With Teeth 3

With Teeth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:  Unedited, but I was called in to work, and I just wanted to get this up.  Come back Wednesday night, if you want the edited version.

 

 

Slipping quickly out of bed, Junmyeon turned to pin you with a dark look.  “Stay here.” With that he was gone.  

In a few moments, however, you heard the door open, then your stomach flipped as you heard the wet sound of what you were pretty sure was kissing.  

“Myeonie,” the woman said quietly.

“Yonaya,” Junmyeon started.  His voice was soft. “What are you doing here?”  You frowned at the seductive note in his tone, then shook your head.  Oh, no. You weren’t falling into the jealousy trap. Who cares what Junmyeon did with his body?  He wasn’t yours.

“Can’t a girl come see her favourite boy?”

“Mm, but how long has it been?”

She purred, and your hackles rose.  “A lifetime…”

“Exactly.  They have phones, now.  Why didn’t you call?”

“Myeonie,” Yona crooned, the sweetness of her voice making you want to throttle her, “be careful…  You’re going to make me think that you don’t want me…”

Deep, soft, teasing laughter.  “That’s not it at all. I just...would have made sure that everything is perfect for you.  Just let me take out the trash.” Within seconds, he was back in the room with you, giving you a look before hauling you up by your arm.  “Take your clothes and leave.”

Fumbling, you grabbed frantically for your clothes, used them to cover your body as the woman--Yona--sauntered into the room.  

“Well, well, well.  What do we have here?”

Inwardly, you rolled your eyes.  A walking cliche?

“Nothing.  No one. As you can see, I was just having something to eat.”

Yona gasped in apparent delight, clapped her hands together.  “Marvelous. I haven’t eaten all evening.”

Junmyeon’s grip tightened around your upper arm.  “Then let me put on something nice, and we can go out.”

“Why do that, when we can just stay in?” she purred, looking at you with such intensity that you felt , despite the sheet held to your chest.  

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Junmyeon said, pulling you around, walking forward to push you ahead of him out of the room.

“Why not?  You said that she wasn’t anyone.”  Yona draped herself over his shoulder, her gaze still piercing through you.  “Did you want love, Little One? I can give you love.”

“No one important,” he clarified.  “Still, she is a tenant. It would draw suspicion if she were to go missing.  You know that I don’t hunt close to home.”

Yona pouted, looking up him.  “Yes, I remember. Still boring, I see.”  Her gaze slid back to you, looking thoughtfully up and down your body.  “What a pity.” She flicked her hand negligently. “Go away.”

Junmyeon nodded, and you made your way to the door with as much dignity as you could muster, taking care not to run, for fear of awakening Yona’s predatory instincts.  You opened the door, but it slammed back home, and you felt Yona’s body pressing against your back, tall and cool, her hands flat on either side of your head.

“Since you seem to know Myeonie, I hardly think that I have to warn you that if you tell anyone about us, I will find you, do I, Little One?”

Your breath was shallow as you shook your head.

“Marvelous.”  Purring, she nuzzled your hair away from the back of your neck.  “So...unless you want to play…”

You shook your head again.  

“Ah,” she whined.  “You’re no fun, either.”

Then the door was open, and she was jutting her chin toward the dark stairwell.  “Leave.”

You did.

***

You didn’t see Junmyeon for days.

***

“Wait, so...he called her his queen?”

You nodded.  “I didn’t think that vampires had a central governing body.”

Ryung in a breath, tilted his head.  “They don’t.” He paused thoughtfully, and looked up at you.  “Um, didn’t this Yona say that you weren’t to tell anyone?”

“She meant that she doesn’t want the existence of vampires exposed.  You already knew.”

“Still,” he muttered, fidgeting nervously, “you’re playing rather fast and loose with my personal safety.”

“Don’t be a coward.”

“I don't want to be eaten!”

“Then rub some garlic behind your ears.”

He gave you a fake laugh.  “Anyway...no...his queen...that means that she’s the one who...made him.”

You looked at him in surprise.  “Oh.”

“Oh is right.  That means that she’s older and stronger.”

Leaning against his desk, you tapped your finger against your lips.  “He didn’t seem to like her very much…but he pretended that he did.”

Ryung shrugged.  “They’re vampires.  We know next to nothing about their culture, their society, their emotional capacity.”

“They’re still people,” you protested.

“Sure.  People. People who eat people.”

You rolled your eyes, then straightened, clapped your hands together.  “Well, regardless of whatever feelings he has for her, at least she got him out of my hair.”

Your friend looked at you sideways. “Do you mean that?”

“Of course I do.  I never wanted his attention in the first place.  As long as she keeps his attention, I can live my life in peace.”

“Alright.”

“What?”

“What-what?”

“Alright,” you mocked.

“I just…”

“Spit it out.”

“It’s just...whenever you talk about him, your eyes kind of do this thing where they light up.”

“That’s revulsion.”

Ryung gave you a look.  “I’m a scientist, remember?”

“We’re cryptozoologists, we’re sociologists at best--”

“Anyway,” he overrode you, “how about this?  Your respiratory rate goes up, whenever we discuss him--”

“Distress.”

“Your pupillary response becomes more labile,” 

“Irritation.”

“You flush--”

You waved a hand, “I’m no longer interested in this line of conversation.

“Just admit it.  You’re attracted to him.  There’s nothing wrong with that.”

“He’s a cannibalistic stalker--everything is wrong with that!”

“Haemophagia isn’t cannibalism, you’re an academic--speak precisely.”

“Hyperbole is just...wasted on you, isn’t it?”

“That’s my charm.”

***

Humming quietly to yourself, you flipped the chamchijeon as you stared off into space, idly wondering what sort of food Junmyeon used to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter