Determine

Sunrise Cafè
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebeom is back at his office studio at the IJB Entertainment. There are a small table led lamp that spells DefSoul. No one other than his family, friends, the company artist and artist who have work with DefSoul knows who he is. The entertainment company was built 24 years ago and the co-founder is his own father Im Jaehyung. But his father named it after him, Im Jaebeom Entertainment (IJB Entertainment). Jaebeom has written and composed songs since little and he has used his alias named when he gave songs to his father. That is why naturally he works there. He has that talent that anyone can’t questioned.

He always hear compliments about his songs. Thinking back of what Dongyoung said that Kang Seulgi is his big fan. He felt giddy and excited.

Jaebeom don’t know what is wrong with him but since he heard Seulgi faint singing yesterday, he just can’t stop thinking about her. And her looks is a bonus too. With the eye smiles when she laughs, and when her cheeks are also visible when she is smiling. Jaebeom just can’t stop thinking about her. Even the small talk they did before he went back to the office. Even though he was disappointed that today he doesn’t see her. But at least, her employee gave some information about her. Gosh he feels like a creep. But knowing her a little bit more gave him a sense of warmth that he crave for a long time.

He remembers what Dongyoung said at the café about a man who was heartbroken. And he is right. Defsoul is one heartbroken man in the past. That is when his heartbroken songs was released and instantly became a hit. It is a help that the artist who brings out the emotion and the lyrics to the song has a great voice and understands the songs well. He is grateful. But after seeing Seulgi yesterday, he feels like warm. It is feeling of the sun that started to rise in the early morning. It’s that feeling that he loves so much, but this time it is not the sun. But a woman that he never met but he was highly curious about and he have an instinct that he will opened up to this one. He will try.

He hope so too.

 

 

 Back at the café when Dongyoung finishes talking to Jaebeom, 2 pair of curious eyes just eyed him everywhere. But Dongyoung just continued his work like nothing happen. Sooyoung pouts. When Jaebeom leaves, Sooyoung starts “Yah, Kim Dongyoung! You better spill the beans. What did you and that handsome oppa talked about? You two looked like you’ve known each other for years.”

“Nothing. I just gave him a little information about Seulgi noona. And I’m sure that he went here today expecting noona will be here. No offence Wendy noona.” He looked at her.

Wendy waves his hand nonchantly. “Non-taken! So you think he likes our Ddeulgi?” Wendy asked.

“Yes definitely.” Dongyoung said smirking.

“Oh, for ya’ll information. His name is Im Jaebeom. He works at the music company down the block.” He said and close his ears ready for the ladies reaction.

“WHAT? Kyaaaaaaaa~ He works at LJB Entertainment?” Sooyoung starts.

“He works there? Singer? Never see any of his posters though.” Wendy said curiously.

“Nope, he’s a producer song-writer there. So maybe he knows Defsoul.” He said that to Sooyoung.

“Oh, I have a friend who works there too.” Wendy said slowly.

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaaa~” Sooyoung squeals again. “If I’ve known I would ask a favour to ask for Def’s signature. And I would have just ask you unnie!” she whined, Dongyoung rolls his eyes. “This woman, who she thinks I am?”

“I already said that to him. But I don’t know if he will help or not.” Dongyoung tsk.

“You really?” Sooyoung looked at him touched. Then she hugs him. “Ohhhhh, thank you thank you thank you. You are seriously the best ever Dongyoung.” She said sincerely.

Even though Dongyong just tsk again but his ear is already red but still tap Sooyoung hands. Appreciate the hug.

Wendy just smiles at the scene. “These two if they don’t end up together, I’ll just shove them to the pantry room and locked them.” She thinks.

“Alright you two. Come on, let’s close up. And I can send you two love birds home.” Wendy tease.

“Unnie!” Sooyoung stomps her feet. Dongyoung just continue doing his work but his face and ear are still red.

Wendy just chuckled.

 

 

The next day, Jaebeom is at his office studio. Writing a song. He planned he will go to the café after lunch. Not so crowded and not so quiet. He was so excited when he woke up this morning. He was feeling so giddy. He don’t know is it because of the weather or because of the events that will happen later on the day.

Suddenly his door is wide open seeing his friends. He intentionally rolled his eyes.

“What do you guys want? Don’t you all have work? And don’t you have to be in the office Park Jinyoung?” he grumbled.

“Ughh, so grumpy early in the morning. Chill grandpa. It’s my day off today. Mark hyung invite me to breakfast.” Jinyoung said. Jinyoung is one of Jaebeom oldest friends they knew each other through out high school and spent university days together too. Their parents even knew each other. He’s an architect. He has an architect firm nearby. Mark is the psychologist in the IJB building. He’d been hired right after college. Because he’s intern there as the main psychologist helper. Then right after college, IJB offered him a position there. Youngjae is one of the singer song writer of the company under the name Ars. He is one of the solo singer in IJB and chart topper.  And Jackson is one of the trainee there but he changed his path from wanting to become an idol, he wants to become a choreographer and instructor there in IJB, he achieved it though. A lot of idols looked up to him.

“Come on hyung.” Youngjae whine. He is the maknae of them 5. So when he whines, the hyungs can’t resist him. “There’s this café that the trainees talk about. It’s been there for 2-3 years but we don’t have a chance to visit.” Jaebeom’s ear perked up. He looks at Youngjae interested.

Younjae continued, “The name is Sunrise Café. Cute right? People say they sell the best breakfast and best pastries there.” Jaebeom beams at the word Sunrise Café.

Jinyoung and Mark just look at Jaebeom’s unusual reaction. Different from before. Mark and Jinyoung look at each other. “Interesting.” 

“Come on JB. They also said the owners are pretty hot as well.” Hearing Jackson said that Jaebeom glared at him. “I hope it’s not Seulgi that you are talking about!” he said in his mind.

“Woah woah woah! Chill. I just wanted to say that the owners are pretty nice and beautiful. What’s with the sudden glares?” Jackson said defensively. Jinyoung and Mark chuckled.

“Come on lover boy!” Jinyoung cooed. “!” Jaebeom thought. He should have known this old friend of him will caught on. “Ugh, I hate him!” Then he looks at Mark. Mark just smirks at him. “Why can’t I have normal friends?” he said out loud.

“So, is that a yes?” Youngjae beamed at him.

“Ughhhh! Whatever yes.” Jaebeom said.

“Woah, let’s go!” Jackson being the oblivious one.

 

 

When they arrive at the Sunrise Café, they heard the employees greet them in sync.

 “Welcome to Sunrise Café.”

Jaebeom can see Seulgi. She is attending a customer.

“Oh hey Mark. Bought friends this time. And some faces I knew.” Wendy said and eyeing Jaebeom who the tip of his ears becoming red. Jinyoung and Mark just chuckled.

“Good morning Wendy. Yeah. This is Youngjae, he is excited to be here. He literally begging Jaebeom to come. So you knew Jaebeom. And this is Jinyoung and Jackson. Hey guys, this is Wendy.” Mark introduced them one by one.

“Nice to meet you Wendy.” Jackson offered a handshake while ogling Wendy’s face. And that is when Mark sharp tone rings to their ears. It’s not all day they hear the collective Mark lost his cool.

“Jackson, you are making her uncomfortable.” He said to gritted teeth.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Jackson said. Wendy just smiles.

When the boys are in Seulgi’s vision she smiled and then she saw Jaebeom with them, and her smiles widens unconsciously.

“Oh hey Mark, back so soon?” she . And Mark just scratch his nape. “And hi Jaebeom-sshi. I don’t know you are friends with Mark?” Seulgi said.

“Oh hey Seulgi. I don’t know that he knows this place.” He glares at Mark. “If I known it sooner. I would have known you sooner.” Jaebeom said absentmindedly. Seulgi is shocked. But she just smiled. “I know right? I can have many friends if we have known each other sooner.”

“Oh let me introduce you. This is Jinyoung, Jackson and Yongjae. And you know Mark.” They just smiled at Seulgi but Jackson being Jackson. He extended his hands for a handshake and before Seulgi even grabbed it Jaebeom already grabbed his friend hand and shake it. How about you and Jinyoung search for a seat. We will ordered for you.” Jackson looks baffled and Jinyoung just laugh seeing his friend like that and pull Jackson from the group.

Jaebeom faces Seulgi. “Sorry about him. He was born outside Korea and he’s a free spirited like that.”

Seulgi just smiles. “Now should we ordered?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter