Part 2

The Writer and her Muse

Miss Kim caught herself thinking that she was listening to what was happening in the hallway, although she had done everything not to hear it.

“She's not free, stop it,” she scolded herself mentally, switching to the film on the TV screen.

“Um, thanks for the phone,” Miss Son dropped in . - The master will come tomorrow, agreed on the morning. It’s good that tomorrow is Saturday.

“Yes, but what about your phone?” What kind of charge do you need? - making on soundless, asked Miss Kim.

- Do not worry, Mina will come tomorrow and bring her exercises. Thanks again for the help - she smiled at Miss Son , hiding her hands in the pockets of her pajamas. - I’ll probably go, I don’t want to disturb you, to rest. See you on Monday?

“Maybe earlier,” Miss Kim smiled affably, rising to hold her. “We are neighbors.”

- Exactly. Thanks again - going out the door and closing it behind herself, miss Son said .

She was left alone again, with the phone in her hand and with a stupid heart, which beat in unison with her stupid thoughts.

“Look at this Mina ,” she said aloud, returning to a solitary viewing of a romantic film.

The next time they were lucky to talk only a week later, when Miss Kim had run out of salt. No matter how trite it may sound, but it was. Usually she eats without salt, but today her friends, best friends, have asked for her, and they all, like one, like spicy and salty foods.

They promised to come to her on Sunday afternoon, according to their concept, which means that it will be around 11:00. She had to get up early, run off to the store, buy groceries, bread, lettuce leaves, snacks andsome goodies. Then quickly cook everything, clean up, get soju, wine and a soft drink. Put yourself in order, be ready for their arrival.

Bizarre unnie : We're on our way. Wait for us.

One of her friends wrote an hour ago, but there were no signs of them. As there was no salt in its reserves. Well, it seemed to be something like that, and now she was standing opposite the miss Son door , praying that she would be at home.

I had to knock for a long time. When Miss Kim despaired and was sure that nobody was home, the door opened slightly. A sleepy voice, which subsequently haunted Miss Kim for almost the entire month, quietly asked:

“Do you need anything, Miss Kim?”

- I apologize that it is so early, but you do not accidentally have salt?

- Salt? - the doors opened wider, but the girl did not show up. - How much salt do you need?

“How much will you give?” Miss Kim really did not know how to answer such a question.

- Wait a minute - the doors closed to open after 2 minutes with an outstretched hand holding salt. “I hope so much is enough,” muttered a voice, not waiting for thanks, the door slammed shut again in the face of the perplexed Miss Kim.

  1. learned something new, miss Son is not a morning person. But she’s still sweet, ”Miss Kim thought to herself, returning to her home.

Girlfriends arrived on time, exactly at noon. She got used to it, since school days, her friends were very punctual.

- Without sarcasm, girlfriend, we came - hugging tightly, said the oldest of the friends, Im Nayeon .

“We would have come earlier if someone didn’t want to go down the road to the grocery store and buy ice cream for themselves - going after her, told the true reason for the delay, Yoo Jeongyeon .”

- And if this someone decided to join Nayeon , and buy meat, claiming that Tofu would forget - removing the girl to the side, grumbled Minatozaki Sana. “I'm so glad to see you, baby - hugged and kissed on both cheeks.”

- We had to with Sana - unnie forcefully push out of the store, and almost pull all the way here - agreed Jihyo , closing the door behind her. “We have not been here for so long, but your apartment has not changed at all.” And it smells so good, I really hope it smells like your famous fried tofu?

- Come in, find out - invited them all to the kitchen. She was very glad to see them, because the last meeting took place three months ago. “I'm very glad to see you all, unnie ,” she said sincerely.

“We too, cub.” We want to tell you so much, we have so much news!

- In Sana'a I had a girl! - exclaimed Nayeon .

- Unnie! - Sana was indignant, presenting a finger to her lips. - I wanted to tell everything myself!

- Sorry, sorry, but Tofu already heard. Imagine, Tofu, in our Sanatang have a girlfriend. And she doesn’t want to introduce us to her - she pursed her lips, pouting pouted at the Japanese girl, which shyly looked away.

- I'm not sure yet that Tzuyu is my girlfriend. She is still thinking about my proposal - she admitted to her friends.

“I'm sure she will say yes, Sana,” Nayeon cheered on her friend , everyone joined her.

The next hour, they discussed options if, after all, the girl refuses her friend. After they drank another bottle of wine, soju, again drove to the store, bribed meat. Then they began to recall the past life, their first meeting, their school madness, their first recognition in relation to itself.

First love, cruel mockery and pain of betrayal. Yes, all this was between them, until they realized that their friendship was stronger than everything else. The main thing is to maintain friendship between them. They went to friendship for a long time, but now they are “sisters” and understand each other perfectly.

- Tofu, you know what I noticed during our conversation with you - half-questioningly asked Jihyo , making a sip from a glass of red wine. Miss Kim only raised an eyebrow, expecting what her friend wanted to say.-You're always talking about some girl named miss Son. Who is she?

“Oh, yes, I also noticed,” Jeongyeon winked at her. - Miss Son did that, miss Son spoke to me, miss Son is so cute in tiger pajamas. Who is she, tofu?

- Miss Son? My work colleague - the girl shrugged, pretending to be completely not interested in her.

-Apparently not just a colleague - Nayeon grinned. - Do you like her?

- Who?

“Do not pretend, Tofu,” she pushed into the shoulder, then moved closer, carefully looked at the face, which at that moment was red from the drunk wine, in the eyes that Sana’s eyes had been avoiding. - Do you like her?

“I want to make friends with her, but nothing works out for me.”

- Just make friends? No, I think that in your heart - softly touched the place where the heart beat.

- ... if there is something there, I try to forget about it - her words sounded sad somehow. - She's busy. She and her girlfriend have been together for more than 3 years.

- Oh, we are so sorry, baby - she was surrounded on all sides, offering her support and love. For a few minutes, Miss Kim felt cheerful again.

“So why can't you make friends with her?” Nayeon asked , still holding her in her arms. - You are already the brightest and most energetic. You better attract friends to us. So what's the problem with her?

“Well ...” she scratched her head, trying to formulate an answer, but only the name “Mina” came to mind. - I don’t know. We talked only a couple of times, and then only here. Miss Son is my neighbor. Her next apartment.

-Cool! - clapped her hands Jeongyeon . - As easy as pie! Come to her on various pretexts, ask about everything, even a stupid idea will do. And maybe, in the near future, she will agree with you to go to the cinema, then to karaoke, have dinner, etc.

“ Jeongyeon knows what he's talking about,” Nayeon assented , smiling at the girl. - She liked one girl, also a neighbor, toil for a long time , until I gave her a slap and told her to go to her. Their romance did not last long, but not forgotten, yes, Jeongyeon ? - grinned wryly, squinting cheerfully one eye.

- Ah, you about JiEung? Hot thing - Jihyo, recalling the tall long-legged goddess. “She tried to hit on all of us.” We were spinning us, as in a puppet dance, we then had a fight for the first time, until we found out that she was spinning with two more girls and one guy.

“Yes, a funny memory,” Sana laughed, everyone caught a laugh, and Jeongyeon laughed the loudest .

“I went to see her today, for salt,” sighed Miss Kim dumbly, returning to her problem. - Miss Son didn’t even look out to me. She simply reached out and gave the salt.

- I have an idea! Go get her salt back and ask her to go to the cinema with you!

- But today is our day, we ourselves wanted to go to the cinema - not understanding what Jeongyeon is driving towards .

“Here is your chance, baby.” Tell her that unnie (choose any of us) refused to go at the very last moment. And you really want to go to this film, do not want to miss it ...

“I like your plan,” Jihyo approved, patting her friend's hand.

- But ...

- Tofu, go - helped to get up from the floor where she was sitting, Sana pushed her to the door, she opened it, then brought it out and closed it in front of her. - Good luck!

I had to do everything as the senior friends ordered. Miss Kim again stood across from the miss Son door today . She ran her hair through her hair with excitement, forced herself to calm down, knocked. Opened quickly, Miss Kim was even a little scared when she met miss Son's irritated face.

“Ah, it's you, Miss Kim.” She took a breath, smiled wryly. - I thought again that idiot from the first floor. Okay, it doesn't matter. Did you want something?

- N - no , return the salt to you. Thank.

- Please - seeing that the neighbor is still wrinkling in front of her, she asked. - Something else?

- Come with me to the cinema? - and then it started, carried everything that came to mind, she had never invented so many lies in her entire 25-year life. But apparently it worked, because the girl agreed, though she delayed the answer for 2 minutes.

Since then it all started.

The first steps in their friendship were overcome and gradually they became closer. And not only at home, but also at work, too. Basically, everything came from Miss Kim's suggestions. She invited: to the cinema, to karaoke, to the park, to jog, to go to the amusement park, to do some shopping, to go to work in the neighboring area for work. She brought a cup of hot coffee, took care of a large influx of visitors, luring them to her to give miss Son some rest .

After several months of such a friendly courtship by Miss Kim, miss Son surrendered, accepted into her heart as a friend. True, before that they had a strange dialogue. They were just sitting in Miss Son’s apartment , waiting for their favorite show, often like this recently, when a thoughtful question sounded in silence:

“Tell me, Miss Kim, are you flirting with me?”

- I`m?! No. Why did you decide this?

- Simply, all your courtship is more suitable for flirting than friendship. Do you definitely want only friendship? You remember that I have Mina, right?

- I have long wanted to make friends with you, I like you. Maybe I hoped for something more if I had not seen Mina. A very beautiful girl, just for you.

“You saw Mina, but I haven’t introduced you to her yet.”

- Uh, that day when you came to ask to give you a phone call. I accidentally saw your passionate kiss - blushed that memory, Miss Kim. “From that day I know that you are busy.” But that does not change the fact that I want to be your friend. I like being around you, miss Son .

- We have already switched to "you"? I also wanted to be your girlfriend for a long time, unnie .

" Unnie " my heart fluttered as soon as I heard a word from miss Son . For a long time nobody called her like that. After all, her friend is older than herself. So nice to hear " unnie ."

Strange, but from those words, some ice surrounding miss Son burst , and she appeared on the other side. Affectionate, gentle, loving and caring for his unnie . If earlier in her face she saw an adult woman, now she saw a child hungry for love and care.

It was worth seeing how the forbidden again burst out, entrenched not only in the heart rhythm, but also in thoughts. Things got worse when miss Son decided to introduce her to Mina, and after that meeting, Miss Kim realized that she could not win.

Miyu Mina is the kindest, gentle, gentle little man in the whole world. Elegant, "beautiful daughter-in-law." Miss Kim clearly saw how Mina loves and cherishes every gesture, word, action associated with miss Son .And so, Miss Kim clearly saw the return from miss Son in relation to Mina .

- They are such a lovely couple;

“I can never challenge Mina and make miss Son miserable .”

“Let me suffer, but seeing the happy smile of miss Son, I am happy too!”

So she wrote to her older friends when they asked.

-My pain, her happinessn- DaHyun muttered , leaning back in her chair, flexing her shoulders and neck from uninterrupted sitting at the table. -Just like mine with Chaeyoung. Wow, two hours have passed! Chaeng is coming soon, right? No, she certainly won’t be hungry, but she will certainly ask and see if I ate. So, what do we have here? - Going into the kitchen, she opened the refrigerator. There, on the top shelf, there was a plate with ramen, and a fixed note with a small pattern. - How sweet, thank you, my tiger cub, always take care of their shiftless unnie. - Taking out a plate, putting it in the microwave. - Thanks for the food, Chaeyoung!

***

-And what's the news that you couldn't wait until Sunday, until we met? - Chaeyoung asked, looking at a friend who, panting, sat down, opposite.

-Great news for you, Chaeng - Tzuyu said, recovering a little. - I heard this morning when I walked past my sister’s room.

-And what did you hear?

- I heard Mina say to Sana - unnie that this Sunday she will ask you to move to her - Tzuyu smiled pretty, but the effect she expected to receive from the news did not happen. Maybe Chaeyoung didn't understand me? Repeat? -Chaeng, hey, I say that my sister told my girlfriend...

-The first time I heard everything perfectly- Chaeyoung waved, still recovering from such news.

Of course she expected to ever hear such an offer from Mina, but not right now? Now she could not move to her, because DaHyun - unnie needs her. Unnie cannot live without her even a couple of hours while she writes her book. Chaeyoung was sure that now she is sitting hungry, without raising her fingers from the keyboard, is typing.

-You have some strange reaction to this - Tzuyu muttered, looking closely at the girl. - But I probably would have reacted like that myself if Sana - unnie, suggested that. In any case, pretend that you first heard when Mina asked, okay?

-So - said Chaeyoung, smiling. - Sana - unnie is your girlfriend, right? You said that you were avoiding her, that you want to make sure of her feelings for you. Convinced? - Tzuyu shyly embarrassed, then bowed her head, blushing. - I'm glad for you, friend. When will you tell her the good news?

-Sunday - she said softly.

- I see - after that they were silent for a while.

- How's the DaHyun - unnie book going? - Tzuyu asked, thanking the waiter who put the drink next to her. - What will it be about?

- I do not know. Unnie hasn't let me read a line yet - Chaeyoung perked up. - She's been writing for a week now. Therefore, I can’t linger for a long time, I need to be with her, because you know when you start writing and forget about everything. When I left today, I left ramen in the refrigerator, with a note so that she would not forget to eat it . But I think, having returned now I’ll see that she didn’t look in the refrigerator there. And, probably, that hot chocolate that is on the table has cooled down for a long time.

“That is exactly the kind of reaction I would like to get from you when I talked about Mina,” Tzuyu thought to herself. “But all that received is a dry answer. And when she mentioned the name DaHyun - unnie, then..."

They chatted for another half hour, then began to say goodbye to their deeds. In parting, Tzuyu asked:

- Chaeng, please tell DaHyun - unnie knows that Mina is your girlfriend?

- Sure.

-And you remind her of this all the time, yes?

-Well, yes, unnie always helps me, gives advice, comforts me if Mina and I have something to go wrong with - not understanding what her friend is driving at.

-But you said that DaHyun is unnie in love with you, - Tzuyu recalled.

- Yes. What do you want to tell me, Tzuyu?

-I just don’t understand how you can be so selfish, a girl who is in love with you lives next to you, and you always tell her that you are in love with another girl, you hurt her.

- I do not understand, explain better - irritatedly led a shoulder, turned away.

-Are you sure you still love Mina - unnie?

- Of course, I love her - Chaeyoung answered, but not immediately, after a minute, and it was this minute that Tzuyu made clear, she was right in her reasoning.

-You know, Chaeyoung , I advise you to ask your heart, not your mind. I will not blame you if you choose not Mina, my sister. The main thing for me is that you be happy, girlfriend. Think until Sunday, and if you change your mind, say it right away. Say hello from me, DaHyun - unnie .

- What a strange Tzuyu today. When here my feelings to Mina, at what here love DaHyun? Yes, she loves me, but even then we decided that her feelings would not prevent us from living together.

She did not think further, she simply waved it off, and hurried home. Throughout the meeting with Tzuyu, she was worried how her unnie was. She was thinking about what to cook for dinner, what would please her.

Chaeyoung entered a dark apartment, tiptoed over to the office where DaHyun worked, opened the door, looked in. But DaHyun was not there. Her gaze darted around the room, and sighed freely when she saw the girl lying on the couch. She was sleeping, although it was still day outside. Chaeyoung did not wake her, she cautiously approached to shelter. When she approached, she met the girl's thoughtful look, staring at the ceiling.

-DaHyun - unnie, - she called softly, gently touching her hair.

-You are back, tiger cub,- she whispered, taking caress.

- Eat? She asked quietly, squatting down.

- Ramen is very tasty, thanks - a small smile appeared on her face, but disappeared when DaHyun yawned. - My brain is overloaded.

- Do you want to go for a walk in the park? You need fresh air, unnie - carefully removing hair from your forehead so that it does not interfere with your eyes.

- Yes, probably I need to leave the house. Just a little later, okay? - yawned again, sitting comfortably on the couch.

-Of course I won’t bother you, - Chaeyoung said, a little disappointed , getting up, but was held up by her hand.

-You don't bother me, Chaeyoung. Stay - DaHyun muttered half asleep, closing her eyes.

-Such a sweet one, - she whispered, sitting down next to her.

She liked to watch any DaHyun so much, she could watch for hours, admiring the features, hearing her peaceful breathing. I didn’t notice it myself, but her lips almost touched DaHyun 's lips , Chaeyoung quickly pulled back, surprised. She was thrown into the heat, then into the cold, what happens to her? She also has a girlfriend. Mina. They are together for 3 years and love each other.

I love Mina - Chaeyoung said firmly in syllables to herself, moving away from the sofa and moving to the typewriter on the table.

Her gaze lingered on the written sheets neatly stacked. Chaeyoung was curious about what the book was all about, her hand reached for the first piece of paper, even touched the smooth surface of the paper, but disappeared when she heard stirring behind her back. She looked around in dismay , no, DaHyun did not wake up, rolled over to the other side.

Then, when DaHyun will allow.

DaHyun slept until evening, waking up in the evening, decided to go for a walk. They had a great time, laughed a lot, talked about everything and nothing. This always happened when they are nearby.

I could not sleep at night, the thoughts that rebelled during the day came to life again and were ready to continue the book. In order not to wake up, Chaeyoung took the typewriter to the balcony, closed the doors tightly behind her, and tuned herself to writing. After reading what she wrote, she nodded affirmatively to herself, stretched her fingers, ready to start.

Every day their friendship grew stronger. As her sense of miss Son grew stronger . She suffered and was happy at the same time. Happy to be around. But time passed, and not only did miss Son offer her . The pain ofmiss Son not growing her as fast as their friendship.

“I confess to her tonight,” she wrote SMS to Sana, “unnie one of those days.”

“Call me anytime, Tofu. At any!

- DaHyun - unnie - knocked on the closed balcony door.

- Chaeng, did I wake you? - Opening the door and letting the girl through to her, asked DaHyun . Chaeyoung shook her head, went to the girl, knelt down, hugged her shoulders. DaHyun hugged back, hugging herself.

- I woke up, you're not there. Then she heard a soft knock of keys - Chaeyoung said quietly , burying her face in her friend's hair. “Aren't you cold here?”

- It's already warm - gently ran a palm through her hair, lingering on the back of her head.

- Get back to bed, unnie. Continue tomorrow. Today you need a rest - she asked. “I can't sleep without my hugs.”

“Okay, let's go,” yielded to DaHyun's request, gently holding the girl so that she would not fall when she got up.

- Miss Son - hugging her with one hand and with the other switching channels on TV, she called out to Miss Kim.

- Miss Son? Unnie, we agreed that you will call me by name - without lifting her head from her shoulder, the girl pouted with an insult. “Do you remember my name?”

“Of course I remember, it is in my heart,” Miss Kim answered, not consciously moving away from miss Son. She now does not need to be so close to her, all determination disappears when she is so close.

- What happened? - the girl asked worriedly, feeling how she moves away and removes from the shoulder. Immediately in the room it became somehow cold and not comfortable without the warmth of a friend.

“I want to tell you something, please don’t interrupt me, okay?” - She swallowed hard, nervously her fingers.

- Why is it so serious? Unnie are you so pale, are you okay? - the girl was seriously scared, moving closer, trying to put her hand on her forehead, but Miss Kim pulled away, not letting herself in. - What do you want to say? - asked disappointedly.

“Remember how you told me not to fall in love with you?” You said you didn’t want me to suffer, because you have a girlfriend and you will never leave her - Miss Kim began to say, looking anywhere but at miss Son .“I tried to keep my heart locked, but ... Um ... I want to say that ...”

“No,” Miss Son asked in a whisper , Miss Kim as if not hearing her, finished her words:

“... I fell in love with you, miss Son .”

“I'm sorry, forgive me - tears flowed from my eyes, this was the answer to Miss Kim's unspoken question.” She sighed sadly, hanging her head, not knowing what to do now. “I'm sorry, I'm sorry,” Miss Son repeated , she had no other words.

- Don't cry, Chaeyoung. Your fault is not here. This stupid heart of mine fell in love with you, although it knew that it had no chance of reciprocal feelings - Miss Kim tried to smile, but the attempt failed miserably when instead of a smile she heard a cry in her voice. “I just wanted to tell you about them, now you know.” I hope that my feelings will not prevent us from being friends further. If you certainly want to be friends with me.

- Want! I want to be friends with you, DaHyun - unnie! - Miss Son exclaimed, approaching her, expecting her to pull away again. But Miss Kim waited, looked at her, begging to say that her words were no joke. “I don't want to lose you, unnie.” I'm sorry I don't love you the way you love me, but ...

“I don’t want to lose you either, Chaeyoung - taking the hugs miss Son offered .”

After a month passed recognition, nothing has changed between them. Miss Son and Mina were still dating. Miss Kim secretly sighed aside.

The only thing that has changed in their lives is the decision of Miss Kim to leave the company and take up her favorite hobby. She had been thinking for a long time, she needed to find something to her liking, there was not enough air in the four walls of the company. Her soul asked what to change, to return to what she had long wanted to do. Namely write. Yes, once back in school, Miss Kim was actively engaged in a circle in literature, tried herself in writing, it was even such that her essay won first places. Then she abandoned everything when she grew up.

- Why not? - That's what her friends told her when she asked for advice.

Yeah, why not? She asked herself , drinking the second bottle of wine that evening. That evening miss Son canceled their meeting, citing the fact that Mina came to visit, and then they went either to the cinema, or somewhere else.

Without thinking twice, she wrote a letter of resignation, and without waiting for the morning, she mailed it to the director. He answered instantly, but his persuasion did not give anything, so he agreed.

“Now I am free, I can do what I want,” she said aloud to the empty room. - And the first thing I would do, rearranging furniture, throw not need th trash and then buy a typewriter, lock myself at home, I will not let anyone will write a story that stuck in my head.

So she did. I warned everyone that she was leaving for her parents, and she closed herself in the house and plunged into writing her first book.

Miss Kim wrote in rapture, poured all her feelings on a white sheet of paper. Pain, jealousy, hatred, envy, love, passion. Everything was on 80 sheets lying near a typewriter, the author who wrote these sheets slept in her bed curled up in a ball.

After a two-week absence, when Miss Kim met again with her friends, they did not recognize her, she looked so tired and exhausted. And very skinny with dark circles under the eyes.

“Tofu, what's wrong with you?” - concerned she hugged her Nayeon .

“I did it, girls,” a smile shone joyfully on her face. Miss Kim took a glossy-bound book from her bag and laid it on the table in front of everyone. - My first book. Beware of love.

“You said you were going to your parents?” - picked up a book, asked Jihyo. - When did you have time?

“We thought you were joking when you said you were leaving the company - leaning against Jihyo’s shoulder, Jeongyeon read the annotation.” Miss Son told us the next day you left.”

“I did not leave.” Was at home. She wrote this - nodding at the book, said Miss Kim. - Now my books, my earnings. The circulation of the book will be in two days, so now you are holding the first copy.

“Have you been here?! Houses?! But why did you tell us ... Miss Son ... I understand.

“Yeah,” Miss Kim nodded in confirmation. “ I hope no one has any business in the next three hours, you are all mine.” I won’t let it go until each of you reads and says whether you liked it or not.

The circulation of the book was sold with a bang, everyone was delighted, even critics only praised it, waiting for new books. Gradually, her name became known not only in her homeland, but also in the foreign market. Many countries translated into their own language. She became famous for some six months, although she did not feel famous. Was the same Miss Kim.

Six months later, she released two more books, an adventure genre, but with the same characters as in the first book. She did not write that this was a sequel, but everyone guessed it anyway.

“Tofu, I have news for you.” I made an appointment for a blind date . You, pointing to the taken aback girl, with whom Sana sat at the same table, when the music in the karaoke bar was loud around them, tomorrow you go to the address that I sent you. Failure is not accepted. Books are books, and personal life also needs to be created. You’re all alone with us, it’s time to have a couple.

They decided to note another triumph with the books of Miss Kim. Everyone gathered, even miss Son from Mina. They were just sitting opposite, listening to what Sana was saying. For all the time they became friends, a close-knit team.

- Ha ha ha, good, good, Sana - unnie . You're right. I need to look for a couple.

Miss Son was silent all evening .