Chapter 2

A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Jeongyeon opened her eyes the next morning the first red light appeared. She thought of Nayeon before anything else. And usually she was excited to go to work because of her book and all the friendly people, but this time she was more excited to see Nayeon than anything else. 

She turned around and faced Tzuyu. Her girlfriend. She had to remind herself of that. And it's not that she didn't like her, it's just that feelings towards Nayeon were more intense. More real. 

Now this was going to be a problem. Jeongyeon didn't want to be unfair to Tzuyu, to lead her on while another woman still secretly had her heart in her hands. But then again, Tzuyu had kind of a special place in her heart too. 

And anyway, Jeongyeon didn't really know anything about Nayeon now, except where she lived and that she was still an emotional mess. But other than that she had to meet her all over again. Maybe she's changed, maybe she doesn't feel the same about her anymore. Even though the possibility of Nayeon being over her terrified her, she had to accept it, whether it was or wasn't true. 

Because really, nothing can happen, nothing should happen. They're not two reckless college students anymore living in their own little world. Now there were other people who they should take in consideration. 

Yet still, Jeongyeon couldn't help but feel all giddy and excited about going to work. She felt like a teenager with butterflies in her stomach at the thought of Nayeon there. 

"Good morning." Tzuyu said after she observed her girlfriend's smile for a while. Jeongyeon was on her back, staring at the ceiling with her eyes sparkling and lips curved into a small grin. 

It took the older a little by surprise. "Oh, good morning." Jeongyeon her side and stared at Tzuyu. She was so pretty and flawless even. A perfect girlfriend to have too. 

So why was Jeongyeon missing all the imperfections? Why was Jeongyeon longing for all the heated and angry kisses, why was Jeongyeon yearning for a girl who used to be so late all the time that almost every other time it brought them to a short break up before one of them gave in. 

Why was Jeongyeon all of a sudden not satisfied with what she had? She obviously knew the answer was the girl who recently appeared in her life out of nowhere, but she wanted that to not be true so bad. 

"Should I make us breakfast?" Tzuyu offered and went to remove the covers and get up but Jeongyeon stopped her. 

"It's okay, we can go have breakfast later." She said and pulled Tzuyu in. Way rougher than the younger expected or was used to. 

Jeongyeon kissed her a little too desperately for a lazy morning, way more desperate than in general. Tzuyu didn't know the older was trying to get a certain someone off her mind, didn't know she was trying to prove to herself that Tzuyu was enough. 

But it didn't work, and just like that Jeongyeon's old wound called Nayeon reopened again. 

...

Nayeon's morning was way different than the previous night. Even though her puffy eyes showed how much she cried, the morning was rather calm and even happy for her. 

She thought it was the child jumping on the bed in between her and Doyoung, screaming for them to get up because she was hungry, but she had no idea Jeongyeon was a part of her happiness too. Or at least she refused to believe. 

"You're way too energetic in the morning..." Doyoung groaned and turned around with a pillow over his head. Nayeon and Hyein looked at each other and bursted out laughing. 

"Let's go have some breakfast and get ready for kindergarten." Nayeon took Hyein into her arms and got up from the bed. 

"It's not kindergarten mommy, that's for babies." Hyein, a five year old, replied to her mom. 

"And what is it called where you go to then hm?" Nayeon asked after laughing heartily. 

"School." The little know it all said. But Nayeon could never let her have her own way. 

"If you want to get technical, it's preschool." Nayeon told her daughter who huffed and asked to be put down. 

"I'm going to get dressed while you make breakfast." The kid said and Nayeon almost laughed. 

"Oh you are?"

"Yes."

"Try not to put your pants on your head this time." Nayeon laughed, watching her daughter stomp angrily towards her bedroom. 

Doyoung entered the kitchen after observing the little banter. He gave a quick kiss to Nayeon before pouring himself a cup of coffee. 

"We raised a little smartass didn't we?" Nayeon asked. 

"No we didn't." He chuckled. "You did."

Nayeon gasped brining a hand to her chest, faking offense. 

"Yeah it's true. All that attitude, it's all from you. A little bit genetics and a little bit your interactions such like this one." He laughed when Nayeon pouted. 

"You should go make sure she dresses properly this time while I go and put some make up on." Nayeon told her husband after finishing the breakfast and placing it on the table. 

He nodded his head but gave her a concerned look. "Is everything okay?"

Nayeon knew what he was talking about, even though he didn't. Either way she wasn't going to talk about that certain topic with him, although she did need to give Sana a call to meet up. She had to tell her about Jeongyeon being back in her life. 

"Yes everything is fine." She replied seriously and he instantly knew it wasn't. But still, he wouldn't meddle. 

He went to help Hyein get dressed and Nayeon went to put make up on and get dressed as well. When she came back, both of them were done eating and the girl was ready to be dropped off at "school".

...

Nayeon drove her car in the heavy rain and huffed again at the traffic in front of her. She honked but with no use, no one could move either way. 

She let out a sigh of frustration and let her head rest against the steering wheel. She could almost cry. And if it wasn't for Hyein she probably would. 

"Mommy are you okay?" The girl asked and leaned closer to leave a small kiss on Nayeon's cheek. 

Nayeon smiled and turned to look at her girl. Her beautiful little brown eyed angel. "I'm okay." She said simply and pulled the kid into a hug. 

Moments after, she heard the car behind honk at her. The road was clear now. She thanked the heavens and stepped on the gas.

After dropping Hyein off she drove to work and parked her car a little further from the building and sat in it for a while. The rain was still pouring and Nayeon got chills. She glanced towards the book peeking out from her bag in the backseat, waiting for her. Nayeon still couldn't. 

This time around Nayeon was even early to work so she decided to relax in her car and listen to the rain for a few minutes before she had to go endure all the pain and hurt Jeongyeon would unintentionally cause her. 

She closed her eyes and let her thoughts drift off to the first thing on her mind. 

...

The first thing Nayeon felt that morning was a pair of lips against her neck before she heard the rain against their window. Oh how she loved being woken up like that, with Jeongyeon's lips waking her up and her hands all over her body. 

She shivered when she felt Jeongyeon a bit harsher and her hands tangled themselves in Jeongyeon's short blonde hair. And knowing Jeongyeon was going to leave a mark she pulled her up towards her before she could do too much. 

She kissed the younger hastily before pulling back slightly. "Don't leave a mark Jeong." Nayeon threatened but Jeongyeon just laughed and pulled her back in. She on Nayeon's bottom lip before pulling back herself.

"I already did." The blonde winked and Nayeon rolled her eyes. 

"I'm never going to hear the end of teasing from Sana." Nayeon huffed and went back to kissing her girlfriend with hands easily settling against her hips. 

...

Nayeon got woken up by a phone call. She was confused and lost for a moment. The caller ID wasn't visible and she didn't know who the number belonged to. But she picked up either way. 

"Hello is this Nayeon?" The oh so familiar voice spoke and Nayeon shivered. 

"This is she." The older replied. Acted like she had no idea who it was. 

"I am sorry to inform that you are late again. I hope this is the last time because we won't tolerate it any further."

This made Nayeon wake up. She quickly sat up apologizing before she said she would be right there. And she was. 

"Good morning." Jeongyeon greeted seemingly unfazed. 

Nayeon only nodded and hid her flushed face from Jeongyeon's view. 

"I told Mina you were on time today, so I basically covered for you." The blonde said to the older who was busy placing her stuff on a small table in the corner of the room. 

Nayeon cleared . "You didn't have to do that."

"Yeah, but I wanted to." 

"Thank you then." Nayeon said. "I promise it won't happen again."

Jeongyeon averted her gaze to some papers on her table and smiled. "Sure it won't." She chuckled. "So as you see, this office has four working tables. This one is mine, so you can choose whichever you'd like for yourself." The girl announced and Nayeon immediately chose the furthest one from Jeongyeon. It made the blonde chuckle again but she said nothing. 

Nayeon sat in peace at her table for a while, intentionally avoiding Jeongyeon's gaze, who wasn't afraid of l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter