Final

A Nerd Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback in the last chapter

 

"Mina" jeongyeon called her name softly.


"Who-" mina was just about to ask but stopped herself from talking any longer as she saw jeongyeon was approaching her from the side of her eyes.


"Why are you running away from the hospital? You know you need to be treated right?"


"Why do you even care about me? I don't exist in your life anymore, do I?" mina spatted back, now sitting on her bed although the pain keep throbbing her head.


"Don't be childish.. This is not like you" 


"It's been a week since i've started texting you again. I want to make up for my mistake, but where were you? You're not replying my text, not even once Jeongyeon.. I wonder if you were blocking my number? Or maybe already delete it?"


"..." no answered come out from jeongyeon's mouth as he keep standing still, far away from Mina's bed.


"So, it's true huh? You don't want to have anything to do with me anymore.." mina smiled faintly.

"Just get out, jeong. And don't worry, I'll do exactly what you did to me. If you're forgetting about me, I'll do the same to you"


"No! You want to have a talk, then let's have a talk.. You've been avoiding me for a month.. Have you ever care about my feelings? And now I'm doing the same towards you, you're mad at me? But not just that.. You're the one who kicked me out of your life first!"


"I have my own reason for doing that! I've realized my mistake too so pleasee.. forgive me and let's take our own way from now"


"What is your reason huh? Oh, that i am a nerd who suffocating you? Fine! If you really want me to be away, then let's do that!" he said, slammed the door open so hard that it shocked Mina.


"I'm sorry, Jeong. That's not what i really want but i don't want both of us suffer any longer.. I love you" the tears slowly, but painfully rolled down her cheeks as she couldn't do anything to stop him from leaving.

 


.


.


.


Jeongyeon pov


I followed every movement of her, from the moment she started talking until she finally closed her eyes. All of it somewhat made my heart fluttered after not seeing her for a month. 


Her gestures is not much but she still could made me smile. Her nagging, chuckling, smiling and not to forget her scrunched face, I truly miss all of it. But, who am i kidding? I already fell in love with her unconciously. 


End of pov

 

.

 

.

 

Present 

 

As soon as he got out from Mina's house, jeongyeon met his mom eyes and feel scared a bit by her fierce gazes, as if he got caught for doing something bad. Not that like he isn't right now. He knew that it's totally wrong to leave Mina in that state but his emotions didn't help him at all in this moment. His main purpose is to bring Mina back to hospital but he didn't know why it would ended up like this. He just want to run away as soon as possible but unfortunately his mom wouldn't let him get away that easy.

 

"What are you doing in Myoui's house huh? And why are you here instead of school?! Did you skip school?!"


"Nooo... I-I was just visiting Mina.. She had a cold today"


"What? Then, why are you in a rushed?"


"I need to go somewhere eomma.. Maybe, I'll be late. Please take care of Mina"


"Wait— aigoo, this kid.. How can he be the same as his father?" his mom said, as she watched jeongyeon drove off from Mina's house.


.


.


.


Jeongyeon pov


What the hell Mina?! Did you really mean what you said? And why are you doing this to me? Am I really not that important to you? How can she easily said that she wanted to forget me as if I was nothing in her life? Damnnn, part of it is my fault too for agreeing with her suggestion. For godsake, that's not what I really want to say to her. Relax, I just need to go somewhere now, a place that will calm me.. All of these are too much for me to handle. 

I turned off the aircond and reached for the window's button and pressed it down before I stepped on the brake as the traffic light have turned red. As I was pulling on my handbrake, my phone suddenly lit up from a person's call. I picked up the call without even seeing the caller.


"Yoo Jeongyeon I need you to come here right now! What are you thinking huh? Leaving Mina all alone when she's burning like this? Do you want her to die?!"


"E-eomma.. I—"


"Enough of your excuses! Forget about your destination and just come here.. I need you to bring us to the hospital. Now!"


"A-arasso.. I'll be there in five minutes"


The light finally turned to green after a few minutes and jeongyeon expertly stepped on the pedal and making a U-turn before speed up to Mina's house.


.


.


.


"Aigoo, I never teach you to disrespect woman.. Why are you even thinking of leaving her to me?!" his mom asked, slightly hit Jeongyeon on the arm as she was disappointed by her son's behaviour.


"I'm sorry" is all jeongyeon could say.


"Go, bring her here.. I can't lift her all alone so I'm waiting for you to lift her up"


"W-whatt?? Please tell me you're joking right now"


"No, I'm not. Go!" she firmly answered.


.


.


.


Even though he walked to Mina's bedroom with a heavy heart, he would never defy his mother especially when God was giving him this chance to meet Mina. His heart was obviously beating so hard that he felt that his mouth suddenly dries out of nervousness. 


'Huh okay, I just need to act coldly to her.. I can do this' he thought.


Jeongyeon hesitated to enter Mina's room even though he was standing in front of the room five minutes ago. He shrugged off his thought as he doesn't want to keep his mom waiting any longer. He knocked on the door nervously.


"I'm coming in.. again" he slowed down his voice for that last word and finally approached Mina until he was really standing beside her bed.


"Why are you coming again?" her voice kinda become hoarsed from the crying earlier.


"I'm gonna take you to the hospital.. Hurry up and get ready.. I'll be waiting for you outside"


"Why did you even—"


"Tch, cut the crap.. I'm doing this for mom. She's worried about you so much and I don't want to see her sad"


Oh. 


'Of course that's the real reason. Why am I even hoping that he's worried about me? There's no way he would feel that, not after what I have done to him' she thought.


"Okay, I'll change myself first" mina said and tried to get up from the bed but she's facing a difficulty as the pain kept throbbing her head.


Jeongyeon who saw the scene before his very eyes felt concerned about her.


"Hmm, I know this sounds like a busybody but can you handle yourself? What I really mean is, you don't need to change if you're feeling weak"


"I'm okay, Jeongyeon ssi.. Just wait outside and I'll be coming out"


"Arasso"


'Abxgxhsbs what's with the sudden formality?' he rolled his eyes as he walked out from the room.


.


.


.


After a few minutes of waiting outside, Mina is still haven't come out of her room and Jeongyeon started to worry about her. He have texted his mom about Mina and she told that he need to stay close with her as he did now. Jeongyeon walked back and forth in front of Mina's room as he thought of any negative possibility that might happened to Mina right now.


"Why did she take a long time to get ready? She just need to change for godsake.. Is it really that hard?" worried about her, Jeongyeon's hand was already on its way to reach for the lever when the door is finally opened, revealed a flush red cheeks's Mina.


"I'm sorry for taking so long. L-let's go" she stuttered, wobbling a bit as she started walking towards the stairs.


Jeongyeon who was behind her immediately catch up to her and lifted her up in a bridal style.


"Don't say anything. You've wasted so much time and I don't want us to be late" he acted coldly towards her again, but his heart was screaming in joy as he got to be this close to Mina.


"I'm sorry" Mina hesitantly wrapped her hands around Jeongyeon's nape and leaned her head on his chest. Seeing jeongyeon didn't protest over her actions, she smiled a bit with the remaining energy that she had in her.


.


Hospital

 

"Thank you for keeping your promise to bring her back.. We will make sure that we will keep an eye on her actions more closely this time so that she would stay here until her discharge. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll take my leave now" the same nurse from earlier said, leaving Jeongyeon and his mom outside of Mina's ward.


"So, she ran away from here? Do you care to explain?" 


"U-uhmm I can explain this eomma.." he scratched his nape nervously.

"I really don't know the reason of her run away and so I went to her house to bring her back here.. But she was just too stubborn to listen to me and i decided to leave her when you suddenly appear in front of me"


"Okay, now I finally understand it.. But still, there's one thing that disturbed me. Is there something wrong with you two? I can see the awkwardness between you guys in the car"


"We.. just had a small fight and there's nothing to worry about.. It's already settled"


"Ohh.. Then, great! Can you please accompany Mina until her discharge? I have called the Myoui's but both of them went to outstation and there's no one who will be here.. There should be no problem, isn't it?"


"WHATT? Eomma, you can't leave me alone with only her here"


"You're not alone, Jeongyeon ah.. There are lot of peoples, am I right?"


"Yes, but—"


"No buts.. I'll keep visiting her later but for now I need to go home and cook dinner for your dad and sisters" 


"Then, what am I gonna eat for dinner?"


"I'll ask Chaeyoung or Tzuyu to send it to you, including Mina's clothes too" his mom said, already standing up from the chair and about to go home.


"Are you serious about leaving me here?" he asked one more time to confirm it with his mother. As he saw that his mom nodded her head, Jeongyeon automatically heaved out a loud sigh.


'Great, now we need to be alone for God knows how long it will be' he frustratedly grabbed his hair.


.


.


.


A few hours later 


Mina finally opened her eyes since the beeping sound had entered her dream again and she felt infuriated for no reason. She yanked her right hand furiously to get up from the bed and it shocked Jeongyeon the most as he was holding Mina's hands while he was sleeping. Not that he knew about the holding hand though. Also, Mina didn't notice there is someone near her bed and she headed to the door with quick steps.


"Where are you going?" he asked, trying his best to focus on Mina even though he was half-awake.


Mina, who got caught off guard stopped her track, completely frozen by the door, hands already on the doorknob to get out.


'Aishh.. When did he get there? How come I didn't notice his presence at all?' mina internally cursed in her mind.


"I'm asking you.. Where are you going Mina?" Jeongyeon asked once again, but now he is walking towards Mina.


"Not your business" she answered coldly while opening the door.


"It is.. Since you're currently under my care until you discharge from here"


"What?? Who said so? There's no way i would let you take care of me—"


"It's your mom, and my mom as well. They asked me to stay here" he said, made Mina lost her words.


"I just need some fresh air.. You can just stay here since I don't need someone to accompany me now.. I want to be alone"


"Like I would let you alone out there" he scoffed.

"You're a girl so act like one.. Know your boundary and besides, it's already night" he spatted, didn't know he had made Mina more irritated by him.


"Did you say these words out of pity or do you care about me? If it's out of pity then I don't need it" she spatted back, walking out from the room and slammed the sliding door hard, right in front of his face. 


Jeongyeon who shocked by her action had stay still on the same spot, too stunned to move even after a minute of Mina's leaving.  As he had come to his sense, he walked to the couch and fall flat on it. His palms were now on his face as he realized his stupid mistake for making a hurtful comment to Mina. After a few minutes, Jeongyeon walked to the window and saw Mina was sitting on one of the bench there by herself. The park was located in the middle of the hospital, as it was surrounded by the hospital building. Eventually, people who were standing by the balcony will get to see all of the scene in the park and it's the same for Jeongyeon right now.


The cold wind that suddenly blew past Mina sent a shiver ran down her spine. Unfortunately for her, today's night was extra chilly than usual and she didn't have any jacket with her right now to keep her warm. She doesn't know if she felt like that because of her current cold or her heart was hurting from Jeongyeon's words. She let out a loud sigh as her problem only bring more headache and heartache to her. She was glad as nobody was there to see her being all sad and disappointed in herself for being so pathetic when it comes about Jeongyeon. If there were people asking about her problems, maybe she would ended up crying again, she thought.


Mina interlaced her hands and blew the air from to keep her hands warm. Her hands were already freezing from the cold while she's trying a few methods to keep her body temperature stay the same. Even though she was cold, she didn't want to return to her ward so soon as she will meet Jeongyeon even if she tried avoiding him. She kept rubbing her hands together and put them on her ears, as it was the coldest and reddest one in this moment. Jeongyeon who saw the sight in front of him felt his heart started to beat faster for her, none other than Mina. 


He was about to go after Mina and bring her back into her ward but the man that approached her slowly right now made him stopped his track and grabbed the rail tightly. As soon as Mina saw that man, her smile was as bright as the sun, the gummy smile that Jeongyeon missed the most and she hugged him afterwards.


'Wait, she hugged him? Who the hell is that man though?' Jeongyeon gritted his teeth, his knuckles had already became white as he hold the rail more tighter.


Mina's eyes showed the love and longing for that man and Jeongyeon can see it clearly from above. She grabbed the man's hand and asked him to sit down next to her as she patted on the bench lightly and the man gladly accepted her offer.


'Want to be alone, my .. What's with the smooth gesture?' Jeongyeon rolled his eyes.


.


.


.


Mina pov 


I was trying to keep myself warm by blew the air from my mouth. Truthfully, it doesn't work that much as I thought since I could feel that my hands still freezing. As I was immersed in keeping myself warm, I heard someone suddenly called my name and his voice is kinda familiar. I turned to my left and my smile immediately plastered on my face. As if the problem that I've been thinking about was gone in an instant.


"Mina?" the man asked for confirmation.


"Yuta? What are you doing here?" I slowly standing up from the bench and waited for him to hug me as always. I'm glad he wanted to hug me too.


"Well, a minor incident after arriving in the airport one hour ago. I don't want to tell you since it's kinda embarassing.. Hum, what about you? What are you doing here?"


"As you can see, i'm wearing a hospital pyjama right now so that means that I'm being warded.."


"What? Why?" he asked as he took a seat beside me.


"A troublesome cold attacked me today after I was drenched in the rain last night"


"Yaa! Why did you play with the rain? You had—"


"I know, Yuta.. I had so much in my head and I can't think about anything else except my own problems. Also, I wanted it by myself, drenched in the rain as I want to hide my tears from being seen by others. By doing that, they can't see that I'm sad at the moment"


"But, that's not the right way to hide your feelings Mina ya.. You can always tell me about your problems.. I'm your cousin so you can depend on me"


"Thank you Yuta.. Hmm, may I get another hug then?"


"Of course! It's not like a hug will harm us in any way"


'I miss his hug so much' she thought, mind wandered about Jeongyeon.


'Huh, I didn't know that Mina can become this pretty. I bet she doesn't have any boyfriend too'  Yuta smirked while thinking of disgraceful idea.


And so, Mina and Yuta were hugging each other while Yuta was caressing Mina's hair softly. A pair of eyes that witnessed the hug between Mina and the mysterious man decided to walk back inside the room while punching nothing in the air. Jeongyeon then walked to the closet and took the extra blanket before he threw it on the sofa out of jealousy. For now, he just wanted to sleep and get rid of the thought between Mina and that man. 


"Seriously, I need to know who that man though!" 


About 30 minutes or so, Mina returned to her ward with a wide smile and she saw that Jeongyeon was already sleeping soundly on the couch. But, she didn't know that Jeongyeon was faking his sleep as his back was now facing Mina's bed. Well, it's not like he doesn't want to sleep but he just can't. His brain kept replaying Mina's scene with Yuta. And the reason he was back facing her because he doesn't want to see Mina's happy face after meeting with that useless man. 


'It should be me the one who she hugged earlier' he claimed, feeling annoyed for no reason.


.


.


.


.


Next day


Jeongyeon woke up early than Mina although he haven't got any nice sleep yesterday. His eyes were clearly puffed and there were dark circles under his eyes when he looked into the bathroom's mirror. He washed his face repeatedly until he feels refreshed, same as brushing his teeth. When he done doing his morning routine, he went outside of the bathroom just to see Mina was still deep in sleep. Jeongyeon then covered Mina with the thick blanket sweetly and tiptoeing while he was in the room until he get outside and went home to get some of his clothes.


9.00 a.m. 


Jeongyeon was on his way to the hospital when suddenly his mind kept on thinking about Mina.. and her sweet moment with the mysterious man yesterday. He frowned automatically and he admit that he was kinda pissed off although he shouldn't feel like that, he thought.


"Oh, good morning.. Where did you go?"


"I went home.. to bring these" he said while showing his backpack as he made his way to the couch.


'No greeting, but that's fine with me' she thought.


"Emm, have you eat?" she asked again.


"Yes" he answered without looking at Mina and kept playing with his phone as he lay down on the couch. 


Mina was feeling sad by his attitude that was indifferent towards her. The room was definitely became quiet after Jeongyeon gave out a short answer to her but suddenly the sound of sliding door being opened can be heard by them.

 

"Hye Mina.. How are you doing?" Yuta asked as he was slowly approaching Mina, not minding Jeongyeon's presence at all on the side.

"Here, for you" he gave Mina a bouquet of flower and she put it aside on the table.

 

'What the hell is he doing here?!' Jeongyeon was shocked by his sudden visit and kinda raged inside, still in the same position as he was earlier meanwhile his eyes were following Yuta's figure.


"Thank you and I'm good.. What about you Yuta?"


"Yeaa, I was great as always" he grinned playfully at Mina and Jeongyeon swear that he wanted to puke in any moment.


Yuta immediately grabbing a reachable chair to sit on it.  He was talking non-stop and Mina was laughing at his jokes. For Mina, he had the same humour sense as Jeongyeon so that's why she was easily laughing.


"Ehem" Jeongyeon faked a cough and both of them look at him with question look on their faces.


"Oh sorry dude.. I didn't know you were there. I'm Yuta, nice to meet you" he greeted from afar, smiling at him until his eyes were nowhere to be seen.


"Jeongyeon" he replied shortly and started scrolling on his phone again. Yuta raised one of his eyebrows at Jeongyeon's cold behaviour before he turned towards Mina and chatting with her again.


As Jeongyeon was still laying on the couch, he used the phone as a distraction for them since he doesn't want them to know that he was actually eavesdropping to every conversations that they had. His eyes also kept darting from his phone to see Mina's doing and he was clueless about gritted his teeth until Yuta left them alone in the room to go home.


'Finally!! I thought he doesn't have a home to go to' Jeongyeon rolled his eyes and eventually fell asleep until his mom arrived.


--- 


It was the same for the second day. Yuta had been visiting her regularly in a day and it made Jeongyeon mad at himself for being so coward. He was like an invisible man when Yuta came into the room and he couldn't do anything to prevent Yuta from coming in since he didn't have any right to do it.

 


Today is the day Mina will be discharged from the hospital and she feel so happy as she finally got to go home. For the past five days in the hospital were really uncomfortable for her since Jeongyeon was acting extra cold to her, especially when Yuta have visited Mina these past days and he was offering to take her home today but Mina declined it. Jeongyeon unknowingly smirked at Yuta as if he won against him and immediately sent Mina went back home and headed out to the gym to release his stress.


"What's wrong with hyung today though? He never stopped punching the punch bag since he got here.. And eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter