chapter 3

i swear, it’s nothing more than just me being infatuated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“oh my god! Dahyun!” Dahyun stops halfway to eating her sandwich as she hears Nayeon exclaim “yeah?” Dahyun sets her half eaten sandwich down and claps both her hands to remove the crumbs on her palms. It was nearing the end of the first week in school and Dahyun admits she is settling down quicker as expected. The girls have also gone a lot closer, Dahyun now being an addition to their group and would always be with them throughout the school day. “I should give you my Instagram!” Nayeon exclaims as she reaches out for her bag and pulls out a small notebook and a pen and writes down her username “I wanna write it too!” Momo says, sitting on the table as always as she writes it down Sana reaches her hand out to get the pen after Momo writes her account down “Me too! I’ll put in Jeongyeon’s too, seeing as she isn’t here right now” Sana gets the notebook and pen out of Momo’s grasp and writes both their usernames’ down, in the middle of writing Sana’s hair gets in the way, causing her to pull her hair back before continuing to write. Dahyun, of course, sees that and feels her heart do that stupid little jump, she’s noticed it for quite a while, the smallest things Sana would do Dahyun would just feel a rush in her blood, sometimes she would even find herself staring at the girl. She’s been caught a few times, yes, and even herself thinks that Sana has noticed. She would even get caught in the act, but all Sana would do would just give her a bright smile back.

 

“Dahyun? You okay?” Sana was about to hand Dahyun the piece of paper she’s ripped out of Nayeon’s notebook when she noticed the girl just blankly staring at her “Oh? Yeah, I’m fine” Dahyun slightly shakes her head and wipes her eye as she accepts the folded note from Sana and keeps it in her pocket, hoping it won’t fall out for the rest of the day. “Ugh! we have PE after this by the way” Sana groans as she takes a peek at her timetable “Are you both in the same PE class?” Dahyun asks Momo who is still eating but manages to let out a reply “yeah, Sana, Jeongyeon and I are in the same PE class” Momo swallows down her food before continuing “You and Nayeon are in the same PE class aren’t you?” Dahyun lets out a tiny nod and hopes that hopefully Momo won’t choke on her food “just a reminder, we can’t do PE to save our lives” Sana butts in and Momo chuckles at her comment in agreement “She didn’t lie though” Momo and Sana both give each other a high five as they continue to eat their food, hoping the bell won’t ring before they can digest it. 

 

Unluckily for them, the bell rings just before they both can take their last bite. The students in the cloisters all quickly get up and running up the stairs, hoping not to be late to their next class. As for the group, Momo and Sana get up (Momo obviously getting off the table) and take their respective bags while Nayeon and Dahyun head to their next class (Nayeon allows herself to drop Dahyun off to the Geography corridor, seeing as Dahyun still cant seem to make her way around the school, in which Nayeon, the sweetheart that she is, doesn’t mind at all) The group splits up and says their small farewells, saying goodbye and to hopes in seeing them during lunch in one piece. (Dahyun also adds in a small good luck towards the other pair as the two dread for their upcoming PE class, Dahyun chuckles as she sees Sana pout whilst Momo drags her down the corridor) 

 

Geography was boring. Dahyun admits but yet it was kind of her fault for picking this subject to take. In honesty, she preferred History more than Geography but the school insisted for her to take the subject. She wondered at first but soon realised at how little students there were in the classroom. No one dared to make a noise, in fact— other than the other classes she’s had this was the quietest of them all and that— that’s saying something. Dahyun continued to drift into her small daydream, she thinks about Sana and her stupid yet beautiful smile (Dahyun, at the thought, chuckles), she thinks at the moments where she got caught staring at her, she thinks of the moments where Sana offers her her food during lunch or break, she thinks— ‘No’ she stops herself. Dahyun doesn’t know why but, Sana has been on her mind ever since she met her. She doesn’t know why nor doesn’t know how but it just happened. ‘A crush?’ The teacher’s voice slowly gets blurred out as she starts thinking way different things ‘No, it can’t be a crush’ Dahyun frowns as she rubs both her temples and let’s out a silent sigh ’Infatuation. That’s it. I’m infatuate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter