Chapter 2

Love, Lust and Loyalty

After Yohan dropped her off to her class, Soomi waited for the last period to come. It was Mr. Oh's class!

But since luck was on her side, he came at the 2nd period as a substitute for their absent Botany teacher. Mr. Oh usually taught only Zoology.

Soomi grinned when she saw Sehun entering the classroom. Gosh, he must be teaching his fiancée ‘the human anatomy’ in full detail! 

The whole class Soomi watched Sehun dreamily. 
The way his lips twist into a smirk when he asked a student question, the way his shirt is neatly tucked in hugging his broad shoulders, the way he rolled up his sleeves showing those masculine arms of his and does she even need to mention how his trousers fitted perfectly to long athletic legs. 

Gosh he was too damn hot. And the fact that the top two buttons of his shirt ed wasn’t doing any peace to her heart. 

Soomi only prayed that she wouldn’t melt of his hotness. 

“Soomi,” she heard her name called. His voice! She had dreamt him whispering, “I love you Soo,” with his husky, manly voice. 

“Lee Soomi,” Sehun called again. The girl was in her world smiling like an idiot at the wall. 

A nudge from her seatmate brought Soomi out of her short stupor. “Yes, Mr. Oh,” it came as a squeak. 

“You are the only one who failed in my subject from this section,” he scolded. Soomi bit her lip. It was not her fault that she was weak in Biology.

Her classates looked at her in pity. Lee Soomi was really really weak in Biology.

Before, Sehun could say anything, the bell rang. “Meet me during lunch break,” saying that he went out. 

Soomi let out a ghost smile. She has been waiting for this moment when he’d teach her after class, alone. No one, not even Yohan knew about her huge crush on Oh Sehun. And the fact that he was engaged sent chilling thrills down her spine. She was going to make sure that he fell in love with her. 

When Soomi went to his desk during break, she found him going through his iPad. “Mr. Oh,” she called out. 

Sehun broke out of his gaze from the report he was reading. “Sit down,” he ushered her to the chair in front of him. 

Soomi sat down and began to play with her fingers. She was nervous. Then her head jerked up immediately and she stared at her teacher with agape. Oh freaking Sehun was holding her hands! “Keep your hands still. It’s distracting,” Sehun said. 

Soomi wondered if that had any inner meaning. Like cupping his cheeks and kissing him, massaging his broad shoulder or grabbing his thick dark hair. Soomi gulped. Her mind was being dirty. She needed to stop herself. 

“Soomi,” Sehun called out. Soomi gave her teacher a shaky smile. 

“I’m sorry, Mr. Oh but I’m not feeling that well. Can we instead discuss after class?”

Sehun nodded. The girl had looked pale all of a sudden. Before he knew, she was already out. 

A chuckle escaped his lips. She really did hate Biology. He wondered what excuse she would bring up after class. Soomi reminded himself when he was in her age. Maths was his least favorite subject and his parents wanted him to become an engineer! A soft smile appeared on his lips. She could be his sister. 

Yohan didn’t like it that Soomi was going to stay back after school for study sessions with Mr. Oh. He knew. He had known from the day Mr. Oh became a teacher at their school that Soomi was infatuated with the young good looking teacher. But he hoped that one day, Soomi would come to like him. 

Soomi entered the cafeteria with a thudding heart. She was overreacting. Mr. Oh didn’t mean anything but she couldn’t help herself when her mind was being so imaginative.

“I thought you were with Mr. Oh,” Yohan said when Soomi came to sit next to him. 

Soomi gave him a half smile. “I wasn’t feeling well so I came out.” 

Yohan was happy that she wasn’t with Mr. Oh. He smiled and said, “I got us tickets for movie tonight.” He hoped she'd say ‘yes'.

But, “I’m sorry, Yohan but I have study lessons with Mr. Oh after class,” Soomi answered making Yohan smile fell and he could only mumble a “Oh I see.”

Soomi grabbed his hands and for a moment, he felt his heart skipped a beat. “You know, you don’t have to act as the perfect boyfriend all of the time. Hang out with your friends. Enjoy with them,” she voiced out and added, “I’m not even your real girlfriend.”

A flicker of sadness appeared in his eyes. He hated that bitter truth. 

“You can go with Ryujin. Today’s her birthday. Be kind and give her the best birthday present,” Soomi suggested. 

Everyone in his class knew Shin Ryujin has liked Yohan ever since they became classmates and friends. Yohan was just so naïve. 

Yohan hesitated a bit but when he saw Soomi expectant look, he gave in. Maybe he should just stop hoping too much. 

 

 

 

A/N: Poor Yohan but we'll, it's just the beginning. Let's see how it'd go as the story goes.