Part 1

The Writer and her Muse

A typewriter is standing in front of her, a crunch of knuckles tells her that an interesting plot appeared in her thoughts, and they are ready for battle, for writing the first line. She inserts a blank sheet of paper, scrolls to the very end, leaving only a small piece of paper. She scrolls her head a couple of times to the right, and then to the left side, kneads his neck, shoulders, moves the chair closer to the table. Yes, she is ready to start. Fingers hang over the keys of the typewriter, she boldly dials the first line of the beginning of the exciting story of her new book.

There was a terrible cold, no one was visible on the street, even the cars decided not to drive under her house, threatening her peaceful silence. She stood by the window, peering out at the icy sidewalks that pedestrians were trying to walk along. They managed it with difficulty, falling, they rose, but rising again, their legs slipped and they fell. She did not want to go out in such weather, but her work did not wait on the spot. An important meeting will be held today, and she has no right to be late. Today her fate is being decided. Will she be elected as the new director of perfumery products, for which she worked for more than 5 years?

She hoped so. But she had competition, in the person of a new employee, who came just recently, the year she worked. From the very first day she showed the best sales result. A pretty face with a pretty mole under her lower lip, dimples on her cheeks when she smiled, plus slender legs and a good figure, that was what attracted the customers. She, too, was not annoying with herself, and yet the buyers for this year preferred that girl, and she just had to stand by and watch it. She would like to hate this girl, but there was something in her that attracted attention, attracted to herself.

- DaHyun - unnie, do you make hot chocolate? - asked the girl who came to the writing desk with long black hair tied in a ponytail.

Kim DaHyun, a world-famous writer, broke away from her work, raised her head up, meeting the dark brown eyes of her friend. A faint smile appeared on the girl's lips as she leaned forward to read the first lines of the new story. DaHyun held her breath, it is very rare to receive such a gift from her friend. DaHyun swallowed hard, felt a little dry, the fingers on the table tensed and clenched into fists. She expected what would follow, but the girl pulled away, stepped back a little, and raised her black eyebrow inquiringly.

- Yes, please, Chaeyoung - dry lips, answered DaHyun. Her gaze went all over the girl’s face, stopping for a while on her lips, then sank down to the baggy T-shirt, with the inscription “ILovY”, smiled. - She suits you.

-Of course - Chaeyoung said smugly, lowering her gaze to the t-shirt too. - She's better on me than on you, unnie.”

-I agree, you are prettier in it than I am,- DaHyun nodded .

-Your beginning is gloomy, unnie, - she shook her head, Chaeyoung turned and went into the kitchen to make hot drinks.

-It will be fun if you kiss me, Chaeng, - shouted DaHyun coquettishly after all this time, watching the girl go back.

-The chocolate will be ready in about 10 minutes - Chaeyoung said, ignoring it.

-But, Chaeng, you know, after your kiss, my story goes faster - the girl grumbled, waiting for an answer, but Chaeyoung said nothing. DaHyun sighed in disappointment, realizing there would be no morning kiss today. -Well, let's continue, - said DaHyun , returning to her story.

She arrived at the company on time, except for her there was only that new employee. I sat near the conference hall, leafing through some magazine. Today, the girl was in a narrow skirt to her knees, but that didn’t amaze her, no, what struck her was the top of her clothes, the girl put on a T-shirt with cute tigers, and on heels, about 6-8 centimeters, no less. Her short black hair was now repainted in dark chestnut color, which she really liked. Bright red lipstick, a minimum of makeup on the face, straight earrings, and, of course, rings on the fingers. All this adorned a miniature employee of the perfume sales department.

“You like what you see, Miss Kim?” - asked the muffled voice of the girl, her gaze was directly fixed on her.

“You are unusual today, Miss Son.” And your outfit really suits you - honestly, not crooked, she said.

- Unusual? - raised an eyebrow in surprise, straightening her skirt, she got up, went to the place where Miss Kim stood. - What do you have in mind?

“Beautiful,” she answered simply, with admiration once again glancing around already near the cubs on a T-shirt.

“Are you plotting something by telling me compliments?” - in some confusion, asked Miss Son , peering and not finding any lies.

- No. And note, I rarely tell anyone compliments. You are the first. Today you are unusually beautiful - repeated, smiling sweetly. After a brief silence, Miss Son smiled back, head down, said quietly:

“Thank you, Miss Kim.” You, too, are very beautiful today - blushing, she added.

-Hold it, unnie, - she set a large mug of tiger cubs in front of the squeaker, filled to the brim with a hot drink. - Wow, you are doing well, DaHyunie maybe you’ll finish today?

-Hmm, I'll think about it if you kiss me, Chaeyoung - pulling out her lips with a straw, she closed her eyes, waiting for the girl's long-awaited lips.

But she was met by emptiness, she opened one eye with a misunderstanding, found that there was nobody nearby. Chaeyoung stood by the window, looked out into the street and drank her coffee while eating a strawberry cake.

- Chaeyoung, did you even hear me? - asked offended DaHyun.

- Drink your chocolate until it cools. I need to leave for a couple of hours now. Tzuyu called, invited me to go to the movies, we hadn’t seen her for so long, I missed my best friend. In addition, Tzuyu said she wanted to report some bombing news!

-Are you leaving me for a couple of hours? But how am I without you? When you're around, give me strength - DaHyun dramatically pouted, arms crossed.

-Now everything is going fine for you, unnie - but seeing the still frown and pouting lips, she tried differently. Stepping closer, completely absorbing DaHyun's personal space, she touched her cheek, gently caressed her thumb, and softly assured. - I do not for a long time. You will not have time to look around, as I am already with you. This is Tzuyu.

- Chaeng, kisses me, then with your sweet kiss time without you really will not fly by. Because I will be under your sweet hypnosis all the time - DaHyun asked, looking imploringly into Chaeyoung's eyes. - You are welcome.

-I have to go, Tzuyu is already waiting for me - again, again this morning, she rejected her request of Chaeyoung. - I’ll call you, DaHyunie - no longer adding a word, I left the office where the girl worked, ran up the stairs to their dormitory to change clothes.

- Why is Chae refusing to kiss me? We are now at home, not on the street or around acquaintances. Maybe I did or said something wrong, and she again hid from me in her little world? - thought the aloud puzzled girl, not knowing that she was being eavesdropped. “I'll try again after she returns.” I hope Chaeyoung will tell you the reason for the refusal. Oh, how hard it is to get a kiss from your girlfriend! So what I ended up with there.

After taking a sip of a hot drink, enjoying the aftertaste of chocolate that remained on the tongue, the girl read the last paragraph. Thinking a little how to continue, she lowered her fingers to the keyboard, and began to quickly scribble.

That day they were no longer given a minute to talk. But that day Miss Kim understood something to herself, for the whole time the meeting was going on , she could not look away from Miss Son's focused face . And after the meeting, she found herself looking for a miniature black-haired girl along the corridors of the company. Upon returning home, the image of Miss Son did not leave her consciousness for a long time, frankly, she even dreamed of her at night, in a bizarre dream.

The days in the company flowed evenly, no oddities arose, quietly and calmly. If you can call calm in an aspen nest, as they called their department. Normal routine work.

Miss Kim knew that she couldn’t count on Friday, so she planned to do household chores on Saturday or Sunday. What a surprise it was when at the next meeting their boss said that they were free on Friday. This is his gift for the upcoming holidays. The only holiday she remembered was Valentine's Day. February 14 was to be held in a week. The question arose:

-May I ask, Director? - She raised her hand when everyone heard the news. All eyes turned to her, and Miss Son also turned to face her. For some reason, under Kim's attentive gaze, Miss Kim blushed. Coughing up, I asked - If we take a day off on Friday, then February 14, is canceled?

-No, Saturday will also be free,” its director assuredly assured - in s are free to plan a romantic evening with your loved one.

Friday evening, Miss Kim decided to go to the grocery store, she found interesting recipes and now wanted to cook them at home. Leaving the house, closing the doors, she did not raise her head, stuffing her purse in her bag, went to the stairs to go down when she came across a man.

“Forgive me,” she apologized, raising her head and meeting Miss Son’s brown eyes . “Hey, what are you doing here?” Sorry, this is a stupid question.

-I live here - nonetheless,- said Miss Son, -actually we're floor neighbors. My apartment is right behind yours.

-How did it happen that we never crossed paths? - Asked Miss Kim curiously.

- You always left before me, and came back later - you shrugged, throwing your hair back. - I did not follow you, no, no, I just always hear when a neighbor leaves or comes.

-Yes, we have thin walls here,- Miss Kim agreed, not knowing whether to continue the dialogue or to say goodbye and leave. - I like your music.

- Thank you, I love when the classic sounds. Sorry, Miss Kim, but I have to go, I still have a meeting that I would not want to be late for.

-Yes, of course - Miss Kim said embarrassedly, -forgive me again for ... er ... the clash. Have a good evening.

-And you to ,- the girl smiled, dimples appeared on her cheek that Miss Kim liked so much. - Goodbye.

After their fleeting meeting, Miss Kim did not stop thinking about Miss Kim. Something in its infancy, but it is not yet understood, where it leads. She was well next to the girl. She wanted to make friends with her.

Having bought the necessary products, the girl returned to her home, having previously looked at the next door, she listened, but everything was quiet there.

-Maybe she hasn't returned home yet,- she grinned under her breath, Miss Kim, putting the bags on the floor to open her door.

She hesitated with the keys, cursing softly that they were stuck in her pocket when she heard a loud laugh from the first floor. She became interested, so leaving the bags near the door, she went to the railing, leaned over and looked down. In a very intimate atmosphere, her neighbor stood with some red-haired girl. Miss Son’s hands hugged a stranger’s neck, her lips gently touched the stranger’s lips, catching every quiet word coming from her. Miss Kim suddenly felt embarrassed with the whole situation that she was observing, and for some reason pinched her heart. It was painful for her to look at the kiss scene.

Entering the house, taking off her shoes, hanging the bag on a hook, Miss Kim wanted to take the product to the kitchen when she heard the muffled voices of Miss Son and that girl. She distinctly heard how Miss Son persuaded her friend to stay tonight, assuring her that no one was home. As soon as they went inside, Miss Kim put on her shoes again, hung a bag on her shoulder, and left her apartment. For some reason, she suddenly became stuffy in her own apartment, especially after she heard a playful laugh from miss Son behind the wall .

Only when she went outside, where she was met by the noise of the city, the girl remembered about the products that she forgot to put in the refrigerator. But there she bought meat and eggs, which in no case should be left in a warm room. They can go bad. I had to go back. She entered as quietly as she could, although she herself did not understand why she was doing so. Miss Kim, putting vegetables, meat and eggs in the refrigerator, listened, but didn’t hear anything from the apartment next door. I looked at the clock that hung over the refrigerator, sighed. Dinner time is long gone, so maybe the two already ...

“Hey, why are you thinking about this?” Do you care what these two do there? Live your own life.

Scolding herself, Miss Kim went into the living room, sat on the sofa, took the remote control that was lying on the pillow, the TV. Having made the sound louder so that she could hear it from the kitchen, she went there in order to cook what she wanted.

“Maybe their dinner time has passed, but not mine, right?” Yes. I have long wanted to cook this recipe. And if I don’t do it now, I’ll forget everything - Miss Kim herself answered her own question.

Having rolled up the sleeves of the shirt she was wearing, tied her hair in a bun on her head, armed with glasses, a board and a knife, she set about cooking.

After a very laborious hour and a half, after crackling, frying and unacceptable words, a hot dish stood on the table. Just next to him stood a glass of red semisweet wine, as she loves, and a candle was lit, I wanted to be in the mood. The TV was turned off, but instead relaxing soft music sounded from the speakers.

“Bon appetit,” Miss Kim told herself, sitting down at the table, took a fork, pricked a couple of pieces of meat on it, having previously dipped it in the sauce, brought it to , put it there and chewed it. “ Mm , how delicious it is - having tasted the first slices of meat, washed down with wine, Miss Kim said.” “That woman didn't lie, really tasty.” I don’t know about white wine, but semi-sweet red wine definitely fits here - taking another piece of meat in , then putting boiled rice in , she muttered. - The sauce is simply divine. Very tasty - soaking her lips in a napkin, wiping her hands, putting an empty plate, fork and knife in the dishwasher, Miss Kim returned to the living room. The moment she was about to sit on the sofa, someone knocked on the door.

“Yes, now,” she answered, checking herself in the mirror for spots from the sauce, hurrying to open the doors. Miss Kim could not imagine who could come to her at such a late time, the clock showed a quarter to 21:00. - Yes, I'm listening to you, who are you? - Opening the door, she was met by the dark brown eyes of a neighbor. - Miss Son? You?

“Forgive me at such a late time, but I heard that you had music, so I decided that you were still awake,” miss Son began to speak incoherently , squeezing and unclenching her fingers nervously.

“Do you need anything, miss Son?” Asked Miss Kim, holding the door with one hand, nervously straightening her hair with the other.

Her gaze curiously ran around the outfit in which the girl came to her. It was night pajamas, unusual, tiger pajamas, with a tail that dangled from behind. Miss Kim tried to hold back a chuckle, but he still escaped. Miss Son lifted her gaze from the floor, looked at her, then blushed sweetly, realizing why the laughter from the girl sounded.

“Can you lend me your phone for a couple of minutes?” - and before the question reached the ears of the surprised Miss Kim, the neighbor quickly continued. “You see, my phone has gone dead and left charging at work, for some reason my computer has gone blank, and I would like to call the master to come and see what is wrong there.” And I need to call my girlfriend and say that everything is fine with me, and she does not need to come here again.

“Stop, stop, stop -” Miss Kim said, raising her hand up. - Not so fast. You say so quickly that nothing is clear. Take a deep breath and say what is wrong with your computer.

- It’s just gone out. I tried to turn it on, reboot, but nothing - spread my hands to the side.

- Clear. Uh, excuse me, but you said “my girlfriend”, didn’t you hear me? - Processing this information, asked Miss Kim.

She rejoiced at heart, because her instincts did not deceive her, yet miss Son prefers more girls than guys. After all, she herself was like that, of course, she did not hide, but she did not spread it if they did not ask her.Maybe they will become good friends if they reveal themselves to each other?

“Yes, Mina is my girlfriend,” Miss Son said defiantly, directly meeting the neighbor's gaze. - Any problem?

- No. It’s just the opposite - the girl assured her calmly, seeing how miss Son's understanding smile appears from her surprised expression. “But, I thought your girlfriend was the one in your apartment.” I accidentally heard your laughter when I entered the house.

- That was Mina. She went home an hour ago, we corresponded with her until my phone ran out of power.

No more explanation was needed, Miss Kim rummaged in the bag that hung on a hook in the hallway, pulled out her phone:

“Come in and call,” she suggested. “I'll be there - pointing towards the living room.” “When you talk to your girlfriend and master, you can leave the phone here, then I will remove it,” said Miss Kim on the move, hiding from her eyes.

“Thank you,” she called after the retreating miss Son girl , gratefully, dialing Mina's familiar phone number. After a short beep, at that end they timidly asked:

- Chaeyoung, is that you?

-Yes, I promised to call you, unnie - DaHyun heard her friend’s voice when she picked up the phone, after a few beeps. Her gaze habitually rose to her watch, and was very surprised that only some 20 minutes had passed. - I'm in a cafe, but Tzuyu is not there yet, she wrote that she would be delayed for 10 minutes. So I'm waiting for her. What about you, unnie? Are you writing?

- Yeah, you know, some kind of breakthrough has appeared. I have not experienced this for a long time.

-I'm glad to hear that, unnie. But do not overdo it, and do not forget to eat something. You only need to heat food in the microwave - Chaeyoung advisingly advised , taking a sip of something. - Oh, I already see Tzuyu! Okay, unnie, don’t forget what I told you about food and relaxation. See you tonight.

- See you later - echoed DaHyun's phone rings. - Chaeyoung said you need to relax and eat, but I'm not hungry yet, and I feel how this story is calling me to itself. Now I’ll write a couple more paragraphs and that’s it - going back to a story that completely filled her imagination.