Introduction

Hatsukoi (First Love)

"Yah! Seo Ju-hyun! Come eat your breakfast!"

 

"I'll be down in a minute eomma!" Ju-hyun, or Seohyun as she prefers, yells from her room. Seohyun is in her room dressing for work and gathering whatever she needs before she leaves for the day. She takes one final look at herself in the mirror to ensure that her appearance is proper, finally she steps out of her room and heads downstairs to the dining area to have breakfast.

"Good Morning appa," she greets her father first who is already seated at the table reading the day's newspaper. "Hmm," the middle aged man simply responds. She then moves over to her mother and places a kiss on her cheek, "Good Morning eomma," she says before taking her seat at the table. 
 

Seohyun's mother places the last dish on the table and takes her seat. "Jal meokkesseumnida!" Both Seohyun and her father say before they dig into their meal. The family is enjoying their meal peacefully, only making small talk here and there before Mrs. Seo directs a question to her daughter, "Hyunnie! Are you prepared for your company's meeting later on?" "Ne," Seohyun simply replies as she finishes chewing her food. "I hear the Kim's are opening a new branch in Japan. Could that be what the meeting is about?" "Ne, it could very well be about that eomma," Seohyun says before taking a sip of drink without giving her mother too much of an information. Seohyun is not being rude she just doesn't like discussing her work with her parents, she prefers to keep company information confidential making her  a trustworthy employee. "The Kims seem to be making big moves lately. You'll be smart to gain their trust, so that you can get a higher position in the future. That girl of theirs, what's her name...Taeyeon! She is surely proving to be a true heir. Stick close and learn from her! You understand Ju-hyun," her father looks to her waiting for a response. "Ne appa. I'll keep that in mind." Her father returned to reading his newspaper, satisfied with his daughter's answer. Seohyun, on the other hand, was a bit bothered by her father's implications, but brushed it off as it was usual point made in their conversations.

Finishing her breakfast, Seohyun thanks her mother and stands, taking her dishes to the sink to wash. She gasps when she sees the time on the clock that positioned on kitchen wall. If she doesn't leave now she'll be late to work. Breaking her perfect record! She finishes washing her last dish and quickly moves to the front door putting on her shoes. She grabs her coat and briefcase, and bids her parents farewell. Mrs. Seo waves her daughter off as she drives out of the driveway heading to work.

---

Seohyun pulls into her job's parking garage finding her parking spot. She exits her car and heads into the building. As she walks through the garage she glances over to the VIP parking area, where the company's CEO and other executive officers have reserved parking space. She sees it! The CMO's, the Chief Marketing Officer's, parking spot, a spot she one day wishes to occupy. Right now, she's "only" the Brand & PR lead, but she hopes to one day be promoted to an executive position. Then her parents will be truly proud of her!

Security scans her employee ID before she any further into the building. The building itself is an immaculate, glass skyscraper and the inside is even more of an mordern splendor. It's not gaudy, but has a modern classic touch to it. The CEO also wanted the office spaces to be open to invite collaboration, a new strategy she is testing out. It's proving to be successful with the company's last projects being immensely successful thanks to the new system the CEO proposed.

Kim Taeyeon is the CEO of Kim Corporations. She was appointed the position three years back as an inheritance. Her grandfather started this company. Despite it starting so small it slowly grew into the one of the world's and Asia's largest producer of electronic devices. Under the leadership of Taeyeon's father, Kim Jaejoong, the company established itself as a conglomerate. It diversified into many other areas in the industry including: retail, entertainment, construction, and so on. Taeyeon has been preparing to inherit the company for as long as she can remember. Being taught privately by the best teachers from around the world, and eventually going to Oxford University to get her degree. But there was one year where she decided she wanted to attend school with other kids, just one year! This is where Seohyun met her eonnie, along with her other friends in her small group of friends. The school wasn't public and many other high-class children attended the school, but their group was special! They were sisters! And from that year onwards they stuck together and had each other's backs. So, that explains how Seohyun got this job at such large company, but don't get the wrong idea. Seohyun had the creditials that qualified her for the job, and she only started as a simple marketing manager. It was her hard work and dedication that got her her title now, but she wants more and just one more step and she'll have it.

Seohyun steps out of the elevator on to her office floor. She greets everyone in view politely, as she makes her way to her desk. She sits down in her chair and boots up her computer, checking to see if she's received any new messages that needs to be read and replied to. Once she's done answering a few emails she takes out files to review for the morning meeting. Immersed in the paperwork Seohyun's day is just getting started, and the rest of her office is quiet as well as everyone's busy with their own work. Seohyun finishes reviewing one file and is about to move on to the next, when suddenly...

*SLAM*

Seohyun's attention is disrupted as she is startled by the sudden loud sound. What could it have been that scared Seohyun as such? Or who, perhaps?