One

friendships
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk were best friends. Everyone knew them. Many admired their friendship. Many were envious of it. They were so close people often assumed they were dating. Not like they didn’t hype their friendship to look like relationship. For them, it was fun. Two handsome boys together made the best couple in the school.

 

When they were young, they had decided to stay by each other’s side no matter what. When they grew up, Donghae started dating a girl and got his heart broken in the end. Eunhyuk was there to cheer him up. Back then, with Eunhyuk making fun of his ex, Donghae decided that he didn’t need any girlfriend in his life. Eunhyuk was just enough. He was even better.

 

“I don’t want to date ever again.” Donghae told him one day and Eunhyuk was surprised. “If I ever date a girl, she’ll be the one who tolerates me better than you. I think it’s going to be really hard to find a girl like that.”

 

“Did you just compliment me?” Eunhyuk was shocked. “Is that your way of saying that I’m the best thing in your life?”

 

Donghae rolled his eyes. “That’s way too dramatic. But I’m glad to have you.”

 

That was back in middle school. Once they got in high school, they got fans of their own. Although they were best friends, several girls and boys shipped them like crazy. Whenever they entered the class together, students would cheer. Whenever they ate together, there were several eyes on them. Whenever they hugged, there were gasps. They wondered what would happen if they kiss, someone might have a heart attack.

 

The duo enjoyed the attention they received. They often held hands, smiled at each other and hugged when they met as if they were a couple. When they got the expected reaction, they would laugh about it.

 

The second reason, according to Donghae, for behaving that way was to steer away any boy or girl coming their way. After his heart break back in the middle school, they had decided that they weren’t going to date anyone (well, only Donghae did. But he always considered his decisions as Eunhyuk’s also). It was an unspoken rule that he expected to last, at least, until their graduation.

 

But Donghae was known to be living in his own little world and Eunhyuk was known to keep secrets.

 

That’s why Eunhyuk had a girlfriend Donghae didn’t know about.

 

Somin was a beauty. She had beautiful brown eyes, long brown hair and an amiable personality. She was every boy’s dream.

 

Eunhyuk and Somin became partners for Biology, the only class he didn’t share with Donghae. She was smart, he was witty and they both just clicked. They became friends first, exchanged phone numbers, started texting each other, and then came calls that lasted for hours.

 

Somin wanted to keep their relationship a secret in fear of other students who shipped Donghae and Eunhyuk, their couple name being Eunhae. Eunhyuk kept it a secret to protect his girlfriend. He didn’t tell Donghae because the boy couldn’t keep a secret to save his life.

 

So in the end, the only ones who knew about them were Eunhyuk, his parents, Somin, her parents and her best friend, Mina.

 

It was going just fine for six months. But then things started to get out of hand when the Eunhae shippers started becoming bold.

 

Their first move was drawing an explicit drawing of Donghae and Eunhyuk and posting it anonymously on internet. It made Donghae laugh but disgusted Eunhyuk. He didn’t say anything about it though.

 

The second move was locking the two in bathroom, very stupid thing to do in Donghae’s words. They were friends and would, willingly, never do anything with each other.

 

The third one was stealing Donghae’s clothes when he was showering after gym and hiding them in Hyukjae’s bag. Although Donghae brushed it off, Hyukjae got angry.

 

“Who the hell did this?” Hyukjae had shouted at the students inside locker room. He was fuming with anger.

 

No one spoke. Boys were giving each other confused looks. They had no idea who the culprit was. Seeing Eunhyuk furious like that, they knew whoever it was had ticked off Eunhyuk.

 

“Eunhyuk,” Sungmin, his classmate and friend spoke calmly. “Calm down.”

 

Eunhyuk gritted his teeth and lowered his gaze. He wasn’t supposed to lose his anger like that but he was getting really angry. Simple glances and little cheers by the admirers were fine but this was getting out of hand. God knows what they would do later on.

 

“I’m sorry,” he apologized in a low voice.

 

“Hyuk,” he heard his best friend’s voice from behind him. A hand was placed on his shoulder and he felt himself calming down.

 

He wasn’t the only victim. Donghae was too.

 

What if he had not found clothes or left? What if Donghae’s clothes were not placed in his bag? These actions could have put Donghae at risk too.

 

“Let’s go,” he grabbed Donghae’s hand and pulled him out of there.

 

Donghae looked at his best friend, confused by his actions. He didn’t understand why Eunhyuk was fuming. Why was he so angry?

 

“Eunhyuk,” he asked once the two came out of the school and started heading to their homes. “Why are you so angry?”

 

Eunhyuk sighed. “I hate it.”

 

“Hate what?”

 

“I hate how they are going so overboard with it.” Eunhyuk muttered with contained anger. “Someone stole you clothes today. What if I wasn’t around? What could have happened to you?”

 

“What could have happened to me?” Donghae questioned. “Have you looked at my body? I have all the muscles. I can beat someone up if they try something. You, on the other hand, seriously need to worry.”

 

Eunhyuk chuckled. “I’m fast and smart.” He argued. “You, on the other hand, are stupid.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. You always call me stupid. I’m immune to it now.” Donghae rolled his eyes.

 

“But seriously Donghae, I needed to show my anger in order to let them know that I was not happy. This is invasion of privacy and I don’t like it.”

 

“I understand,” Donghae smiled. “Now stop being so gloomy. Let’s go home and play.”

 

“And fail tomorrow’s biology quiz? I’m fine, thank you.”

 

“What? You have a quiz tomorrow? That’s so sad.” Donghae pouted. Eunhyuk smiled at the cute sight. “Who am I going to play with now?”

 

“Kyuhyun,” Eunhyuk answered. “He’s been missing your face.”

 

“But he is such a brat. He always wins.” Donghae complained about Eunhyuk’s neighbor. “And he sees my face every day.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter