No Other

Leave Me Breathless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Requested by: QueenLatifeh

Prompt: Misunderstanding Leeteuk's song dedication as a joke, Yoona is now furious. 

 

No Other

LeeTeuk § YoonA

YoonTeuk

 

Sweat trickled down Leeteuk’s forehead as he scanned through the crowd, behind the backstage curtain. “Hyung, they’rehere.” With a light tap on his leaders shoulder, Sungmin waved his cell phone in front of Teuk.

Finally satisfied, Leeteuk nodded his head and waved everyone over. “Okay, so let’s make our fans go crazy.” Eyeing each of the members, they all put their hands together in the circle. “Hwaiting!” They shouted in unison before running on stage.

Aaaaahhhhhh!

The sound of fans screaming sent adrenaline down each of the Super Junior member’s body. It was time for super show!

Shortly after finishing their third song, Leetuek raised his hands to signal for the fans to quiet down. “How’s everybody doing tonight?” He paused for a minute to listen to their incoherent screams.

“So for the next song, I want to dedicate it to my best friend. Who happened to be the same girl, I’ve been asking to marry me for the past decade and yes, she’s still saying no.” Leeteuk stated sending the fans in roars of laughter or crying? It was hard to tell. “For Im Yoona, the girl who keeps calling me in the middle of the night crying.” The minute he finished his speech the fans screamed twice as loud as before. Exhaling a deep breath, he didn’t even know he was holding. He flashed a boyish smile in the general direction he knew she would be in as the music started playing. With all his heart he hoped/wished she would take his dedication as a serious confession. And maybe she’ll accept him this time.

Squirming in his seat, the leader of Super Junior stared and waited for their dressing room to almost magically open. “Hyung, you’re going to burn a hole in the door.” Shindong joked teasingly, nudging the other man.

Swatting his hand at his dongsaeng, Leeteuk brushed him off nonchalantly. Now was not the time to joke. When the door inched open, Teuk instantly jumped up,greeting the guests. One by one three of the members of SNSD came in…wait three?

“Yoona said she wasn’t feeling well so she went back to the car.” Sunny said, answering Leeteuk’s silent question.

“Party pooper.” Hyukjae remarked while pulling out his cell phone, more than likely to text the mentioned.

“Tae…” Leeteuk started off.

Taeyeon shook her head. “Mianhe oppa. I tried but she wouldn’t listen.”Patting his forearm comfortingly, she added on. “I think Yoong was upset about your little dedication.”

“What? Why?” He crossed his eyes together, trying to understand.

“Not sure, but you could always check with her. She’s outside in the van by herself.”

Not even bothering to thank the kid leader, Leeteuk grabbed a baseball cap and a jacket before dashing off into the halls.

“Man, he’s got it bad.”

Stopping abruptly in front of the van he knew Yoona would be in, Leeteuk took a deep breath before slowly sliding the door to open. This is it. Pasting a boyish smile onto his face, Teuk climbed into the van.

“What are you doing here?” Yoona hissed.

“To check on you, didn’t you say you weren’t feeling well? He answered back, not even alarmed by her sudden aggressiveness.

Huffing out in exasperation, the doe eyed girl turned her head towards the car window, away from him. Honestly, what ishe doing here anyways? Did he want to joke with her some more? Wasn’t it enough that he did it on stage?

Clearing his throat to catch her attention, Leeteuk eyed her intently. “PMS?”

“Yah!” Like second nature, she whacked him in the arm.

“I’ll take that as a no then.” Adjusting himself comfortably in the seat, he closedhis eyes and laid back,not saying anything else.

When several minutes passed and nothing was said between the two friends, Yoona wondered if he fell asleep. That jerk! That idiot!

“When are you going to tell me why you’re angry?” he said out of the bluesurprising her.

“No.” she huffed and crossed her arms like the choding she was.

Tilting his head towards her direction, Leeteuk placed a hand on her leg. “Waeyo?”

Yoona shook her head.

“If you’re going to be angry at me, thenIshould at leasthave a right to knowwhyyou’re mad.” he informed her, having a sudden urge to pull on his hair. Why did she have to be so stubborn?

She stared back into his intensely before relenting. “It’s not funny.”

He looked taken aback. What was she talking about? “What?”

“Yourjoke. Dedicating No Other to me.” Was he playing stupid?

“That wasn—”Leeteuk gaped, she had misunderstood!

“Really, oppa, I thought you knew better. I thought I told you not to say anything you don’t mean. And what would your fans say? The paparazzi will be all over this, making the headline more than likely ‘In Super Junior’s Leeteuk openly confesses to SNSD’s Im Yoona.’” Yoona vented out, not caring if she didn’t make any sense.

“I—”

She cut him off short with a hand. “You obviously weren’t thinking straight. Now, Kang Sora’s fans are now going to accuse me of stealing her husband.”

“Is that all you care about? Afraid of fans, chastising you for being friends with me?” Leeteuk blurted out, not liking the way she was saying things.

The young woman shook her head vigorously. “No! This isn’t just about me. Her fans are going to scold you too and I don’t want that so please when you go home. Tweet that your dedication was just a joke.”

“But I wasn’t JOKING.” He yelled out the last word in frustration. Why wouldn’t she listen to me?“Tonightand everything I’ve said over the past decade, I’ve almost meant every word I said. None of it was a joke.”  His chest heaved up and down.It was high time he made clear to her what his feelings were. There was no backing out now.

Clamping her hands over her airs, Yoona shook her head. “I don’t want to hear it.”

Gripping tightly onto her arms, Leeteuk moved her hands away from her ear. “Whether you like it or not you’re going to have to listen.” He shot her a serious look, silencing her protests. “Do you know from the start when we met as trainees I was already captivated by you? You used to call me every night crying. Complaining of how hard training was and when you debuted you cried for the anti mails and for lack of sleep. For a time I thought you liked me from the way you would always call but then I realized you only saw me as your best friend. But, honestly, I don’t want that because I can’t control myself anymore. Every time I seeyou I just want to hold you in my arms and tell you how beautiful you look.” Tears streamed down his face as he spilled his heart out.

“I—”

“All those times I asked you to marry me, I was being serious. And when you would say no, I would have to force a smile and saymaybenext time. But really my h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter