005

I Remember You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Get back home this instant. We’re heading to Seoul.” Her mother said, excitement clearly written in her voice.

“Seoul? Today?”

“Yes darling, we have good news. The DNA centre just called saying they’ve found Suyeon!”

Suho sat up on the bed, making the girl wake up as well. “After all this time? For real omma?”

 

“You sure you don’t need to see a doctor?”

He asked Yooju, while stepping out of the gate, and getting on his bicycle. The girl nodded with a reassuring smile. “I’m all good now. Just get home quickly.”

“This really is an urgent matter Yooju-yah...if not I won’t be leaving.” He bit his lip, still eyeing the girl worriedly. But she patted his arm, trying to send him off. “Just leave already! I’m totally fine.”

“I’ll call you and explain in the evening arasso? For now just go in and get some sleep.”

With that he rode off, leaving the girl to wonder what made him return home in such a hurry.

 

She went to bed again, still feeling weak from the gone down fever. But the girl couldn’t sleep for longer, because a familiar luxurious vehicle arrived at her boarding place, bringing the news of her biological parents being found, at the most unexpected time.

Her step mom was there, smiling from ear to ear, waiting to take the girl to Seoul as soon as possible.

* * *

“Yeobo, how long do we have to wait?”

Suho’s mom asked his dad, peering at the entrance impatiently, before turning back to the coordinating officer who was busy with her paperwork.

“Excuse me miss,”

The elderly lady drew the girl’s attention. “Will that family be late to arrive? It’s alright to wait but I wish I could see my child sooner...”

“They’ll be here soon madam.” The girl answered with a polite smile. “As we heard, the girl is currently away from Seoul, so it might be taking some time for them to get here. Don’t worry and wait a little bit more.”

“Be patient Suho’s omma! We waited more than fifteen years! So why not a few hours more?” Suho’s dad patted his wife’s shoulder, and Suho took his mom’s hand caringly. “Let’s wait a little bit more, okay omma? Suyeonie will be with us forever afterwards you know!”

With a smile, his mom held the boy’s hand. “She was so adorable just like you Suho... So imagine, how beautifully she might have grown up?”

While the lady was wiping her tears with the handkerchief her son had handed over, two figures stepped into the small office. The coordinator stood up from her seat at once, greeting the two ladies who just arrived.

Suho raised his head and saw the familiar face, who timidly stood behind an extravagantly dressed woman.

Before he knew, he was on his feet, staring at the girl.

And so did Yooju, who couldn’t do anything but stare at the boy, flabbergasted.

“Mr. and Mrs. Kim, this is your daughter Kim Suyeon.” The coordinator smiled, making the couple stand up from their seats, eyes widening at the teenager girl. The minister’s wife bowed with a fake smile plastered on her wine red lips, and pushed the girl forward to the middle aged couple. “Greet them Yooju darling, they’re your parents.”

The girl stumbled forward, flabbergasted and her eyes still fixated on the boy who stood behind his parents. The words ‘Suyeon-ah...my baby...’ and the crying that came from Suho’s mom was barely heard in her ears, and she was pulled into a tight embrace as she stood transfixed to the spot. Both parents were hugging her and crying their hearts out, and tears started forming in her eyes as well, still watching the boy who didn’t move a single muscle and was staring at her in disbelief.

There weren’t any tears in his eyes, nor were any emotion to be seen.

His gaze as blank as dead.

Yooju’s attention was finally drawn to her new found mother, who turned the girl’s face towards her and kissed both her cheeks. “Look how beautiful you’ve grown up my baby...” Still crying out of happiness, she kissed Yooju on the forehead. “Forgive omma and appa...for not finding you until now.”

Meanwhile Suho walked up to the coordinator’s table in silence, and took the set of documents the officer had been preparing for them to take with them. And among them, was the DNA report, the confirmation of her DNA matching ninety nine percent with her mother’s, verifying her maternity to the girl.

“Suho-yah...here’s your sister.” His father pulled the boy towards them, forcing the boy to face the girl. Yooju watched him, as the boy struggled very hard to get his eyes to meet hers.

Finally he nodded, forcing a smile to curve up his lips.

“Abhuji I’ll be in the car. Come with omma and...Suyeon.”

He walked out of the office, without meeting her eyes again.

* * *

“You heard that? Han Yooju and Kim Suho turned out to be twins.”

Yoona whispered to her boyfriend Kim Minseok, as the couple sat together during the lunch hour. Neither of the mentioned students were there to be seen in the cafeteria, and Minseok nearly choked on his mango juice.

“What? Weren’t they...”

“Dating, yeah. It’s not like they were the standard High School couple like most of us are...but yes, they liked each other a lot. Poor kids.” Yoona sighed, pushing her plate away in lost appetite.

“Damn...talk about twisted fates. But still, do they look alike to you at all Yoona?” Minseok asked, still unable to accept the sudden revelation. Yoona shrugged snatching away his mango juice and taking a sip from it. “Nothing to me as well, but they say it was proved by a DNA test, and since they’re different in gender as well, they can be different in appearance. Since they’re not identical twins.”

“Now even I feel bad about that loser.”

A taller figure appeared at their table and flopped on the chair next to Minseok. The couple gapped at Minho, as started tracing the scratches on the table with his finger tips. “Now he skips more classes than I do. Saw him on the rooftop just before I came down for lunch...he must have spent the whole morning there.”

“Were you on the rooftop smoking?” Yoona asked him with a smirk. Minho banged his fist on the table and glared at her, making Minseok snicker in silence. “Is that the important thing here? What’s important is why that twerp was skipping all classes and staying on the rooftop! It’s not like he can avoid Yooju forever! And why bother coming to school if he doesn’t sit in the class at all?”

“I kinda get him.” Minseok nodded thoughtfully. “It’s not like he can let his parents know what had been going on between them, and it’s not like he can make up to accept Yooju as his sister either. He’s just stuck between everything...maybe it’ll settle down with time.”

“What if it doesn’t?” Yoona asked.

“What do you mean?”

“What is he or she cannot get over their feelings?”

“Don’t be ridiculous Yoon!”

* * *

Yooju was still in class. Fiddling with the still untouched milk carton Yoona had brought for her because she didn’t show up for lunch, she was staring at his bag on the chair which had been empty all day.

The past two weeks had been nothing but torture to them.

As her new parents practically begged her to start living with them as soon as possible, her adoptive father had been ignoring her calls all day long and since her stepmom was highly encouraging her to move in with the Kims, (she was kind enough to bring all her belongings from Seoul and her boarding place and deliver them to her new home as well), Yooju had no option but to start living with them starting the very day she found out about them.

And Suho had started avoiding her to an unbearable level, and every time Yooju tried to talk and sort things out with him, he gave some excuse while avoiding her eyes and disappeared.

She too was having a hard time, no one knew how she cried at night alone in the room that had been arranged for her, but the girl knew very well that Suho was having a harder time than her.

He never spoke up, but his pale face said it all, every time he showed up for dinner.

Meanwhile Yooju was more than grateful for receiving actual parents who loved her to a level she had never even imagined of, so the girl decided to make up her mind and move on, because receiving a proper family which she never had, was more precious to the orphan girl than her new found high school love.

But for Suho, things were way more different.

What he lost, was the person he loved for longer than even he could remember.

And that too, was not the first time he lost her.

He alone, knew how much it hurt.

 

Coming back to the classroom assuming it might be empty during the lunch break, Suho ran straight into the girl who just stepped out of the same room. Bumping into each other made the stack of books in Suho’s arms fall at his feet, along with the milk carton Yooju had been holding.

The bunch of books were strewn on the floor beneath them, with different topics of the same category printed on each and every book.

And it didn’t take more than a few seconds for her to realize they were all related to travelling, both local and international, burrowed from the school library.

Suho crouched down at once, and started to hastily gather the books. And she watched him in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter