Classroom Talk

Love O' Clock

Knock Knock Knock

 

The sounds of the endless pounding startled Chorong from her slumber. Slowly gathering all her senses together, she quickly sat upright in bed. Wiping her eyes with her sleeve, making sure all the eye crust is out. She notices the time is past 6, and immediately freaks out. Quickly jumping out of bed and into her closet. With no time at all she defaults to her usual outfit. A pink sundress and knee-high socks. She always knew in her head that the knee-high socks don’t work with the dress, but her conservative side says otherwise.

 

She reaches for the door and opens it. The first thing she saw was her very pissed off roommate Eunji. With her arms folded and eyebrows down.

 

“You do know what time it is… Right?” Eunji said scornfully. Chorong putting her head down knowing she messed up but didn’t want to admit it.

 

“Hurry up. I made breakfast already, let’s go eat and get going as soon as possible.” Eunji made her way downstairs. Chorong shocked as she is usually the one that gets up early in the morning to make breakfast for the both of them.

 

“Uh.” Chorong paused for a moment. Eunji dropping her spoon making sure it made a loud banging sound.

 

“Hey! The omelet doesn’t look that bad! Anyway, it was my 3rd time making it. I haven’t exactly mastered it… But soon!” Eunji said. Chorong laughed at Eunji and kept eating anyway. The aesthetics of the omelet wasn’t there, but the taste is still good.

 

“You know, you can always check to see my future and see that my omelet will be a masterpiece heh.” Eunji grinned. Chorong started to have flashbacks of the time of the incident. She then immediately pouted at Eunji.

 

“It was only one-time hmph. Don’t expect it to happen again!” Chorong raised her voice. And again, remembering back to that memory of her falling down the stairs. Eunji broke her fall but, coincidently on top of each other, face to face. They looked at each other, and just panicked as if they were in a scene of a rom-com. But it was Eunji who thought it would be okay to take a kiss from Chorong. It wasn’t long but it was passionate enough for Chorong to follow suit for a bit. Then Chorong saw an image of Eunji at work taking the elevator and it short circuited and fell from the 8th floor. Causing her death in Chorong’s head.

 

“Well… It was because of you and that incident that I’m still alive now!” Eunji smiled. “You know even though there’s nothing between us, we can y’know check my future more often. Y’know just to make sure I don’t die, Y’know heh” Eunji nudged Chorong.

 

“Absolutely not!” Chorong looked the other direction pouting. A blush to happen right after. “Hurry up and finish your food! Or I’ll be late for work!” Chorong yelled.

 

The both of them finished breakfast and tossed their plates in the sink for later. Eunji grabbed the keys from the table and they both headed out to the car. Conveniently for them, their workplaces were right next to each other. Chorong worked at an elementary school as a teacher for kindergarten and Eunji worked as a public defender for the county.

 

 

 

 

Chorong getting out of the car in a rush. Eunji honked the horn to get her attention again.

 

“Same time as usual!?” Eunji screamed. Chorong gave her a thumbs up and just booked it off to her classroom.

Ring Ring Ring

 

Chorong barging inside her classroom almost tripping over herself. She then regained her balance and looked up to a bunch of eyes. She then squinted her eyes and looked at the children.

 

“You guys didn’t see anything…” Chorong said. The whole classed laughed at Chorong.

 

“You’re late Ms. Park!”
 

“You almost tripped Ms. Park.”
 

“I didn’t do my homework Ms. Park.”

 

The parade of chatter broke out throughout the classroom. Chorong then tried to hush them all up.

 

“Alright! Enough wasting time kids! Let’s start class!” Chorong said. Before she could transition into science. The P.E teacher Hans Kim entered the classroom.

 

“Hey! Ms. Park… Sorry. I know class just started but I was wondering if I could ask you something really quick…” Hans asked. Chorong immediately got annoyed as she’s trying to teach and forget about being late.

 

“What is it now!? Can’t you wait till recess or something!” Chorong shouted.

 

“Uh… I could but… Hey! Do you want to get dinner tonight? I got reservations for tw---” Hans was then interrupted as a student threw their pencil case at him.

 

“Heyyy! We’re trying to learn about plants from Ms. Park! Get out Mr. Hans!!!” A student yelled. Another student thought it would be funny to throw their pencil pouch as well at Mr. Hans. He then tried to block each individual’s thrown object.

 

“Wait kids! I’m just trying t o ask Ms. Park something!” Hans shouted while blocking his face. A student from the front of the class stood up.

 

“Ms. Park already has a girlfriend Mr. Hans! She wo.. won’t get food with you tonight!” A student shouted at Hans.

 

Chorong confused face appeared and looked down at the student.

 

“I have a… What?” Chorong asked.

 

“Yeah! Ms. Park has a girlfriend! She drops her off at school every day!” Multiple students got up from their seats to shout.

 

“I don’t have a girlfriend! And I’m not dating anyone!!!” Chorong shouted at her kids. She immediately got furious.

 

“Then who’s that women that always drop you off in the morning?” The student in the front of the class asked.

 

“She’s my roommate, she works close to us here!” Chorong explained to the kids.

 

Another student raising their hand to get attention.

 

“Yes…? Lam?” Chorong pointed.

 

“If she’s your roommate, why do you guys always smile at each other before you guys separate?” Lam asked. Chorong facepalmed and was over today and it just started.

 

“That doesn’t mean I’m in a relationship with them Lam!” Chorong shouted.

 

“But my mom told me when she met my dad, they would always smile at each other… Doesn’t that mean you like each other?” Lam explained.

 

Chorong’s face immediately turned red. She then looks at Hans. “Mr. Hans, if you would please leave my classroom this instance! I’m trying to teach the kids.” Chorong said softly, but aggressive. Hans then cowered away and left the classroom.

 

“God… I wonder if Eunji is having a better day at work…”