Chapter 1

Love, Lust and Loyalty

Soomi rushed to where the notice board was the moment she reached her school. She searched for her name in the ‘Merit list'. When she didn’t find, she let out a sigh. Gosh she failed. But she was glad. Then her eyes went down to the bottom list until she found the name Lee Soomi. 

“Baby, you failed in Biology again,” Yohan said, snaking his arms around her waist. 

Soomi looked up to face her boyfriend. “I guess I need to stay back after school,” she said with a slight pout. 

Yohan pressed his lips firmly and then nodded. Her grades in high school were important to get into a good college. Though he didn't like the fact that he won’t be able to drop her home. 
*****
Yohan had always known about the popularity of Lee Soomi. They were of same class but different sections. He had overheard his friends talking about the hot chick in Grade 12-A who screw up Biology with attractive marks in Physics and Chemistry. He had found that funny. Classes in section – A were vocational classes in Medical Science. He didn’t know the difficulty of learning Biology. He was more keen in becoming a Computer Engineer. 

Yohan hadn’t heard about her for so long until his bestfriend, Hangyul brought up her name. “Do you wanna go on a double date?”

Yohan quickly said a ‘no'.

“Dude she’s bringing her cousin and guess who she is? Her cousin’s Lee Soomi dude, Lee Soomi,” Hangyul said.

Yohan let out an exasperated sigh. “So?”

Hangyul hit his forehead with his palm. “So? Are you kidding me? You do know who Lee Soomin is right?” he asked. Yohan nodded, disinterested as he made his way towards his locker.

“Dude, are you planning to be single forever? You’d love her, I promise. Besides if you don’t want to come to this date then I’d suggest you date one of those girls by the locker.”

Yohan looked towards his locker. The girls gave him shy waves, giggling to themselves when he returned them with a small smile. Then he turned to Hangyul. “When’s the date?”

To say Soomi attracted him would be an understatement, he was completely swept off his feet  just by her smile. The whole date, he kept looking at her. When the female caught him, she would return it with a soft, friendly smile. And he could see that Soomi was not interested in getting into a relationship. 

When Hangyul and his girlfriend wanted to enjoy a moment alone, Soomi didn’t seem to mind that she would be alone with Yohan. It was like she was not affected by his handsome face. 

Yohan started laughing at her weird jokes. The girl seemed not to be aware of her looks and the attention she was getting. Yohan wished the day would never end. But it had to. By the end of the date, Yohan was completely head over heels for her. 

The next day, his classmates gave him teasing grins. He was happy he didn’t find girls near his locker. “Dude I knew it!” Hangyul said with a smirk. 

Yohan creased his eyebrows. “What do you mean?” 

Hangyul took out his phone. “What do you mean by this?” he said, wriggling his brows and showing Yohan  a photo of her and Soomi by the fountain where they had stopped to take rest. 

Before he knew it, he was dashing towards her class. He found Soomi surrounded by some girls asking her questions about their relationship. They seemed excited. 

When he pulled her inside an empty classroom, “Do something!” Soomi shrieked. She had seen the picture too. It was when a dirt flew into her eye and Yohan was just help her. But from the back, it seemed like they were kissing. And not only that, there were many other pictures of them. It looked like they were on a date, which was true but not really, since they were just accompanying for a double date. 

“We can date then,” Yohan didn’t know how that came out from his mouth. Soomi looked at Yohan with agape. Is he even serious? “I mean, we can pretend to date and then call it off after some days.”

“Are you kidding me? We don’t even like each other. You know what, let’s go out together and tell them that we are not dating.”

Yohan felt a sudden pang in his chest. When he stood in front of his friends, his mouth betrayed his mind. “Yes, we are dating.”

Soomi was beyond furious. But after some days, she composed herself and hoped for Yohan to break up with her soon. She couldn’t just keep on pretending. And it that she didn’t know how to approach Yohan for a  break up so she waited for him to take the lead. 

Yohan was beyond happy. As her boyfriend, he was always by her side. With each passing day, he was falling more for her and he hoped that she would too. 

*****

Until a certain Oh Sehun showed up. Oh Sehun was a 25 year old handsome male, with an athletic body who recently got engaged. He was a new biology teacher in their school and Lee Soomi was suddenly attracted to him. And no one knew about her little infatuation. Or so she thought. 

 

A/N : Sehun's gonna make an appearance in the next chapter. Btw, comment down your thoughts. It'll make me more enthusiastic :) 

xoxo