my goodbye. I hurry out of the temple ground to call over a taxi. I got to the restaurant a bit late and I let one of the waitress know that I was part of this group while pointing at the Big Hit staff group and she let me to the tables. I see everybody on three long tables and whisper to her that I will be paying for all three tables. Some staff recognized me and wave and got everybody attention. I can see the girl face…Kim Yunae glare at me before ignoring me and I decide to not sit at that table. I see that the boys are sitting at a table with their managers and the Producers directors. I smiled at them and Jimin was making room for me but I nod my head telling him no…I shouldn’t sit with them. Luckily, I heard my name and turn around to se a young woman waving at me.

“Mila, you can sit with us” said the female voice, smiling.

I thank her before sitting beside her and look around the table to see all the staff smiling at me, welcoming me. I feel a little out of place since I don’t really know them since I mostly been working with the boys and manager Sejin-ssi and didn’t really get the chance to interact with the other staff members.

“This is awkward…” says a young male staff. “I’m Kim Dong-Min and I’m one of the performance technician behind all the cool effects. Here are the boy’s stylists Mee Yoon, Eun Ae, Hae Jung and Joo-Eun. While Mee Joo, Sae Hee and Mee Na are the makeup artist. Chin-Ho and Hyun-Ki are music technician. The rest are dancers Dae-Hyun, Jae won, Nam-Kyu and Kyung.”

I present myself politely to them and they all start asking questions especially about the 9 languages I can speak. They don’t really believe that somebody can speak so much languages at a young age and I tell them smirking at I'm just that smart making them laugh. I decide to prove them how good my mandarin is by firstly ordering the food for the boys. I get up and go to their table where one waitress was waiting to write down their order. My new staff friends have been looking at me curious of what I'm going to do.

“I’m here to translate your orders” I tell the boys and they also look at me seeing my smirk.

“Can we just give the number” says V, confused.

“I’m just making a point” I said showing the staff at my table still looking. “Just give me your orders…”

Without any hesitation I give the orders one bye even if the boys are trying to be difficult just to see if I would hesitate but no, I didn’t. I thank the boys for their cooperation making everybody at their table laugh and I go back to sit. They all look at me when the waitress is at our table and I sign before getting everybody their other under their laugh. I tell them that for the other languages they will have to wait for the boys next world tour. Even if I’m the youngest, they don’t treat me like one and I'm happy that they welcome me with no problem. They are very cool and fun to be with. They even want me to call them oppas and eonnies.

“I say you talking with Kim Yunae after the meeting today” tells me Dong Min oppa.

“She was a bit pissed off that I criticize how she did her job in front of everybody” I tell them signing. “I apologize since she was right but mostly because I was exhausted and didn’t want dill with her any longer.”

“I don’t know what to do with her…” says Eun Ae eonnie, pinching her nose. “She’s always seemed to be with the boys when she’s not even supposed to be there.”

“Actually, she’s only replacing the real Public Relation manager who’s on maternal leave…” says Mee Na eonnie. “She still will be in the same department but will not travel overseas with us…”

We continue to gossiped and it’s funny to see how the males are worse than the female staff. They where curious about my relationship with Big Bang since they saw my video of a year ago when I work with them and the eonnies seemed all to be fans of them. I decide to tell them about our friendship started because of my dad job.

“My dad works for YG Entertainment has a producer” I tell them and they all look at me surprised. “He works a lot with Big Bang and that’s how I first got a job has a translator for an Entertainment company. Big Bang oppas adopted me has their dongsaeng but it was hard at the beginning because of the fans. Jiyong oppa had to intervene giving a good talk to the fans but the fans quickly notice how good I was with them and started to appreciate our friendship.”

“Wow!” says  Hyun-Ki oppa. “Do you have siblings working in the music department since your dad his.”

“I have a brother who working has an apprentice producer or music tech…” I told them. “He’s studying while working also with YG Entertainment.”

We keep talking even if our food arrives and I finally got my stressed away and just enjoying myself. I don’t notice the looks from the boys who are happy to see me finally interact with some of the staff especially since I’ve been working and interacting only with them. Finish, I went to pay for all our food and try and hide it. I watch discreetly Manager Sejin-ssi trying to pay and was surprised that the big bill was already been payed. He looks at everybody but the only person he could think that would do something like that is me. We all went to the hotel tired but happy. The manager reminds us about tomorrow schedule before letting us go to our own room.