Man Up

I Like You - A ChanSoo Fanfiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was walking into the hall that Monday, about to come up to his tall best friend, who was getting books from his locker, when he noticed that Yeri and the rest of Red Velvet were sending dagger looks towards Chanyeol's direction and passing him by.

 

He rushed to Chanyeol's side. “Yah... what happened?”

 

Chanyeol blinked at him in confusion. “What do you mean?”

 

“With you and your girlfriend?”

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes in exasperation. “If you’re talking about Yeri, she’s not my girlfriend. We went out once... twice, if you count the auction but that’s it.”

 

“Still... did you have a fight or something?” Kyungsoo asked, his big eyes still following the group of younger girls turning to a corner.

 

If Chanyeol and Yeri had kissed, that had to be something special, right?

 

“It's a long story.” Chanyeol sighed, slamming his locker door shut. “Let’s just say that I was a jerk and now, she’s mad at me.”

 

Kyungsoo appeared thoughtful as he walked next to Chanyeol towards their classroom. Perhaps Chanyeol’s behavior had been a bit volatile as of late, a jerk was something Kyungsoo would never believe of Chanyeol. His best friend was one of the most well-mannered, well-intentioned, even thoughtful people he had ever known. Whatever did happen, Kyungsoo was sure that there had to be a misunderstanding somewhere.

 

“Uh... I’ll catch up with you in a few minutes. I have to go to the toilet!” Kyungsoo hastily said, running towards the end of the hall.

 

Chanyeol’s gaze trailed after his best friend in confusion as he watched Kyungsoo whizzed past several students to turn to the right corner, bypassing the men's toilet completely.

 

“Y-Yeri!”

 

The maknae of Red Velvet turned around and found the cute best friend of Chanyeol oppa running towards her.

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol entered their classroom room, sans his best friend, immediately scowling upon seeing Jongin sitting next to Kyungsoo's desk. “Jongin-ah, go move to your seat at the back.”

 

 

“Oh, so you’ve patched things up now,” Jongin teased, grinning, but not budging from his perch either.

 

“There wasn’t anything to patch up in the first place,” Chanyeol almost snarled, bumping Jongin out of the way.

 

“Too bad.” Jongin’s sly smile uncurled, casing his perfectly white, straight teeth. “I was beginning to like sitting there. I seem to absorb the lessons better.”

 

Chanyeol was still flashing Jongin a warning look as the latter walked away, indeed returning to his rightful seat at the last row. He would have continued to send his meaning across when he remembered Teacher Kim Junmyeon was giving them a quiz on algebraic equations in about 10 minutes.

 

He quickly checked his homework from his workbook to review the lessons a bit when the bell rang, indicating that it was time for the first class, and Kyungsoo barely made it, just on the tail of their teacher who was staring perplexed at him, since Kyungsoo hardly was ever late in class.

 

Kyungsoo hurriedly bowed in apology and rushed to his seat, almost out of breath.

 

Chanyeol’s brows furrowed. “Where were you?” he whispered.

 

Kyungsoo only shrugged and opened his desk to get his Math workbook, when three boxes of Peppero sprang up at him, tied up in a silvery blue ribbon. Underneath them were about five more letters, some with heart stickers all over them.

 

Kyungsoo didn't know why he was chagrined, especially when he felt Chanyeol's eyes already on them. Chanyeol's large hand took hold of the Peppero boxes, with a card that said “BE MINE ON WHITE DAY!”

 

“From. Jong. In.” Chanyeol’s voice was dripping with venom as he read it expressively. And then his eyes flashed when he caught a familiar name in one of the letters. “Is that from Kris—”

 

Kyungsoo yanked the letters from him just as he was mercifully saved by Teacher Kim Junmyeon calling both their attention and handing out the quiz papers.

 

Chanyeol had no choice but to fume wordlessly in his seat, as he got himself a pen, and Kyungsoo quickly shoved the letters and the Peppero boxes into his backpack, with Jongin grinning like the Cheshire cat at the back of the room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter