three

Perception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chaeng! Hurry up" Dahyun shouts from the front door as she waits. She is wearing some fine clothes today, like she has a important meeting.
"I can't be late to the interview" Dahyun reinforces, arms crossed as she stares at the hallway.
Chaeyoung just giggles, getting out of her room fully ready.
"Don't worry, you're gonna make it" She simply said, giving Dahyun a pat on the shoulder and passing by her to go outside.
That day Dahyun was nervous, she had applied for a bunch of interviews and sent her curriculum anywhere she could but she knew that the business market was competitive, even for someone with a degree and young as her. And besides, she had worked most of her adolescence but the formal job she had was just that one related to journalism, which in some stand was good since she majored in that.
Chaeyoung can see right through her that she is nervous and she likes to think it is for a good reason. The ride was smooth and when they get in front of the building Dahyun was meant to be, Chaeyoung hugged her, to reassure that she will be there for the good and the bad.
That would be the second interview Dahyun got herself into that week and she was glad she still had some good contacts to pull this one for her.

...

Tzuyu was melancholic that day, staring at a picture she kept for dear life on the furniture in her room. A purple sharpie marking its side, where simple words showed all the meaning of it.
*My Friends*
All the meaning of those memories. Without a knock on the door, her father opened it, giving her a sharp look.
"Breakfast is ready, I yelled two times." He said annoyed.
"Yes Sir, I didn't hear"
"It's alright but you better get going"
The lights of the dawn were still fading to greet a new morning.
And for all that Tzuyu left behind she can think about it later, because right there she needed to get ready to work.
The bus stop is always crowded in that time of the morning. The morbid sun was hitting her but not enough to burn as she stands in a line to get in the bus.
Tzuyu suddenly had a flashback.
*"I'll be late today"* Her father said and when he says these kinds of things she knows that he will get home even after her, after midnight and further into the hours.
She kind of worries about him sometimes, but not enough to take over her mind.
Her bus comes some minutes early than usual and she regrets a bit not waking up sooner because she has gone standing all the way, distracted, thinking as she is used to for time to pass faster.
Tzuyu's work hours are a bit confusing even for her, some days she works her usual morning and afternoon shifts but she often makes an extra shift at night to make more money. Living is becoming difficult and her father isn't being a very good provider either.
Her colleagues all noticed how much Tzuyu is a good, kind and hardworking person, some even pity her, she's just there doing her best.
It's strange, the pouring rain that started outside when she got into the restaurant.
Tzuyu thinks Chaeyoung is different, like her mind works apart from everybody else. Chaeyoung is kind with her. Chaeyoung never asked her for anything. And also, Chaeyoung always smiles when they meet.
It was Chaeyoung's day off actually, she gets these sometimes and Tzuyu had just realized that when she was looking at the corners of the restaurant trying to find the other girl.
It was pouring down outside. Chaeyoung clenched tighter on her coat, looking outside of the restaurant, morbid realization hit her when she saw the others working through the window. She was just passing by on her way to the library after leaving Dahyun home from her interview.
When the traffic light in front of her turned green she lost her trance on the place, going forward on the road. She didn't see Tzuyu though, and maybe that was the point she took that path, maybe not as she tried to tell herself.

...

Chaeyoung likes to think. She is one to wonder a lot when things strike her.
'What to do?'
She is also one to consider consequences, but honestly, even considering she ignores them and goes forward anyways.
She always likes the city view when she goes back of her little trip, so she stops, just to look around for something to inspire her. Sometimes she hates this and sometimes she loves this and maybe she is just a complicated person but she thinks too much about things she can't control even looking at the beautiful city view as the night lights goes on in front of her. She thinks about the small things, about her, about her roommate, about Tzuyu.
But sometimes she closes herself too much, she knows about it but there was nothing she could do, or at least nothing she knew about just yet.
And so she goes back, finally getting home to her apartment just to get pass Dahyun that was watching television and get into her room to take a look on the things she had pick up.

...

Tzuyu wasn't used to this, to this environment, to the new faces of those people.
The loud music was clear, making her ears adjust to the noise, as everyone had to shout a little to be able to communicate.
The party had been going on a couple of hours now and Chaeyoung has yet to gain courage to get up from where she was having a soda and find her way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter