Chapter Two

Hush

Chanyeol couldn't remember the last time someone other than Baekhyun had made him happy. 

Baekhyun was more than just the guy who Chanyeol hung out with. He was Chanyeol's best friend, a shining light in the darkness of his life, and maybe, just maybe, Chanyeol had fallen in love with him. 

Baekhyun had a habit of biting his lip when he was thinking; Chanyeol had come to love it. He loved the way Baekhyun laughed, the way he smiled, the way he said whatever he thought and just enjoyed the good moments in life as they came. He loved the way Baekhyun always had a witty response to everything, the way he stood up against any insults, the way he was so unapologetically himself. Chanyeol loved Baekhyun, for everything he was. 

 

 

Joohyun knew that without Seulgi, she wouldn't still be here. She didn't care. 

It would be easy to pretend she was 'cured.' Hold a boy's hand, get scolded by the teachers who were smiling in delight at her so-called 'improvement', get sent home quickly. But Seulgi kept her from it. If she got caught holding anyone's hand, it would be Seulgi's; the cute, pretty younger girl was the reason she hadn't let herself be 'fixed' yet. 

Joohyun didn't want to lie to get away. She wanted to live her truth and stay, right here, with Seulgi. 

 

 

Changbin had often thought how ridiculous the building design was.

Sneaking into each other's rooms? Unacceptable! Let's place your windows half a foot apart so moving from room to room is easy for you! 

Ridiculous. But he was glad for it. It allowed him to talk to Felix easily, without anyone to scold and watch over them. 

Felix sat by his window for a few minutes daily, praying. Changbin wasn't religious, but he couldn't help but think there must be a greater being somewhere, watching over them, because there was no human explanation for the perfect creature that was Felix. From his soft hair to his adorable smile to the freckles dusting his cheeks and nose, he was perfect, like an angel on earth. Felix didn't know it, but Changbin watched him pray every single day. It had become an important part of his routine. 

Felix watched Changbin, too, when he was writing, and he seemed to think Changbin didn't notice, but it was obvious. He was doing it now, through his open window. Changbin looked up and smiled, then opened his own window and said quietly, "Let's break a rule, Felix. Right now." 

That was how Felix ended up spending the next two hours in Changbin's room. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No Johnten for this chapter; I'll add them and the other tagged ships next couple chapters, promise