Work-A-Holic

Hatsukoi (First Love)

Seohyun finishes reviewing one file and is about to move on to the next, when suddenly...

*SLAM*

Seohyun is almost startled out of her chair because of the abrupt action. She places her hand over her heart as she tries to regain her composure. Finally calm she decides to look up at the culprit ready reprimand whoever it was. She raised her head to face the person standing in front of her desk, only to find an amused, eye-smiling girl. Immediately Seohyun's look of irritation vanishes.

"Good Morning Seohyunnie!" The early morning troublemaker exclaims loudly. "Good Morning Tiffany eonnie." Seohyun plainly replies, still a bit bothered by the older girl's prank. "Aww! Don't be such a sour patch, kid!" Tiffany let's out a chuckle at her own joke, while Seohyun let's out a small sigh. "Sorry, eonnie is there something you needed," she asks. "Ani! I just wanted to see you before the meeting this morning," Tiffany says before taking a sip from her coffee cup.

Tiffany is the executive secretary for the CEO, so of course she will be present at the meeting. She's also apart of Seohyun's small circle of friends and a sisterly figure.

Seohyun nods at the revelation and starts back reviewing her files. "You know some of the girls and I went out to dinner last night. You should have joined us. You would have had a great time," Tiffany says while looking at her dongsaeng who was back to work. Without even looking up Seohyun responds, "I'm sorry eonnie! I had some work to finish last night. Maybe next time, okay?" 
 

Releasing a heavy sigh, Tiffany sits her cup down on the desk and reaches forward to grab Seohyun's chin so that the latter would look at her. With a serious face Tiffany says, "Hyunnie you said that the last time and the time before that!  You need to forget about work sometimes and have fun! I swear you're getting worst than Taeyeon." Tiffany states bluntly as she moves back to sit in a seat.

"I know eonnie but-" Seohyun starts but is cut off, "Then if you know, then why do you keep overworking yourself?" "Because I have a goal eonnie, and a duty to my family. And until that is achieved I have to keep going," Seohyun responds. "Fine! I understand and respect that, but could you at least go out with me and the girls more often. We miss you and we're worried about your health," Tiffany exclaims.

Touched by her eonnies care and wanting to ease her worries, Seohyun gives the older girl a small, genuine smile before replying, "Okay eonnie! I'll definitely be at the next meet up. And I'm sorry for making you and the others concerned." 
 

"Jinjja?" Tiffany ask, still doubting her dongsaeng. "Ne, eonnie!"

"Great!" Tiffany says as she stands up with energy. "Then you'll be joining us for lunch after the meeting. And it wasn't a question! See ya in the meeting Hyunnie," she says as she gives Seohyun her famous eye-smile and struts out the office.

Sigh. 'Can't really argue with her anyways.' Seohyun shakes her head and let's out one more sigh before getting back to work. She only has twenty more minutes before the meeting starts, so she quickly prepares and readies to leave to the conference room.