chapter 1

i swear, it’s nothing more than just me being infatuated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘first day of school, here we go’ Dahyun mutters under her breath as she enters the school gates. “what’s your name, sweetheart?” the receptionist asks Dahyun as she sees an unfamiliar face go through the doors “Dahyun. Kim Dahyun” Dahyun feels her palms sweat as she buries it deep in her coat’s pocket “I’m one of the new students” the receptionist scrolls through the computer in front of her and beams a smile towards Dahyun as she sees her name “wonderful. If you could just wait there by the seats. there’s going to be more students coming in, so you won’t have to worry” Dahyun gives a tiny nod as she feels reassured seeing the kind receptionists’ warm smile come her way “thank you” Dahyun sits down as the receptionist replies back with a “you’re welcome, darling” 

after a few minutes of staring at the different pictures portrayed on the wall, Dahyun gets interrupted as she sees 2 other girls enter the school. She gives them each a small smile and sees as she receives one back.

“These girls are also in their first day of school, I hope you girls’ will be good friends seeing as you guys are in the same class. The two of you could take a seat and probably get to know each other. I’ll page in the head-teacher to take you guys to your classes.” The kind receptionist picks up the phone and calls in the head-teacher as she types away on the computer 

The three girls would share a few glances at each other from time to time but none would bother to utter a word “Hi, what’s your name?” The girl next to Dahyun asks her as she reaches her hand out for a handshake, “My name’s Chaeyoung. But you could call me, Chaeng” Dahyun stares at her for a few seconds, thinking how the said girl resembles a tiger a little bit (she lightly smiles at the thought) and realises the floating hand in front of her “my name is Dahyun, I don’t really have a nickname so, Dahyun is fine” Dahyun smiles and takes in the girls’ hands and shakes it for a few seconds before letting go. Dahyun turns her head to the other girl seated right across her “how about you?” the said girl switches her gaze at Chaeyoung to Dahyun “my name’s Tzuyu, nice to meet you” Tzuyu says as she timidly tries to avoid both the girls’ gazes but manages to let out a smile “Tzuyu. nice to meet you” Dahyun smiles as she reaches out to shake the girl’s hands “nice to meet you too” Tzuyu reaches out to shake hands with Dahyun and manages to let out a brighter smile, this time. 

“Hello girls, ready to start your first day in school?” The three girls’ focus their attention towards the teacher who is standing in the middle of the hallway, with a bunch of books in her arms. She seems quite scary, at first but her voice is soft and quite calming, in a way. “Yes” they answer in unison as they follow the head-teacher to their classroom. As they pass by the corridors, they come across a bunch of different students, some staring at them with confused stares and some gazing at them with warm gazes and even sending a few waves towards them, in which both Dahyun and Chaeyoung returned with big smiles (in Tzuyu’s case, she gave them small nods and a tiny little smile)

“Alrighty! Here we are, your form teacher is inside and all the other girls’ are inside too. They know you guys are new, so don’t worry I’m sure they will all welcome you warmly” The head-teacher reassures them, possibly seeing that the trio were just as nervous as she was before proceeding to give a few knocks towards the door before entering the classroom. The three girls all enter, slowly getting pressured towards all the stares coming their way.

“Alright, I’m sure you guys all know that there’s going to be three girls joining us today. So I hope you guys welcome them warmly” the head-teacher tells the other students as the three girls stand there, frozen in their places. Dahyun looks at the students attentively, silently attempting to figure out how they’re attitude might be— from the way they look bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter