Start of something beautiful

Sunrise Cafè
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After 8 months of being friends, they are now are so comfortable with each other. Seulgi had been to Jaebeom’s apartment for a few times. Because Jaebeom is a great cook and a great company. A few dates here and there. Jaebeom late night at the office is not at the office anymore. It is at Sunrise Café. He bought his work there and Seulgi is there to company him. And he would share his music to her. And she will critic it whether she likes it or not. He really love their late night coffee and music. Seulgi still don’t know that he is Defsoul but, he will eventually. And he will confess to her and tell her about his heartbreaks for the past years so that Seulgi knows what she is into.

But Jaebeom knows that he has a strong feelings for Seulgi. For the past months of being friends with her he likes it a lot. She likes how bold and firm she is. And how playful and shy she is. Jaebeom feels like he with a ball of sunshine. He warms him up. Being with her brings his mood to top notch. Whenever he’s tired or not in the mood, her presence just can lift up in just seconds. He feels good around her. She is like a positive energy that he needs in his life. So he don’t want to lose his chance. Because unsurprisingly for Jaebeom, Seulgi is quite popular at the café. Jaebeom saw how bachelors tries to flirts with her. And Seulgi kids always inform him about guys who tries to aapproach Seulgi. Yerim, Yugyeon and Bambam are literally his eyes, even he doesn’t ask them to do that but he is grateful for their information and he can’t do anything about it because he is ‘just friends’ with her. And for that to stop, Jaebeom has to make a move. But he plans to reveal to her that he is Defsoul and about his fair share of heartbreaks. If he can he don’t want to reveal that side of him. But if he wants Seulgi to trust him, he needs to.

[Jaebeom’s phone]

To: Ddeulgi J

              Hey, are you free this evening?

From: Ddeulgi J

              I can make time for you. Are you okay?

As Jaebeom reads her reply, his heart skips a beat. She always have a way with words with him. The comfort he feel with her is just unexplainable.

To: Ddeulgi J

Yes. I’m okay. I want to ask you for a date. I want to show you something’s. Is that okay?

From: Ddeulgi J

              That’s definitely a yes! What do you want to show me? And where is it?

To: DDeulgi J

              It’s just in my office and workplace but you’ll find out soon enough. See you.

From: Ddeulgi J

              Uuuuuu… an office tour. Am excited. Hihi see you Jaebeom. <3

 

With just a heart. Jaebeom is going crazy. He really likes her he concludes. And he can’t wait to confess to her. This 8 months has been crazy. When they walk together, he wanted to hold her hand so badly, but he held back. Because he don’t want Seulgi to feel uncomfortable. Also for the last 8 months, Mark and Wendy are finally official. Mark ask her 4 months ago. And Wendy just coolly said yes. Seulgi was the one who is so excited hearing the news. And of course the 5 of the part timers teasing Wendy and Mark non-stop. In a span of 8 months, Jaebeom got close not only to Sooyoung and Doyoung. Also to Yerim, Yugyeom and Bambam. The morning shift part timers. Seulgi introduces him to them. They are not shy about teasing those three. But Jaebeom are also grateful to them because on how supportive they are of their friendship. Because they know that Jaebeom is interested in Seulgi and not just a friend. Even though the three did annoyed him the most on how they annoyed Seulgi and Wendy, but to Jaebeom they are good kids.

 

 

 

The night comes, Jaebeom picked Seulgi up at the café, and they just walked back to IJB Entertainment. When Seulgi was inside, she was amazed by the interior of the office. It feels futuristic but still there’s a warm feeling to it and he conveyed what she thought to Jaebeom.

“My father wanted a company that have this feeling that you are home but modernise. So I gave him the idea about this and he approved so I just proceed it with my idea. And it turns out pretty well. So, I’m proud of it. Literally.” He smiles at her.

“Wait? You design this?”” Seulgi questioned.

Jaebeom scratch his nape and look at her sheepishly, “Yeah you can say that. I think I forgot to tell you that my major in college wasn’t music. It was Interior Architecture, and I minor in music.”

“What?” Seulgi gaped at him.

“What? I don’t look like it does it?”

“No! It’s just, that is amazing. And do you want to take the major or what?”

“Yeah, I was like not confident to pursue music and it don’t have a clear future for me even though my father is in the music industry. I don’t want to use his name. And architecture is a backup plan but became my main when I fell in love with it. At the same time I can’t gave up on music and take minor in it without my parents knowing.” He said looking at Seulgi wanted to see her reaction. Seeing that she is quiet waiting for him to finish. He continued.

“Then when my parents knew about it, they just smiled and encourage me to do what makes me happy. I was so lucky to have that kind of support. Then after I graduate and make music at the same time that is when my father gave me the director position and make me in charge of this building.” He shrugs and they already in front of his office studio.

Seulgi smile. And hold his arm stopping him to move forward. She smiles at him.

“Your parents are amazing and you’ve been blessed. And you are amazing for thinking about your future like that. You must have been so matured.”

“When you think of it. I think I am. I’m just glad that the major that I took I feel in love with it how I fell in love with music. Come on let me show you my office.” Seulgi’s hand is still on Jaebeom’s arm but he take her hand in his and guide her to his office room.

When they are inside, Seulgi gaped once again.

“I will not surprise if you say you design this room. It looks good and cosy. This is my first time being in a studio recording office.” Jaebeom chuckled.

Seulgi went inside and explore it. And there is one thing that caught her eye. The led table lamp that spells “Defsoul”. Jaebeom just followed her every steps and when her steps led her to the lamp she stops and he also stops and look at her back. It feels like his air is constricted. Seulgi looked back at him with her eyes widened. He knows that she figure it out.

“So, you are Defsoul? The Defsoul?” She questioned calmly.

“Yeah. You can say that.”

“No one knows?” She asked again.

“Nope, except the company and my friends. Family of course. You are the first.”

“But I’m your friend.”

“I know but you are special.” Jaebeom said sincerely.

With that statement, Seulgi’s face beet red. She bite her lips looking down. Then she turns to the lamp once more.

“You are seriously the most amazing person I know right now. You are like an onion. The more you peel, the more charming you become.” Seulgi complimented. It was Jaebeom’s turn to beet red.

 “I was not expecting that you are Defsoul. I thought you just knew him. And you even gave mercha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter