“You keep me warm.”- WenRene

midnightshon's #Fictober2019
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: WenRene

Summary: It was the weekend. Seungwan was stuck taking care of a sick Bae Joohyun.

A/N: This prompt screams ‘wenrene’ and ‘fluff’. I just had to do it. (Read: There’s not much plot in there, none at all, really. I just needed to get this fluff out of my system.)

--------

She placed the bowl of porridge on the bedside table, careful not to make too much noise and wake Joohyun. She then sat herself on an armchair, leaned back, wondering if it’s enough distance to watch a person sleeping without looking like a creep.

Joohyun had called her earlier that morning, the trace of flu heavy in her voice, and said she needed to take a raincheck on their dinner that night. “Why is this making me feel like a needy and possessive girlfriend,” Seungwan had pointed out. “You’re sick. No way in hell we’re still going.”

Joohyun had laughed in between coughs, sniffing.

“Hold still, I’m coming over,” said Seungwan.

“Like my head won’t be spinning if I get out of bed.”

Seungwan arrived half an hour later to a sleeping Joohyun and a messy apartment. She managed to clean up a bit, put Joohyun’s dirty laundry in the washing machine, while her porridge was cooking. Now she waited.

Her girlfriend looked somewhat pitiful sleeping with slightly agape, breathing through it because her nose was all clogged up. She reached over and pushed aside a strand of hair from Joohyun’s forehead, relieved the skin wasn’t hot under her touch. Joohyun hadn’t picked up the fever. Yet. Seungwan frowned. Maybe she should wake her up now, get her to eat the porridge and some medicine before it worsened.

As if on cue, Joohyun’s eyes fluttered open, her lips spread into a smile when she noticed Seungwan’s presence in the room. “How long have you been here?” she asked.

“Watching you sleep?”

“In my apartment, you creep.” She rubbed her eyes, stretched a little while stifling a yawn with her other hand. “I was meaning to wait, but then I remembered you had the spare key. What time is it?”

“Relax. It’s only a little over an hour since you called. You need to eat,” she said, nodding to the bowl by Joohyun’s bedside table. “I’m gonna get you some water and medicine.”

When she came back, Joohyun had pulled herself into a sitting position and had a spoonful of porridge close to her lips. The grimace that painted her expression told Seungwan it was no fun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter