Assignment

Hatsukoi (First Love)

3 hours in the meeting before it finally ends.

"Alright everybody I think that concludes this meeting. I need the divisions that I mentioned earlier to remember to bring me their  reports by the end of the day," reminds the CEO. The short, long dark-haired woman continues, "I need everybody to give their best effort as the company looks to expand into new markets. Let's look forward to a bright future okay!" Everybody claps after the CEO's small speech making the short girl blush a little. "Alright, everyone is dismissed," everyone gathers their things and makes their way out of the room "ah, except you Ms. Seo I have something to discuss with you." "Yes Ms. Kim," the two wait until everyone is gone the last to walk out was Tiffany, who spares the two one last look of curiosity before closing the door.

With only the two left Seohyun breaks the silence first, "You wanted to speak with me CEO-nim," asks Seohyun to her old friend who seems rather serious and quiet. Taeyeon chuckles at the way the younger girl addresses her. "Seohyun how many times have I told you not to address me that way when no one is around," Taeyeon playfully scolds with a small smile. "I'm sorry eonnie. I always forget. Please continue with what you need to say. I have to get those reports you requested ready." This just makes the eldest laugh a bit louder, "Always the hard worker aren't you Seohyunnie! I guess our friends were right, I have rubbed off on you." Seohyun gives a gentle smile and says, "Ne eonnie! It seems so! You are my role model after all." 
 

"Jinjja?!" Taeyeon says in total surprise. Seohyun just nods her head as a reply. "Woah! Don't tell the other girls, they might get jealous---especially Sica and Fany." "I won't tell them eonnie."

"Okay," Taeyeon exclaims "lets get down to business. I've discussed this with the board, my father and even Jessica. Seohyun what do you think of staying in Japan for a year?" Taeyeon watches Seohyun's reaction which at the moment she seems a bit confused, so Taeyeon decides to clarify what she means. "The company is opening its new branch in Tokyo, Japan and I want you as a lead on the team. Are you able to take this assignment?" Seohyun eyes widen just a little but she quickly gains her composure, "Yes I accept the assignment eonnie!" Taeyeon smiles at her dongsaeng and continues, "Good! You know this will be your big break Seohyunnie. The company's structure and organization is changing, meaning so is its personnel. I'm not making any promises," the eldest says and stands up, Seohyun following her "but if you succeed in this then your hard work will be paid with many new opportunities presented to you." 
 

Seohyun stares at her eonnie in shock, knowing what she's implying. If she does well in Japan she just might get that promotion she's been working for. She is taking out of her thoughts when she feels a hand rest on her shoulder.

"I know you can do it Seohyunnie! I believe in you! I mean you are my favorite dongsaeng," she says "but don't tell Hayeon I said that, arasso." Seohyun let's out a small laugh "Ne eonnie!"

"Okay that's all I had to tell you. I'll see you at lunch with the others. See ya!" Taeyeon gives her dongsaeng a wide smile before leaving out the conference room.

Okay Seo Juhyun! This is the opportunity you've been waiting for, so don't mess it up! I can do this. I'll get my CMO position and make my family proud. Seohyun takes a deep breath before leaving out the room as well. Ready to take on the world!

 

Alright guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Next chapter will be the lunch with the girls!