Friday Night

I Like You - A ChanSoo Fanfiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo was understandably nervous, hanging out with the seniors that Friday night. He only had enough money for the movie and popcorn and soda. He wouldn’t have extra budget, if the seniors wanted to go for supper afterwards. Tiffany noona was their female leader, so even if Kyungsoo was the only junior/younger one invited in the group, they all welcomed him warmly.

 

He went to ride in Tiffany noona’s car, along with Jessica noona and Taeyeon noona. Siwon hyung drove another car with Kris hyung, Leeteuk hyung and Donghae hyung in it.

 

When Kyungsoo was reaching for his wallet to contribute his share in buying a movie ticket, Kris hyung already handed him one, as the hyungs got to the cinema first. Siwon hyung then generously bought the ladies their tickets.

 

They found their seats, with Kris hyung getting him 3D glasses and even sitting next to him. They occupied a whole row: Siwon hyung, Tiffany noona, Kyungsoo, Kris hyung, Jessica noona, Leeteuk hyung, Taeyeon noona and Donghae hyung. Tiffany noona shared her popcorn with him (with her insisting that she couldn’t finish the whole bucket as Siwon was on a strict diet and couldn’t take anything with butter in it) that Kyungsoo only had to spend money on soda. As the movie was starting, he began to enjoy it as they made him feel like he was one of them.

 

Somewhere in the middle of the movie, he reached to his right for his soda when he noticed that Kris hyung was grinning at him.

 

“W-Waeyo?” Kyungsoo whispered, his big eyes blinking at the cool hyung.

 

Kris covered his mouth with his large hand, chuckling. “That’s my drink.”

 

“Uh… mianhaeyo…” Kyungsoo’s eyes grew wide, and hurriedly wiped the straw with a tissue, hoping no traces of his saliva was left… He must have drunk half of it already… “D-Do you want mine instead?”

 

He reached for the soda cup on his left and offered it to Kris.

 

Kris shook his head, extremely amused, and took the one that Kyungsoo was drinking. “Gwaenchanah.” Then he sipped on it without qualms and returned his focus on the screen.

 

Kyungsoo began to relax and went back to watching the movie, which he immensely appreciated. The cinematography and plot were the first of its kind and it was well worth the money. Also, this was what it felt like to be going out with the cool kids!

 

He didn’t know he could have such a good time like this…

 

Even without Chanyeol by his side.

 

Credits rolled and the lights of the cinema came back on. The group took off their 3D glasses and returned them to the staff member in charge.

 

“Would you guys like to have supper?” Tiffany noona suggested, calling out to the group.

 

Before Kyungsoo could cringe, he and the seniors suddenly bumped into Chanyeol and Yeri.

 

Chanyeol was laughing over something Yeri said, with the younger girl clinging to Chanyeol’s arm comfortably.

 

Chanyeol noticed Yeri’s surprised expression that he had to look up himself.

 

Then he found himself staring into Kyungsoo’s disheartened eyes.

 

“Chanyeol-rah!” Kris hyung greeted, smiling broadly, reaching to shake the younger guy’s hand.

 

Chanyeol took it lamely, while looking everywhere but Kyungsoo.

 

“I thought you were going to help your mom out at her restaurant?”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “Uh, she told me that she and our kitchen crew got it covered so…” He smiled thinly at Yeri, who giggled and blushed. “Anyway, I have to take Yeri home, as I promised her mom I would do so, right after the movie.”

 

“Of course, of course,” Siwon hyung said, smiling at both of them. “See you two at school.”

 

“Such a cute couple!” Jessica noona whispered, gushing, as Kyungsoo cringed inwardly.

 

As Chanyeol and Yeri nodded at the group, they went their separate ways and the seniors and Kyungsoo proceeded to the parking lot.

 

Moments later, before Kyungsoo could get into Tiffany’s car, he said, “Um… I just remembered that I have to go with my mother early to the market tomorrow morning.”

 

“Jinjja?” Tiffany noona asked in surprise. “Do you want me to drop you off?”

 

“Aniyo, aniyo,” Kyungsoo declined automatically. “It’s still pretty early, noona. I can still catch the train. I’ll see you all on Monday!” He bade rather quickly, bowing to Tiffany at the wheel with Jessica and Taeyeon at the backseat.

 

Then he waved at even more shocked hyungs at Siwon’s car, just beside Tiffany’s.

 

“Kyungsoo-yah!”

 

Kyungsoo closed his stinging eyes when he heard Kris hyung call out his name. He feebly turned around.

 

“Gwaenchanah?”

 

Kyungsoo braved to give the hyungs a smile and waved at them again, and then he turned around, almost running to the nearest train station.

 

He halted abruptly, absentmindedly tapping his Seoul metro card at the entryway, when he saw Chanyeol and Yeri—holding hands—boarding the train that just had stopped at the platform.

 

He found the breath leaving his lungs.

 

Were they… together?

 

Since when? Since the auction?

 

How come Chanyeol did not… tell him about it?

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol distractedly found an available seat for Yeri in a crowded train car on a busy Friday night. It was past 9 p.m.  Since Yeri was only 15 years old, and he was the oppa, he had to be responsible and bring Yeri home as instructed by her understanding, yet strict, mother.

 

“I really had a good time tonight, oppa,” Yeri said, looking up at him with shining eyes. “Thank you for the candy, and the hotdog, and the popcorn and the soda…”

 

Chanyeol had to laugh, as Yeri swung their hands together, the younger girl expressing her appreciation. “I wish I could have taken you to a proper dinner.”

 

“Maybe next time?” Yeri asked hopefully.

 

“I think it will be up to your mom,” Chanyeol said carefully. He really did have a good time with her. If truth be told, they didn’t even see Kyungsoo and the seniors until after the movie.

 

But Kyungsoo’s eyes though…

 

They were so disappointed in him.

 

But what did Chanyeol do wrong? He was just spending time with another person, hanging out with somebody else other than him. Just like what Kyungsoo was doing.

 

He didn’t even notice that it was already Yeri’s stop when the younger girl tugged on his hand and they both alighted. It was a short walk to Yeri’s house, in an exclusive village filled with chaebol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter