(!new) - fourth wave

something unforgettable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

warning(s): unedited, pretty much word vomit.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had many dreams. Some about stupid things that would never happened in his life, some about him being a dragon trapped inside a castle, but barely about his past that haunted him everyday; barely about the things that shaped him to be the person he was now. 

But this time, his dream is filled with his past. It was lucid―blurry―yet he still managed to figure out that the person standing tall as he kneeled down was his ex-girlfriend; her eyes filled with fresh tears Baekhyun assumed as happy tears. 

Then it poofed away. Changing into the most heartbreaking thing he ever go through. 

The blurry sight of his ex-girlfriend putting her engagement ring on Baekhyun’s work desk present as she apologized to him for not being able to marry him. 

And suddenly, he saw himself sleeping on his office couch with his laptop wide open. 

He doesn’t want to see more, doesn’t want to be reminded of those days that pained him. 

So he ran away from his own dream. 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun gained his consciousness when he felt someone moved against his body to seek for more warmth. He was slightly breathless as the vivid imagery of his dream still present on the back of his head. 

The morning had been cold enough without the air conditioner on, unconsciously bringing himself to tighten his arms around the person next to him. He slowly opened his eyes, to be greeted by the sight of the sun glaring at him through the thin curtain, his eyes then drifted to where you curled next to him. 

He decided that it was too early for him to wake you up once he glanced at the clock that is ticking against his walls; 6.70AM. Baekhyun sighed, burying his head on your nape to inhale your scent―his scent as you showered in his bathroom last night―to calm his thoughts down. 

It had been too early for him to reach an epiphany, but with the sight of how serene you looked in the morning, and how his past haunting him, he couldn’t help but to think about everything that has been going through his life for the past years. He knew that it took him a lot to even be at this comfortable stage with you, seeing you more than he ever did with his past flings he had in the island after months of staying. 

Being able to have you in his arms is a blessing to him, even though he knew that sooner or later the choices are yours to make either you want to stay by his side or not after he tells you the truth about him. But being brave is his thing, he knew that he needed to brave through things. Maybe, just maybe, with you by his life, he will be able to and stop running away from his fears. 

“Baekhyun?” The soft tune of your voice snapped him out of his thoughts, he hummed to answer you. 

You didn’t even turn to look at him, only scooting backwards until his chest pressing against your back with no distance at all. Baekhyun chuckled―a bit breathlessly and well, hoarse―at your action, tightening his arm around your figure, “It’s too early to wake up, baby. Go sleep some more.” 

“Then you go back to sleep too,” your voice came out as a mumble as you nuzzle your face to the inner part of his arm to inhale his scent. He doesn’t answer, but he listened to you. Letting himself going back to sleep with you in his arms, wishing for his past to not haunt him in his dream again. 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun had forced you to go to the small gym in the village he brought you to days ago, yet, he barely work out and only thinking about his dream. He couldn’t focus even though he tried his best to not think about it by doing some chest muscles excercise. It wasn’t until he loses his focus completely and strained his own arm and groaned when you noticed that Baekhyun was distracted. 

“You seemed distracted today. Why is it?” Your voice could be heard clearly even though you were using the treadmill a few feet away from where he was standing. Baekhyun just sighed, turning to where you are to stare at you. 

“It’s no―” he tried to answer, but you cut him off with a scoff. 

“Don’t lie to me.” 

Your voice are now clearer as you walk towards him, standing right in front of him with a worried look on your face. He found it endearing how worried you are being just because he was distracted. Baekhyun sighed then, taking your hand in his to lead you to the benchpress before seating himself there, settling you on his lap. He was glad that the gym are empty aside from the both of you. 

He was holding you close to him, his arms wrapped around your waist with his face nuzzled to your neck. Baekhyun exhaled, then he started talking about what’s bothering him. 

“I had a dream of my past, not really my favorite thing to dream about.” 

“Do you mind telling me?” You questioned him carefully, pulling his face away from your neck to cup his cheeks with your palms. Caressing the apple of his cheeks. With a sigh, Baekhyun nodded his head. Though, doesn’t start speaking until he calmed his breathing. 

That day, right in the middle of a small gym room, Baekhyun showed you his vulnerable side. That day, he brave through his fears and told you everything he never tell anyone; not even his close friends. 

 

 

 

 

At the age of 22, Byun Baekhyun fell in love with a woman whose eyes resemble a cat, long hair falls perfectly around her waist, and lips colored in the shade of red that reminded him of cherries. She was everything he dreamt of, with her soft-spoken demeanor, gentle fingers, and eyes that shone as if the stars belonged in her eyes. 

The remaining years of his university days were filled with happy memories with her in the picture, and Byun Baekhyun know that he wanted her to be the one who he spends his days growing old with. 

Two years after he met her, fresh out of university, he was able to officially, proudly, call her as his girlfriend. She was everything Baekhyun ever wanted. She’s smart, she’s quick witted, and her cherry lips brought fortune to her life. They were so in love with each other, attached by the hips, and they always do things together. 

She also was the one who supported Baekhyun the fullest when he decided to start his advertising company, telling him that his talent would be a waste if he worked under people, helping him by introducing people who would gladly help him as she has a wide connection of friendship and acquaintances. There are days where Baekhyun felt like giving up, moreover when he was struggling with money after spending it on settling for a new company. 

When Baekhyun’s company was successful enough, he went down to his knees when their relationship hit the fourth year mark. He remembered the way her cherry lips trembled, her eyes glistened in tears as she said yes to him. She was happy. Grateful. Content. 

At least that was what Baekhyun had assumed her to feel. 

Oh, how wrong his assumption was as great things never lasted. After a few months of him proposing to her; she grew distant. She avoided Baekhyun by going out with her friends instead of coming to his place for dinner, spending more time at work that she didn’t have the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter