Star struck

Sunrise Cafè
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang Seulgi owns a 2 and a half year old café at Gangnam where the place is always busy. Sunrise Café. Right after college she saved up enough money by doing various job such as working at a café, singing at bars, painting and sell it. She have a knacks of talents up her sleeves. The café is also co-owned by her best friend Wendy Son. Her café has that homie feelings that people can’t get enough off. The pastries are good too, thanks to Wendy with her baking skills.

There are total 7 staffs including her and Wendy. Yerim, Yugyeom and Bambam are the kids of the employee. They are part timer from the University nearby. They know each other by working there. Because of the different majors that they are taking. But they play well with each other with their mischievous traits that Seulgi sometimes annoyed but adore at the same time because they are the café’s lovely evil maknaes.

And the other two are the cats and dog of the café. They know each other since they were a baby and get along with each other sometimes but sometimes they don’t. They have this love hate relationship that Seulgi and Wendy did not understand one bit. Sometimes they think that the two will end up together someday but sometimes they think that one of them will kill each other. Park Sooyoung and Kim Dongyoung. Both have a strong personality. Both can’t stand of each other but they are well sync with each other and understands each other. Dongyoung said they are always like that since they are little. Sometimes, Seulgi and Wendy caught Dongyoung stealing galnces at Sooyoung when they are working. And the way Dongyoung eyes sparkle if they are talking to each other. Wendy and Seulgi believe that Sooyoung and Dongyoung will have that cliché childhood friend’s turn lover’s story. They just hope that Dongyoung have a courage to confess.

 

 

It was a really slow night for Sunrise Café. It was a Tuesday night. It was only Dongyoung, Sooyoung and Seulgi are working. The maknaes have already left. It was already 10p.m. Seulgi is in charge at the counter. And there are not many customers left. She was singing while sitting day dreaming, she doesn’t even hear the front door bell ring. She is just in her own world singing and humming that only for her ears. It was 5 minutes tops when, Dongyoung whispers to Seulgi from the back door to the kitchen.

“Pssttttttt…..Noonaaaa! Seulgi noonaaaaa! Customer!!!!” Dongyoung looked panicked.

Seulgi wake up from her day dream and are facing a guy with cat liked eyes, with a sharp nose and a define jawline. His ear tip is red, maybe because of the night cold air. Seulgi is embarrassed. But the guy just stand there looking at her in a daze. Seulgi tried to take his attention but he doesn’t budge.

Seulgi tried for the last time buy touching the guy arm to nudge him. “Sir?” she called.

“Oh yes. Yes? Order is it? I’m sorry.” His ear tip are red as ever. Seulgi thinks the café temperature is okay. Is it that cold? She thinks.

“Can I take your order sir?” Seulgi make an eye contact with the customer. “Wuuu handsome.” She thought briefly.

“Umm, can I have a medium hot Americano please?”

“That would be 1314won.” He tapped his card on the device and Seulgi gave him the device.

“Thank you.” He smiled and Seulgi smiles back.

He sits near window and take out his small notebook.

Seulgi herself made him, his coffee. Dongyoung and Sooyoung is there seeing all the interaction earlier.

“Noona, do you know that guy?” he starts. “Yeah you two are like ogling each other.” Sooyoung said.

These two brats is at it again. Seulgi thought. Her hands are busy making the customer coffee. But her employees are busy with the guy before.

“No, I don’t know him.” Seulgi answered simple.

“Then why is he look so lost when he is looking at you? Or is it he fell in love with your singing?” Dongyoung logic.

“You’re right!” Sooyoung agrees for the first time that day. “Maybe he is a music producer that wanted to scouts singer.” Sooyoung adds.

“Don’t be ridiculous! I’m too old to be a trainee and debut.” Seulgi banter. His drink is ready and Seulgi signals him. He jolted because the thing vibrates. Seulgi hide her smile. “Cute.”

“He’s coming, he’s coming. OMG, seeing him up close he is so handsome unnie!!!!! His skin is so flawless.” Sooyoung fangirling, Dongyoung just roll his eyes with Sooyoung antics.

“Shut up you two.”

The man gave Seulgi the device and take his drinks. “Thank you. Come again to Sunrise Café.” Seulgi said, while bowing.

“Sunrise huh?” Seulgi heard his voice for the first time, his voice. “Why Sunrise?” he asked Seulgi. Seulgi knows that the two of her employee are eavesdropping.

“Umm let see.” She starts. “I don’t even know, to think about it I think one day I wanted to open a café and that is when the sun starts to rise and from that day I have in mind that my café would be name Sunrise. Hence, Sunrise Café. But I think, sunrise gave me such pleasant feelings.” Seulgi smiled while explaining to him. He nods and also smiled.

“That was meaningful. So I presume, this café is yours?” he asked again

Seulgi shrugs. “Mostly, it also co-owned by my best friend Wendy. She baked all the goodies here. Next time you should try some.” The man just nodded. Loving to hear the word next time from her.

“I would love too. My name is Jaebeom by the way. Im Jaebeom. And you?” the tip of his ear is red again. Seulgi ought to check her café temperature. She don’t want her customer feeling cold.

“Seulgi. Kang Seulgi. Nice to meet you.” Seulgi said. There this warm feelings in her heart that she can’t describe.

“Thank you for the coffee Seulgi-sshi. I’ll definitely come again. Have a nice night.” Jaebeom bow and went out of the café.

After Jaebeom foot just step out of the café, Sooyoung squeals out loud and hug Dongyoung. Dongyoung already knew Sooyoung would be like that. So he just ignored her and just wipe the glasses clean. Even though he can feel his face is warm all of the sudden contact. He just ignored it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter